Bama's Willful Blindness

wesfau

I'm tired of hearing ANY excuse. uat fans act like their team is the only one to ever have to manage the effects of sanctions. Jeez, what a bunch of whiners: "We're young! The sanctions hurt! We have no depth!" They ought to get on their knees and thank God that the NCAA didn't slap them with a TV ban to go along with their scholarship reductions. Then they'd have something substantial to whine about: "We're broke. We've got no TV revenue!"

I have ZERO sympathy for the uat. The sanctions were harsh because they were DESERVED. Maybe the sanctions will have the desired effect. I kind of doubt it, though -- that bunch isn't known for being fast learners.

I'm tired of hearing the probation excuse... I believe was a certain Auburn team that went undefeated while under probation... ;)

Give me a break, probation hurts a team much more down the road then in the early stages. BTW, bama has 12 players returning on O and D next year........everyone knew that bama would struggle this year...EVERYONE, your not pointing out anything new my friends.

I'm getting really tired of discussing bama. In the past several years they have become so irrelevant to me I really don't care what is going on in Tuscaloosa... I just focus on my Tigers.... I can see why so many Auburn (especially older) fans talk about them so much.... I hear my father talk about how dominating they were in the 60's @ 70's but in my lifetime Auburn has been more successful (i'm 28). I say let's talk about bama when they're the next game on the schedule starting on Nov. 12th!!!!

aTm, would have told you Fraud was a good coach too when they hired him. If Fran's motives weren't clear when he took over at Alabama, then surely even our Arnge and Blew brethren can see what his intentions are now. He wasn't planning on staying and he only recruited as such. The easiest way to look at why we are a young team is 38 to 58, that is the difference between bammer's and barney's scholarshiped players due to sanctuations in 2002 and 2003 against us. We have some seniors and juniors starting but little depth behind them. We Are a Young Team..

CT, we hear you, but back then all we heard was how frantastic a recruiter he was, second coming of Bear, Standing in the Shadows Print, The Bear Fairy, etc. We heard it all. Heck, Shane for brains spent 20 minutes on PFS one day explaining how probation would not in anyway Alabama because "We are the Tide!"

"Kids crawl a mile through broken glass to wear that Crimson jersey."

Tyler Watts was going to win two Heismans and Brodie was the greatest quarterback ever signed within the state of Alabama. He was going to win one or two MNCs, etc.

Ct, we heard it all. All day long, 24-7, 365 for 3-4 years. probation wasnt going to affect bama in the least because "Bama has its standards. We are the Crimson Tide!"

So someone wearing Crimson tell us now, were you wrong then, or are you wrong now?

Really DW, you can't expect me to answer for the complete fallacy of some fans you might have talked too, but to believe that the probabation we recieved wasn't going to have an effect is ludacris. I'd rather have twice the number of players than a handful of overhyped highschoolars any day.

I'll translate that as Shane was on crack and then tell you that you agree with most of the football world and by far most of the SEC.

For those who wish to count 'em:

Depth charts (UAT only shows 2-deep):

UAT: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/resource....ssf?depth.html

AU: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/resources....ssf?depth.html

Complete rosters:

UAT: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/resource...ssf?roster.html

AU: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/resources...ssf?roster.html

Of course, this is only the B'ham News version of each and I don't know from what date. (Certainly I see Marc Guillon's name as kick holder and we know he's gone.)

I'm tired of hearing ANY excuse. uat fans act like their team is the only one to ever have to manage the effects of sanctions. Jeez, what a bunch of whiners: "We're young! The sanctions hurt! We have no depth!" They ought to get on their knees and thank God that the NCAA didn't slap them with a TV ban to go along with their scholarship reductions. Then they'd have something substantial to whine about: "We're broke. We've got no TV revenue!"

I have ZERO sympathy for the uat. The sanctions were harsh because they were DESERVED. Maybe the sanctions will have the desired effect. I kind of doubt it, though -- that bunch isn't known for being fast learners.

heard that, if and when they beat Auburn all of this stuff will have never happened in their minds. If they would replace arrogance with humility, they would learn the truth. In the meantime the joke of the SEC will continue to be laughed at. The cure for arrogance.. another beatdown sir!

uat is "young"? But, someone has already pointed out the FACT that AUBURN is a YOUNGER team that the west vance bunch. Hmmm.......

Okay, here's the deal. Young, experienced, not experienced, depth, no depth....forget all that crap.

Alabama has a stout defense that will keep them in most games they play. On offense, they have a good, young QB with a strong and accurate arm. They have two very good tailbacks, a fullback that's a 9th year junior, two very good receivers in Hall and Brown, experience across the line with an All-everything freshman road grader at tackle and a young, athletic tight end that has shown flashes of brilliance at times.

There is more than enough talent and experience on this team to be top 10 right now. The problem....

Coach Mike Effin Shula!

Tell me any coach worth his weight couldn't take this bunch and be at least 7-1 right now. Shula sucks. He's holding them back and I hope he stays forever!!!

Archived