What happened on the eagle flight??? Ref skycam...

eagle76

I was pleasantly surprised. The eagle was launched from the upper deck just like normal. The eagle had ample room to circle around, but it only circled about 1/4 of the way around and then went to the trainer.

The SkyCam was mounted to the light poles and they had it pulled tight up a mile high in the air. The SkyCam did not affect the eagle flight from what I can tell.

So I hope you guys will join me in emailing Jay Jacobs and thanking him for not letting ESPN screw with our gameday tradition.

I was pleasantly surprised. The eagle was launched from the upper deck just like normal. The eagle had ample room to circle around, but it only circled about 1/4 of the way around and then went to the trainer.

The SkyCam was mounted to the light poles and they had it pulled tight up a mile high in the air. The SkyCam did not affect the eagle flight from what I can tell.

So I hope you guys will join me in emailing Jay Jacobs and thanking him for not letting ESPN screw with our gameday tradition.

well it was slightly different she flew from the base of the flagpole, normally it is from the top of section 109 or something. After she landed they quicly dropped the cables attached the camera and went live with it.

Very cool

They showed the pic of a golden eagle flying then identified her as "Nova." Isn't "Nova" a bald eagle? Isn't the golden eagle "Tiger (Roman numeral here??)"

The flight was changed some. Nova only circled once before the bait was dropped. The flight usually lasts 2-3 times longer than what happened Saturday night. No complaints though. I believe they have worked it out with the skycam. Kudos to Jacobs and ESPN.

I've read where Nova will most likely be renamed Tiger VII in a few years when Tiger VI retires.

The flight was changed some. Nova only circled once before the bait was dropped. The flight usually lasts 2-3 times longer than what happened Saturday night. No complaints though. I believe they have worked it out with the skycam. Kudos to Jacobs and ESPN.

I've read where Nova will most likely be renamed Tiger VII in a few years when Tiger VI retires.

1) what is his email address?

2) how cool would it be if the skycam could get an aerial view of the flight..!!!!

Jay Jacobs email is athldir@auburn.edu

I hope everyone will email him and thank him for making Skycam conform to OUR tradition instead of the other way around. Great job, Jay!

where have you read this? this is good news... i have been wondering about that for a while. i was hoping they'd make the golden eagle the next Tiger and not Spirit, cause Auburn has always had a golden eagle.

where have you read this? this is good news... i have been wondering about that for a while. i was hoping they'd make the golden eagle the next Tiger and not Spirit, cause Auburn has always had a golden eagle.

If my memory serves me well, back when we got our first eagle, we wanted a bald eagle. The feds wouldn't let us have one because it was an endangered species. However, since we have always had a golden eagle, I'm for sticking with it. Now, it's tradition.

WAR GOLDEN EAGLE!

If my memory serves me well, back when we got our first eagle, we wanted a bald eagle. The feds wouldn't let us have one because it was an endangered species. However, since we have always had a golden eagle, I'm for sticking with it. Now, it's tradition.

WAR GOLDEN EAGLE!

I'm a tradition type myself, but I would prefer to let the one fly that does the best. I do like having more than one ... a backup suits me.

Archived