Auburn is in a great position!

jumbo

Jeff and Bryan do a great job over there...they are easily one of the best admins Rivals has...they don't complain after a loss (like UF) they don't spin out of control (like Bama). Their War Rooms (I'd venture to say worth the price of a subscription) are not as black and white speculative like others

example: Last year, fall sometime a Bama War Room was quoted as to say "Auburn has no chance for in staters Michael Goggans and Tim Hawthorne"...Jeff and Bryan understand that recruiting is as unpredicatble as rolling dice and don't make such strong statements...

Not to hijack the thread...

Its great when your team can redshirt 91% of its freshmen and hopefully we can keep that up. 2004 was the beginning not the pinnacle

It's called building the program.

Anytime somebody complains about Auburn not amassing enough "style points" in a victory, I just want to hit them with an unyielding object. Tubs puts in lots of players to give them enough experience for the next season. That, in my opinion, is far more important than racking up 65 points on Buffalo.

Anytime somebody complains about Auburn not amassing enough "style points" in a victory, I just want to hit them with an unyielding object. Tubs puts in lots of players to give them enough experience for the next season. That, in my opinion, is far more important than racking up 65 points on Buffalo.

Actually its called RELOADING the program ;)

Who are the two not redshirted - Tate? Ricks?

What about Greg Smith? Will he get a redshirt, or are the coaches still expecting to use him this year?

Any chance Cole Bennett would get a medical redshirt? I know he says he plans to be back for I think) :uga: , but, in case he doesn't make it back . . . just wondering . . .

Who are the two not redshirted - Tate? Ricks?

What about Greg Smith? Will he get a redshirt, or are the coaches still expecting to use him this year?

Any chance Cole Bennett would get a medical redshirt? I know he says he plans to be back for I think) :uga: , but, in case he doesn't make it back . . . just wondering . . .

I posted an article earlier this week, it mentioned that we could go after a medical redshirt for Cole if he and his family wants to pursue it.

I beg to differ. We're not at the reloading stage. When we're Top 5 every single year, then we're reloading. As it currently stands, we are still alternating between 11-2 or 12-1 or 13-0 and 9-3.

That being said, I think we will soon be at the point you described. I think the critical point was the Tray Blackmon suspension. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, on that team thinks that they can be prima donnas. And that's what makes a team great.

That's exactly what it is. Very few teams have the depth and talent to be able to redshirt this many players. Remember when CTT got here, he was struggling to find 22 players to put on the field that could play effectively. Now, he picks and chooses because we have so much depth at so many key positions. Our RB position is among the best in the country(if not the best). We continue to excel recruiting RB and WR. I believe while our WR are young, there is definent talent there, and we'll see a lot from those guys very soon. CTT is reloading this program every year. Just look back to what we lost in 2004 to the NFL and in 2005 we lead the SEC in scoring offense, and average MORE points a game than in 2004. Rebuilding teams don't do that...TEAMS THAT RELOAD EVERY YEAR DO THAT...

I beg to differ. We're not at the reloading stage. When we're Top 5 every single year, then we're reloading. As it currently stands, we are still alternating between 11-2 or 12-1 or 13-0 and 9-3.

That being said, I think we will soon be at the point you described. I think the critical point was the Tray Blackmon suspension. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, on that team thinks that they can be prima donnas. And that's what makes a team great.

I see what your saying but when you have 3-4 teams in the league doing the same thing those type records

may be the norm. Auburn is in a very strong position.

That's exactly what it is. Very few teams have the depth and talent to be able to redshirt this many players. Remember when CTT got here, he was struggling to find 22 players to put on the field that could play effectively. Now, he picks and chooses because we have so much depth at so many key positions. Our RB position is among the best in the country(if not the best). We continue to excel recruiting RB and WR. I believe while our WR are young, there is definent talent there, and we'll see a lot from those guys very soon. CTT is reloading this program every year. Just look back to what we lost in 2004 to the NFL and in 2005 we lead the SEC in scoring offense, and average MORE points a game than in 2004. Rebuilding teams don't do that...TEAMS THAT RELOAD EVERY YEAR DO THAT...

you hit the nail on the head! Auburn just keeps building depth!!!! And a national power! WDE

I have to say I am pretty excited about the next 5-10 years for Auburn football. It makes me damn proud to be an alum. I really Hope CTT sticks with AU for the rest of his career (sort of like Paterno, Bowden or Bear Bryant) I really think he could build a heck of a legacy. He is a good leader and has built a program that is consistently in the top 10 at the end of the year over the past 5 years (except the 03 debacle :no: - but I think he learned about hiring proper coordinators after that one :) ). We may not make the national championship this year - heck Auburn may even make the Cap one bowl again w/a 3 loss team again - but I see good things looming on the horizon for this program and for the first time in a long time, we as fans can feel pretty confident going into every game. And that says ALOT. Thanks a ton CTT. And WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Archived