Most Respected/Most Hated Coach, player, or

DKW 86

I'll go first:

Respected:

Players: Matt Jones, Fred Tally, Shaun Alexander. Three great guys. I was happier than their Mommas when Jones and Tally graduated.

Coaches: CTT-he built a winning program with more character than I could ever imagine. It wasnt perfect getting here, but hope he stays a long while.

Hated:

Players: Wilbur Marshall, Deion Sanders. These two were prototypical thugs while in college. Anyone remember Deion beating up a jewelry store clerk the day before the Sugar Bowl? Played anyway.

Coaches: Bobby Bowden, he may have single handedly lowered the standard for tough father figure coaches with his "Win-at-all-costs" Disrespect of coaching traditions.

I'll go first:

Respected:

Players: Matt Jones, Fred Tally, Shaun Alexander. Three great guys. I was happier than their Mommas when Jones and Tally graduated.

Coaches: CTT-he built a winning program with more character than I could ever imagine. It wasnt perfect getting here, but hope he stays a long while.

Hated:

Players: Wilbur Marshall, Deion Sanders. These two were prototypical thugs while in college. Anyone remember Deion beating up a jewelry store clerk the day before the Sugar Bowl? Played anyway.

Coaches: Bobby Bowden, he may have single handedly lowered the standard for tough father figure coaches with his "Win-at-all-costs" Disrespect of coaching traditions.

respected

Ronnie Brown sharing the spotlight never complaining once!, Peyton Manning works harder than any qb ever!

Will Herring great guy

Coaches

CTT, Frank Beamer, Mack Brown

Hated

Sean Taylor from the U what a horrible guy! Marcus Vick stomping on Elvis D's leg pulling a gun on kids!

TO enough said

shular franchonie pete carroll

Respected: My brother Bill...undersized, took a beating and kept playing no matter what...became my hero as a grown up as well....

Hated: My high school football coach....what a horses ass....can't believe I played for that guy... hope my kids never has to play for a prick like that

AND

Bear Bryant...drunken, **** ******...would like to see how he would fair in the days of scholarship limits and the NCAA actually investigating Bammer.....he had ** too.

AND

All the dance-happy, point their finger at the crowd, take their helmet off glory hogs who make a tackle and act like they just brought down Bo in the open field...whatever happened to knocking someones but off, picking them up and going back to the huddle to do it again...

Edited by DKW: a little too over the top for the football forum.

Mine are all coaches (though I agree with all of the players mentioned so far)

Respected: CTT (enough said); Hugh Nall (for having the class to accept a demotion and not let his pride get in the way of the team)

I can't stand: Lou Holtz (he finally got out of coaching and ESPN lets him hang around and stink up the air around the sport we all love. He left every program he went to in worse shape than he found it.)

Jackie Sherrill(again, he never met a program he couldn't run in the ground)

Jimmie Johnson-Dennis Erickson (the masterminds behind Thug U)

Mike Shula isn't on my list yet, but give him a few years (if he stays that long). If the way he handled Juwan this summer is any indication, he will be up there with the big boys soon. :puke:

Players- Pat Sullivan- The mightiest Tiger of them ALL. (He still stands for all that is right in college football)

Ronnie Brown-Class-Character-Ability...

Shuan Alexander-STUDENT-Great player-Great person

Chucky Mullins

Thugs-Deon/Miami in general

Half the Va Tech team of '04

Coaches-

CTT

Mark Richt

Shug

Bill Curry(Don't chuckle-He attempted to do it the right way)

Thugs-

Any coach with the last name of bowben

Respected Players: Ronnie Brown, The DB from Clemson(his name escapes me) that has custody of his little brother

No Respect for: Charlie Dare(if you could even call him a player), Deion, Anybody named Vick, Maurice Clarett, and most anyone who played for FSU or Miami in the 90's.

Respected Coaches: CTT, Sylvester Croom, Mark Mangino(sp) of Kansas, Mkie Ditka (hey, the man hs ED and is proud of it)...

No respect for: Jackie Sherill, Ray Ray Perkins, Petey Carroll, any coach named Bowden as well

Most Respected Coaches in no particular order

Rich Rodriguez at WVA (they are stout)

Bobby Ross at Army (already has an NCAA and NFL title, what else does he have to prove)

Chris Ault at Nevada (most inovative)

No Respect in no particular order

Mike DuBose (see signature)

Phil Fulmer (recruiting, player education)

Jim Tressel (the whole Maurice Clarrett deal, he wins a MNC for you and now he is in jail, to many other accusations to list here)

And for all the U and FSU bashing listed in previous posts

Mark Richt (played at the U, coached at FSU for some 13 years, trust me, he has everybody fooled in at ole UGA, there are quit a few thugs at UGA just for example any player from Buford HS; he'll leave UGA as fast he can open the door as soon as the "U" offers him the money)

It is really tough to list all the ones I like and don't like so I will just list one in each category.

Most respected player----this is easy, Terry Beasley. There have lots of great players but I don't know of anyone who left more blood and guts on the field than Terry. If you haven't read the book about him you must do so.

Most Disliked Player---Deion Sanders. The ultimate a-hole.

Most Respected Coach--Shug Jordan.. He did more with the talent he had than anyone I know and he won the UPI NC in 1957.

Most disliked Coach--Terry Bowden. he quit on his players. 'nuff said.

Most respected players: Navy, Army, and Air Force players. Those guys have to put up with a really tough class schudule, training, and their football schdules. Gotta have respect for that.

Least respected players: Deion, TO, Ray Lewis, and most players from "The U"

Least respected coach: Bobby Bowden, Larry Coker (heads of thug Us)

Most respected coach: Bobby Ross, CTT, Joe Pa

dkw...which forum can i post the offending comments on? I hate alabama and i want you to hate them too....

Visit the Woodshed from now on I guess. I am posting stuff I am finding there and all the really over the top stuff should go there.

I have the most respect for BO JACKSON, people! Come on he is only the greatest player in Auburn history.

I love Reggie Bush for what he has done for the city of New Orleans in his short time in the NFL. The man has a heart of gold.

Respect: Peyton Manning-class act and work ethic unlike any other

Deuce Mcallister-another very classy guy who is a team player especially since Reggie came to

town

Coaches that I respect and would love to play for: Mark Richt, Steve Spurrier, Ty Willingham, Mack Brown, Pete Carroll, Kirk Ferenz, Ron Zook

Most hated players: All of Miami's teams, Marcus Vick, Maurice Clarett

Coaches: Fat Phil, Dennis Franchione, Bob Stoops, Lou Holtz, I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of

Mark Richt (played at the U, coached at FSU for some 13 years, trust me, he has everybody fooled in at ole UGA, there are quit a few thugs at UGA just for example any player from Buford HS; he'll leave UGA as fast he can open the door as soon as the "U" offers him the money)

:roflol:

Sadly, I know you don't actually believe that crap so I just got rid of an actual response to that.

Most Respected Coaches:

CTT - See all posts above

Mark Richt - Successful coach who represents this conference with class and dignity

Nick Saben - Absolute work-a-holic. Always handled himself with class IMO.

Least Respected:

Lou Holtz - A trail of problems left behind at every place he coached

CMFS - Sorry, but his handling of Jariuana Simpson was as big a joke as I've seen in a long time.

Phatimus Foolmer - See CMFS above.

The two coaches I respect the most is Joe Pa and The Ole Ball Coach. No one has ment more to a program than these two guys.

Most hated coach Terry Bowden. I could not stand him when AU hired him, I could not stand him when he was 20-0 and I sure as hell hate him now. Not to mention anyone who coaches for Notre Dame

Hated Players are Deion Sanders (The most Overrated Player of all time) and the all time biggest thug Terrell Owens.

The player I respect the most is anyone that plays for AUBURN and leaves with a degree.

Most respected coaches:

CTT

Steve Spurrier

Bobby Johnson

Joe Paterno

Most hated coaches:

Bobby Bowden

Jimmy Johnson

Bob Stoops

Terry Bowden

Respected Players:

Doug Flutie

Randy Campbell

Lionel James

Bo Jackson

Greg Carr

Jason Campbell

Ronnie Brown

Ramon McElrathbey- Clemson player

Pat Tillman

Mark Dodge- current Texas A&M player that was in the Army and at the Pentagon when it was hit on 9/11

Dan Marino

Boomer Esiason

Hated Players:

Brian Bosworth

Kevin Winslow Jr.

Deion Sanders

Most every U of Miami player ever, except Vinny Testaverde

Archived