Auburn vs. Ole Miss

aulax1

Oct. 16, 2006

AUBURN - The Auburn football game at Ole Miss on Oct. 28 will air on Lincoln Financial Sport. Kickoff is slated for 11:30 a.m. CT.

Lincoln Financial Sports, previously Jefferson Pilot Sports, aired the Tigers' 34-0 win at Mississippi State on Sept. 9.

The Ole Miss game will mark Auburn's seventh televised contest of the season.

Oct. 16, 2006

AUBURN - The Auburn football game at Ole Miss on Oct. 28 will air on Lincoln Financial Sport. Kickoff is slated for 11:30 a.m. CT.

Lincoln Financial Sports, previously Jefferson Pilot Sports, aired the Tigers' 34-0 win at Mississippi State on Sept. 9.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Need to hear me some Dave cubed.

Oct. 16, 2006

Pffffffttttttttt... I already had a Bama fan explain to me that this illustrates why Alabama is the blah, blah, blah program because their game with Ole Miss was the CBS game.

Pffffffttttttttt... I already had a Bama fan explain to me that this illustrates why Alabama is the blah, blah, blah program because their game with Ole Miss was the CBS game.

Personally I would agree with the Bama fan and tell him you hope SPUAT is on as much as can be so the rest of the world can see they are lving a lie.

Personally I would agree with the Bama fan and tell him you hope SPUAT is on as much as can be so the rest of the world can see they are lving a lie.

I always thought it was the Ole Miss game that was being televised. They just happened to be playing uat.

Lincoln Financial is a great company. I changed my life insurance from Northwestern Mutal to Lincoln about 4 years ago, I'd never heard of them. Saved me about 60% on my premium of the same face value. They are a very good company, not trying to plug 'em but just a very happy customer. Glad to see them running the SEC TV stuff this year.

Dang, I'm going to Oxford....but a lot earlier now than originally planned. Oh well, more time to party afterwards with no "hotty toddy."

Oct. 16, 2006

Surely your rebuttal was that UAT = Ole Miss, so CBS picked them because they correctly predicted it will be close. Why would they put our game with such a crappy team on instead of Florida-Georgia or Tennessee-South Carolina?

Credit Chris Fowler for making one astute observation on GameDay - the three most feared words in the SEC are "ROAD . . . NIGHT . . . GAME." Daytime kickoff (esp. 11:30) seriously mitigates home field advantage. (Think :arky: at :au: , if you can bear it.) Granted we should handle :om: regardless, but I feel more comfortable with a day game vs. a night game. :om: played :uga: tough a couple Saturday nights ago ago in Oxford (although, admittedly, that's looking less impressive now . . . )

Oct. 16, 2006

Surely your rebuttal was that UAT = Ole Miss, so CBS picked them because they correctly predicted it will be close. Why would they put our game with such a crappy team on instead of Florida-Georgia or Tennessee-South Carolina?

Sadly my rebuttal involved advising him to perform a possibly illegal act of self-love.

Isn't that ya'lls second game at 11:30? LSU's had one and I hate them when they're that early. less tailgating.

we had Miss State on 9/9 on LF (I keep wanting to type JP). :rolleyes:

There are really only a few negatives about this game being on Lincoln Financial.

1.) The announcers. These guys are almost always going to screw up the game, most of the time by using the wrong names of the players. (ex. calling Courtney Taylor Kenny Irons.)

2.) If you are going to the game you either need a hotel room for the night before, or you need to leave very early in the morning.

Credit Chris Fowler for making one astute observation on GameDay - the three most feared words in the SEC are "ROAD . . . NIGHT . . . GAME." Daytime kickoff (esp. 11:30) seriously mitigates home field advantage. (Think :arky: at :au: , if you can bear it.) Granted we should handle :om: regardless, but I feel more comfortable with a day game vs. a night game. :om: played :uga: tough a couple Saturday nights ago ago in Oxford (although, admittedly, that's looking less impressive now . . . )

Yeah, if you don't believe that just ask Arkansas.

Archived