Most Accurate Prediction Power Rankings

DKW 86

Trey who's dad?

How is the most accurate with Fla. ranked above Auburn?

True, we beat them, but in a very tight game that could have gone either way. (Actually a one-point game 'til the fumble/touchdown "gimme" as the horn sounded. Heck, I'd say the odds of getting a freak fumble return like that are no better than the odds of them scoring on a "Hail Mary" had they tried, so one could argue that they were just as close to winning at the horn as we were.) Meanwhile, they beat a top ranked team, Tennessee, while we lost to Arkansas. And they beat LSU more convincingly than we did.

Not saying that I personally would put the Gators over the Tigers, necessarily, but I'm biased. I can see how it's not a huge stretch for an impartial person to have the Gators ahead, however.

Trey who's dad?

True, we beat them, but in a very tight game that could have gone either way. (Actually a one-point game 'til the fumble/touchdown "gimme" as the horn sounded. Heck, I'd say the odds of getting a freak fumble return like that are no better than the odds of them scoring on a "Hail Mary" had they tried, so one could argue that they were just as close to winning at the horn as we were.) Meanwhile, they beat a top ranked team, Tennessee, while we lost to Arkansas. And they beat LSU more convincingly than we did.

Not saying that I personally would put the Gators over the Tigers, necessarily, but I'm biased. I can see how it's not a huge stretch for an impartial person to have the Gators ahead, however.

actually, it was 21-17 before that "gimme" td on the last play. that's a 4-point game, and also meant they had to find the endzone to win. big difference.

Trey who's dad?

actually, it was 21-17 before that "gimme" td on the last play. that's a 4-point game, and also meant they had to find the endzone to win. big difference.

My bad..I forgot it was a 4-point, not a 1-point lead at that time. But still, I 'd say the odds of them making a TD on the last play were pretty similar to the odds of us getting to advance a fumble for a touchdown on the last play of the game. So in that sense, they practically played us even to the last. If our head-to-head matchup was that close to a draw, then certainly their victory over Tennessee looks much better than our loss to Arkansas. They also beat LSU more convincingly than we did.

But I'm not too proud to accept our higher ranking in the BCS! ;)

Archived