11am Kickoffs

CircleDrill

What do you guys think about 11am kickoffs?

I was talking to a friend of mine at the University of Iowa, and he said they love them up there. He said they actually prefer to play their games at 11am. And if you watched the Ohio State and Iowa game you know that they just got lights on their stadium last year, and this was only their 2nd night game in school history.

Lots different than the SEC.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on the 11am kickoffs and if you have any special modifications to your gameday routine, or what you do?

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on the 11am kickoffs and if you have any special modifications to your gameday routine, or what you do?

Mix screwdrivers earlier!

I prefer later games. I have a 3 to 3 1/2 drive, I usually just roll on game day. That is when I get to come to Auburn which is not very often. I also feel its alot different on the players with the early start.

I don't think football should be played before noon. But as long as JP/Lincoln whatever is around and they have the early time slot, it's gonna happen. I still love night games regardless of the logisitics. I don't care what anybody says, that's the best game for a home crowd advantage. The worst was when I was there from 98 - 02. We had so many damn JP games. There's no worse feeling than waking up for a game after you've gone to bed only hours before.

On the other side though, I would assume the players like early games so they don't have to sit around all day waiting to play. Then again maybe they like that.

I HATE early day games. Any kickoff from 11:00-3:00 sucks. Tailgating is shortened and the atmosphere during the game is dull. Even the LSU game was a little dull until the fourth quater. The sun zaps all the energy out of the crowd. As few day games as possible please! I love games that give you all day to get tanked and then you walk into Jordan-Hare and see that beautiful field lit up. If Auburn has a "jungle", it is only under the lights because our crowd is very tame most of the time.

For fans, I think there is no question that later games are better. Either the 3:30 (2:30 Auburn time) slot or the night games are fine. When a game is at 11:00 it is hard to get "into" the atmosphere, especially if you don't live in Auburn and have to travel the day of the game.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I hate them early in the season. It hampers my ability to attend as many games as possible. A 1:30 kickoff is better, but I prefer a night game.

my 21st birthday is saturday. i am NOT a fan at all considering the night before is gonna be awesome. although it does get me to supper club earlier.

Early games stink. I rather drive back late at night instead of get up early the day of.

Also, I think fans are "more awake" for later afternoon games.

Don't believe me? Go to a LSU game that's in the day (say noonish kick off) and a night game. The night game is sooooo much more alive.

doesn't the 11:00 a.m. start more for the eastern standard time television starts? i love it on the west coast for early starts as i can proceed with may day and night.

The Supper Club is my vote for the best club in america!!! I have seen Derick trucks, Buddy miles, Widespred, Govmt Mule, Soullive and of course coming off thier world tour the world famous Velcro Pygmies ( about 200 nudred times) What a great place to celebrate tell the back bar tender Pauly War damn eagle from an old friend. Randy!!! I can smell the vomit floors and busbar Now. My only advice if you dont have a DD take the Drunk bus WHOOOOOOHOOOOO.....Play freebird!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and i also saw that dam silver fox Mr Hicks there about 80 times

Fry the bacon :flame::arky:

ONE at a Time!!!!!!!!!!

The Supper Club is my vote for the best club in america!!! I have seen Derick trucks, Buddy miles, Widespred, Govmt Mule, Soullive and of course coming off thier world tour the world famous Velcro Pygmies ( about 200 nudred times) What a great place to celebrate tell the back bar tender Pauly War damn eagle from an old friend. Randy!!! I can smell the vomit floors and busbar Now. My only advice if you dont have a DD take the Drunk bus WHOOOOOOHOOOOO.....Play freebird!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and i also saw that dam silver fox Mr Hicks there about 80 times

Fry the bacon :flame::arky:

ONE at a Time!!!!!!!!!!

you forgot the likes of David Allen Coe, Drivin-N-Cryin, and Metal Rose.

Bad timing here, but I always think of the :arky: game in 2002. During the band's warmup outside the stadium, Dr. Good mentioned how all the fans seemed kinda dead due to the early kickoff. We tried to pep things up, but even we were a tiny bit dead. On the contrary, Matt Jones was very much alive that day. <_<

morning games are okay for the pee wee's but not for college.

the friday night supper club patrons might need some tooth picks to keep their eyes open for the early start saturday morning.

Mix screwdrivers earlier!

It means I have to crack open my first beer at 5 am. Thats when Supperclub also cracks open the first of his few Zima's for the day.

Thats when Supperclub also cracks open the first of his few Zima's for the day.

You really shouldn't make fun of his premium malt beverages.

Correction - that's when SupperClub puts the finishing touches on his Zima's from the night before, and starts on his Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. Woo-hoo! Who's bringing the Jolly Ranchers?

Archived