Computer Purchase

chinook

Exactly...and CCTAU...have you heard about the overclocking of Intels core 2 processor. I have a friend that is the general manager at a local computer store here, and those core 2 processors run so cool, that he took a 2.1 core 2 and overclocked it to 3.6.... That is next on my buying list. New motherboard/CPU/memory combo. Of course this may lead to a new graphics card(PCIe) which will lead to a new power supply...LOL... well, you get the idea.. I love building my own...+ i have everything I need with a dual layer dvd burner w/lightscribe and a tv tuner card for DVD recording...Yes, that is specifically for Auburn football...Lol...

And what's more fun than creating something with your own bare hands? It beats having another kid....And a helluva lot cheaper too. :blink:

Are you looking for a desktop computer or a laptop?

I highly recommend a Mac. For a desktop, I'd look at an iMac. For the laptop, the MacBook. They are about to update the MacBook line with the Intel Core 2 Duo processors so they will have the latest and best processors for notebooks. And since the switch to Intel processors, Macs can run Windows if you need that security blanket in the transition.

You can get a MacBook from Amazon for $999 after a $100 rebate plus no tax and free shipping. An iMac similarly equipped would be about $100 less but the MacBook has a DVD/CD burner.

Plus, you don't have to worry about spyware/malware and viruses are virtually nonexistant. And Apple consistently tops the Consumer Reports charts for quality and customer service.

What he said.

Exactly...and CCTAU...have you heard about the overclocking of Intels core 2 processor. I have a friend that is the general manager at a local computer store here, and those core 2 processors run so cool, that he took a 2.1 core 2 and overclocked it to 3.6.... That is next on my buying list. New motherboard/CPU/memory combo. Of course this may lead to a new graphics card(PCIe) which will lead to a new power supply...LOL... well, you get the idea.. I love building my own...+ i have everything I need with a dual layer dvd burner w/lightscribe and a tv tuner card for DVD recording...Yes, that is specifically for Auburn football...Lol...

And what's more fun than creating something with your own bare hands? It beats having another kid....And a helluva lot cheaper too. :blink:

Yeah, my neighbor swears that rebuilding your own car is the greatest thing on earth too. I'd rather spend time using my stuff rather than spend time fixing-repairing-building-rebuilding all the time. Like I said, you two are the vast minority. Most folks just want their stuff to work without a lot of fuss.

Yeah, my neighbor swears that rebuilding your own car is the greatest thing on earth too. I'd rather spend time using my stuff rather than spend time fixing-repairing-building-rebuilding all the time. Like I said, you two are the vast minority. Most folks just want their stuff to work without a lot of fuss.

Don't be a hater! If you think a jumper is something that is suicidal, then you might own a MAC. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Don't be a hater! If you think a jumper is something that is suicidal, then you might own a MAC. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Oh, I know what it is...I just don't care to futz around with it. I mean, I know what an alternator, fuel injectors, oil gaskets and all sorts of other things on my car are too. If that means I'd rather drive something that's reliable, good looking and performs well instead of driving some bucket of bolts around I can play TinkerToys with every weekend, so be it.

Archived