Thoughts on Auburn Experience

DCWarEagle

Just thought y'all would like to see what some Arkansas fans were saying about their trip to Auburn. Sounds like they were all treated well and had a good time. I wish their good time had not extended to the game itself, but you know, as fans we can't really control too much of what happens on the field, but we can control how we act and we can represent our school with class. It sucks that we lost, but it really makes me happy to hear that our fans are known for being loud and spirited, but also for being friendly and classy. War Eagle!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,82004.0.html

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,82070.0.html

It was unanimous from our group who travelled down to the "prettiest village on the plain" that Auburn fans are the antithesis of Alabama fans. That is, collectively, you are the nicest and most accommodating fans within the SEC. We had suspected as much when Auburn fans travelled up to the Hill and tailgated with us in seasons past. But, we rolled into your town and -- despite the small, spirited fans who take these weekend battles personally, were treated to some of the best Southern hospitality. Well...that hospitality even spilled out onto the football field Saturday.

What we experienced were fans who appreciated our coming down for the game, respected our program, appreciated our team spirit and EXPECTED us (as fans and as a team) to bring our A game.

DUDES, the War Eagle Supper Club rocks!!! On Friday night, we chatted with many, many Auburn fans who expected more out of the Arkansas Razorbacks then many of the Hog fans. So many Aubbie fans told us they expected a close game and they had nothing but good things to say about our running backs...and even our coaches. I had several drinks that night, but only paid for one...that is the level of hospitality that I experienced.

Okay...it is a war when our teams take the field, but it doesn't have to be a war for those of us who DON'T cinch up the chin straps. The Auburn Nation demonstrated this quite well.

Do me a favor and post this 'thank you' post to some of the other Auburn boards for me. Appreciation is due to the Auburn Nation for making us feel at home.

WAR EAGLE!

GO HOGS GO!!!

Just thought y'all would like to see what some Arkansas fans were saying about their trip to Auburn. Sounds like they were all treated well and had a good time. I wish their good time had not extended to the game itself, but you know, as fans we can't really control too much of what happens on the field, but we can control how we act and we can represent our school with class. It sucks that we lost, but it really makes me happy to hear that our fans are known for being loud and spirited, but also for being friendly and classy. War Eagle!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,82004.0.html

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,82070.0.html

It was unanimous from our group who travelled down to the "prettiest village on the plain" that Auburn fans are the antithesis of Alabama fans. That is, collectively, you are the nicest and most accommodating fans within the SEC. We had suspected as much when Auburn fans travelled up to the Hill and tailgated with us in seasons past. But, we rolled into your town and -- despite the small, spirited fans who take these weekend battles personally, were treated to some of the best Southern hospitality. Well...that hospitality even spilled out onto the football field Saturday.

What we experienced were fans who appreciated our coming down for the game, respected our program, appreciated our team spirit and EXPECTED us (as fans and as a team) to bring our A game.

DUDES, the War Eagle Supper Club rocks!!! On Friday night, we chatted with many, many Auburn fans who expected more out of the Arkansas Razorbacks then many of the Hog fans. So many Aubbie fans told us they expected a close game and they had nothing but good things to say about our running backs...and even our coaches. I had several drinks that night, but only paid for one...that is the level of hospitality that I experienced.

Okay...it is a war when our teams take the field, but it doesn't have to be a war for those of us who DON'T cinch up the chin straps. The Auburn Nation demonstrated this quite well.

Do me a favor and post this 'thank you' post to some of the other Auburn boards for me. Appreciation is due to the Auburn Nation for making us feel at home.

WAR EAGLE!

GO HOGS GO!!!

This is a spirit elevating post ... thanks ... it is great to be an AU tiger ... class and character speak loud and clear. In two years I hope the hogs will experience another high degree of class by our fans and a real axx kicking by our team.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Nice post....can't wait to go up there next year.

Archived