Florida vs. Auburn intro

bellefay1

I've got goose bumps...........Seriously. Check this one out, notice the Last Hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjav89AB22Y...ted&search=

Now, If this video doesn't get ya going........NOTHING WILL, because you is dead. Some explicit Language in the song. WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE

Dang it, I thought maybe you had found a link to the actual intro video used at JHS. I am still yet to find one. They have been pretty good this year about not letting a copy of that video out apparenlty.

i still hold my breath on that play we had against georgia, when i watched that game, i held my breath b/c i thought he had broken that kids neck, especially the way he went to the ground, it was a miracle that he got up.

i hate the rule change that doesn't allow the defensive players to hit people coming across the middle helmet to helmet, because offensive panzy is in a prone position. i don't see or hear anyone crying foul when that same offensive guy gets a blindsided, full-head-of-steam, decleater, pancake block, you know "the-i-am-about-to- make-the-tackle...BAM!!!! my the stars are out tonite, why am i on my back, how did i get here, where am i?, who am i?" --ie. the block of a lifetime. noone says anything about that being a cheapshot or thuggery, i have never heard anyone complain about that. b/c of rule change that balance is missing. it is no longer equal opportunity to hit and get hit. bad things happen when defenders must show restraint. if offense doesn't want to risk this type of hit, THEN DON'T COME ACROSS THE MIDDLE, if you are scared say your scared. in my book the OC should be the responsible party for any such injury coming across the middle. also, if defender can no longer lead with his helmet to tackle, you are left with what my coach referred to as "arm tackling" which turns an ordinary rb into an all-american. neck injuries are the result of lowering your head and hitting with the top of the helmet, this is spearing, and already a personal foul. the technique i am referring to is use your facemask like crosshairs on a scope and hit the guy in the numbers, and then wrap up, all while driving your legs and thus driving your opponent into the ground. just my 2 cents worth.

FORMER LB.

FWIW, the NCAA doesn't mind when you use the facemask to line up the NUMBERS of an offensive player. They have a problem when you use them to line up the EARHOLE of the opposing players helmet. However, I agree with you on the rule. If nothing else it puts more pressure on defenses because receivers are more aggresive about coming across the middle. If there was a risk of getting their lights knocked out, they wouldn't be there nearly as often.

i still hold my breath on that play we had against georgia, when i watched that game, i held my breath b/c i thought he had broken that kids neck, especially the way he went to the ground, it was a miracle that he got up.

i hate the rule change that doesn't allow the defensive players to hit people coming across the middle helmet to helmet, because offensive panzy is in a prone position. i don't see or hear anyone crying foul when that same offensive guy gets a blindsided, full-head-of-steam, decleater, pancake block, you know "the-i-am-about-to- make-the-tackle...BAM!!!! my the stars are out tonite, why am i on my back, how did i get here, where am i?, who am i?" --ie. the block of a lifetime. noone says anything about that being a cheapshot or thuggery, i have never heard anyone complain about that. b/c of rule change that balance is missing. it is no longer equal opportunity to hit and get hit. bad things happen when defenders must show restraint. if offense doesn't want to risk this type of hit, THEN DON'T COME ACROSS THE MIDDLE, if you are scared say your scared. in my book the OC should be the responsible party for any such injury coming across the middle. also, if defender can no longer lead with his helmet to tackle, you are left with what my coach referred to as "arm tackling" which turns an ordinary rb into an all-american. neck injuries are the result of lowering your head and hitting with the top of the helmet, this is spearing, and already a personal foul. the technique i am referring to is use your facemask like crosshairs on a scope and hit the guy in the numbers, and then wrap up, all while driving your legs and thus driving your opponent into the ground. just my 2 cents worth.

FORMER LB.

you really want players to be able to hit with their helmet?? Dang...I sure hope you don't coach football anywhere. The equipment players where is designed for PROTECTION not to be used to punish an opponent. What you are talking about is in extremely poor taste, unsportsmanlike and totally dirty football. Putting a helmet in the players chest (whether its the top of the helmet or the facemask)is PUNISHING an opponent unnecessarily and has nothing to do with tackling. This is designed to protect the player delivering the hit more so than the player receiving the hit... No this doesn't mean you have to "arm tackle" as you call it above...there is the part of the body thats called a SHOULDER that you use to make a LEGAL and safe hit/tackle.

You don't see anyone crying foul about the blindside "decleater" as you call it, because contact is usually above the waist and at the front of the oppoenent. The direction he's facing makes no difference whatsoever. As long as contact is above the waist and from the front or side.

Head to head contact would fill up every emergency room across the country on the weekends if this were legal...

retired official after 16 years....

FWIW, the NCAA doesn't mind when you use the facemask to line up the NUMBERS of an offensive player. They have a problem when you use them to line up the EARHOLE of the opposing players helmet. However, I agree with you on the rule. If nothing else it puts more pressure on defenses because receivers are more aggresive about coming across the middle. If there was a risk of getting their lights knocked out, they wouldn't be there nearly as often.

Sorry, but you better check the rule book again. Any use of the helmet (including the facemask) is ILLEGAL..

Persons Subject to the Rules Restrictions

ARTICLE 2. No person subject to the rules shall commit a personal foul

before the game, during the game or between the periods. Any act prohibited

hereunder or any other act of unnecessary roughness is a personal foul.

a. No person subject to the rules shall strike an opponent with the knee;

strike an opponent’s helmet (including the face mask), neck, face or

any other part of the body with an extended forearm, elbow, locked

hands, palm, fist, or the heel, back or side of the open hand; or gouge an

opponent (A.R. 9-1-2-I and II).

And this....

l. No player shall use his helmet (including the face mask) to butt or ram

an opponent in an attempt to punish him (A.R. 9-1-2-XVI).

definitiions:

SECTION 24. Spearing

ARTICLE 1. Spearing is the use of the helmet (including the face mask) in

an attempt to punish an opponent.

SECTION 26. Tackling

ARTICLE 1. Tackling is grasping or encircling an opponent with a hand(s)

or arm(s).

the above references were to tackling drills from the early eighties that we and every team we played practiced and executed in games for all of the years we played. nothing dirty about it and no the emergency rooms were not full of hurt kids every week. i guess people were just a lot tougher back in the early 80's. and everytime i would use my shoulders i would receive those nasty stingers. if hitting no longer allowed we can always have soccer. the hit on leak on that option is the exact technique that i am referring to. that was definitely not a dirty hit just a good hard-nose old school hit. the game is not for the faint of heart.

Archived