iron bowl flu

MrMoJo

I haven't posted much this year but I've read alot on this board. I am a bit concerned about all the postings that seem to have the conviction that AU has already lost to Bammer. Let me remind you:

- Auburn has lost only two games...two games to teams that historically have great teams. AU has also beaten LSU and Florida. Last week we were ranked #5 and we are still in the top 15.

-Bammer has lost 5 games....all other wins were to teams that historically have pretty sorry history. Bammer is not ranked.

-When, in the last 6 years, has an SEC Champ completed a season undefeated? It is almost impossible to complete a season undefeated in the SEC anymore. The competition is too much.

-Auburn has kicked Bammers butt for the last 4 years.

- If you were 10 years old during the 1993 and became a fan, you have been given many great seasons (except for a few Bowden's) to follow and really don't know much more than sucess. If you became a fan in the 60's, you know the wild swings between victory and defeat and you greatly appreciate a win.

- In the 70's, every typical Auburn fan had the mindset that AU would lose to Bammer each year, and, they did.

- AU lost alot of people on defense and the o-line. I think they've done pretty good. I think alot of Auburn fans are spoiled and should we have a couple of mediocre teams in a row, you can watch all of them scurry around like cockroaches.

So please, don't try to mind f%$k me into "we have already lost to Bammer" crap, you ought to dress up into a 70's disco leisure suit and go to the game as a mindless AU fan from the past, you can believe all that bullsh*t you want but not be.

Oh ye of little faith, at 2:30 in Jordan-Hare West the sky will be blue and the sun will be orange. Scotty, prepare to beam up and insert the THUMB !

I believe the slight case of Doom and Gloom comes only from the fact that we don't seem to be able to adjust when things are going bad (save the UF game), and that we abandon the run WAY too soon. But I am very upbeat about the Bamar game...for two reasons. 1) If Brandon can't start, Blake will hand off...2) if Brandon starts, he will also hand the ball off, because he's too banged up in the legs to throw.

This gives us an EXCELLENT opportunity to beat Bamar.

:au::homer:

- Auburn has lost only two games...two games to teams that historically have great teams.

I think we'll beat Bama, but I did want to question one part of you quote. Arkansas historically has great teams? How far back does your history go?

If the UGA game would have ended like last years game, only with AU losing, we would feel pretty good going into this game. However, this team seems to lack the fire that it will take to win the Iron Bowl. I don't care what the team's records are going into this game, if you don't have emotion, you WILL get beat.

UA got beat by LSU, but they played their hearts out. The play calling was more inventive, and the defense looked pretty good in spots. AU went out and laid around and got their butts handed to them by an unranked 6-4 team and never looked competitive. That's the reason for the gloom and doom.

All that said, things are not as bad as they look. However, this coaching staff needs to start questioning the manhood of some of these guys (especially the seniors) and make them realize that UA ISN'T scared of them. If they go in with the right frame of mind, this game won't be close. If not, we are in trouble.

- Auburn has lost only two games...two games to teams that historically have great teams.

I think we'll beat Bama, but I did want to question one part of you quote. Arkansas historically has great teams? How far back does your history go?

:arky: 's had some good teams back in the day.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/record...&by=Win+Pct

If the UGA game would have ended like last years game, only with AU losing, we would feel pretty good going into this game. However, this team seems to lack the fire that it will take to win the Iron Bowl. I don't care what the team's records are going into this game, if you don't have emotion, you WILL get beat.

UA got beat by LSU, but they played their hearts out. The play calling was more inventive, and the defense looked pretty good in spots. AU went out and laid around and got their butts handed to them by an unranked 6-4 team and never looked competitive. That's the reason for the gloom and doom.

All that said, things are not as bad as they look. However, this coaching staff needs to start questioning the manhood of some of these guys (especially the seniors) and make them realize that UA ISN'T scared of them. If they go in with the right frame of mind, this game won't be close. If not, we are in trouble.

AMEN

I haven't posted much this year but I've read alot on this board. I am a bit concerned about all the postings that seem to have the conviction that AU has already lost to Bammer. Let me remind you:

- Auburn has lost only two games...two games to teams that historically have great teams. AU has also beaten LSU and Florida. Last week we were ranked #5 and we are still in the top 15.

-Bammer has lost 5 games....all other wins were to teams that historically have pretty sorry history. Bammer is not ranked.

-When, in the last 6 years, has an SEC Champ completed a season undefeated? It is almost impossible to complete a season undefeated in the SEC anymore. The competition is too much.

-Auburn has kicked Bammers butt for the last 4 years.

- If you were 10 years old during the 1993 and became a fan, you have been given many great seasons (except for a few Bowden's) to follow and really don't know much more than sucess. If you became a fan in the 60's, you know the wild swings between victory and defeat and you greatly appreciate a win.

- In the 70's, every typical Auburn fan had the mindset that AU would lose to Bammer each year, and, they did.

- AU lost alot of people on defense and the o-line. I think they've done pretty good. I think alot of Auburn fans are spoiled and should we have a couple of mediocre teams in a row, you can watch all of them scurry around like cockroaches.

So please, don't try to mind f%$k me into "we have already lost to Bammer" crap, you ought to dress up into a 70's disco leisure suit and go to the game as a mindless AU fan from the past, you can believe all that bullsh*t you want but not be.

Oh ye of little faith, at 2:30 in Jordan-Hare West the sky will be blue and the sun will be orange. Scotty,

prepare to beam up and insert the THUMB !

Great post Hal. Thanks for speaking out what your heart is saying. You should post more often.

I understand that, but the fact that Arkansas had the 10th best winning percentage between 1960 - 1985 is completely in all ways irrelevant to the fact that we got spanked by them this year.

On a side note, I feel Arkansas has gone on since they beat us this year to show they are a lot better than most of us thought at the time. Apparently they are legit this year. Beating SC and Tenn in back-to-back weeks says a lot to me, regardless of how they do against LSU.

I understand that, but the fact that Arkansas had the 10th best winning percentage between 1960 - 1985 is completely in all ways irrelevant to the fact that we got spanked by them this year.

On a side note, I feel Arkansas has gone on since they beat us this year to show they are a lot better than most of us thought at the time. Apparently they are legit this year. Beating SC and Tenn in back-to-back weeks says a lot to me, regardless of how they do against LSU.

And how do you (and others) think Georgia would fare against Vandy, Kentucky, et. al.,

if they could play again?

And how do you (and others) think Georgia would fare against Vandy, Kentucky, et. al.,

if they could play again?

I'd bet on UGA against Vandy or Kentucky every day of the week, regardless of the past or even if we'd put a hurting on UGA this past weekend instead of the other way around. However, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match, I'm just not sure where you were going.

I think UGA would lose to them again. Both had defenses that pressured a very talented but YOUNG QB and a not so talented senior QB. We put ZERO pressure on him. He was comfortable. And when a talented QB is comfortable, he usually beats you. I do not give UGA the kudos as much as I give us the blame.

Hal, I agree with your post. I am not a gloom and doomer. I do realize that we are in a position right now that isnt good. Bama has nothing to lose playing us. We beat them and it is no big deal.

We are in the midst of rebuilding the D and the kids are confused and lost in certain situations. We are on our third DC in three years.

On O we are very beat up. Cox is hurt bad and Kenny is too.

We just need a few breaks early and we cruise. If we dont get any push on JPW, we will be in for a long day at the office.

Hal, I agree with your post. I am not a gloom and doomer. I do realize that we are in a position right now that isnt good. Bama has nothing to lose playing us. We beat them and it is no big deal.

It's a Hell of a big deal to me.

I think we should all be worried about this game. I think that the UGA loss could have hurt the psyche of the team, but I'm sure they'll be pumped for this game. You know that Bama wants it just as much if not more, so we have to be mentally prepared for this game.

It's a Hell of a big deal to me.

RT, we already have beaten them 4 straight. In the greater scheme of things we are going into their home favored by 3.5. Most folks think we will win.

On the other hand they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They can throw trick play after trick play at us and who would care?

I know we want to win badly, but truth is most folks will pick us a strong favorite. CTT is 5-2 against bama.

CTT is 3-0 at BDS. We are 6-0 in Tuscaloosa historically. If we when again, it will not end their world. We lose it will give them a lot to crow about for 365 Long Days!

I think we should forfeit. We just don't have a chance at all. This way they couldn't say they beat us on the field, they could only say we chickened out.

To be real.. this team hasnt showed fire save for 6 quarters this season. I agree the fire better be there if we even hope to win. And I have been called every name in the book this season by the sunshine gang so here goes nothin.... We will lose this week. I do however want to play this game because some of my fellow fans need a "thumb" shoved in thier face. Now heres why. Some of you here act like we are "There" or are a contender every year now. Truth be told we dont even get the respect that a team should get after the great season of 04.. Why you ask because of games like this years Ark game and this past pathetic showing. Lose like that and you do nothing but give the voters and the nation of fans something to hang thier hat on to say look Auburn still sucks!!!!!!! We didnt get to the title game due to 03 period. everybody was waiting for us to have an Ark or ga game and get thrashed by a team everybody thought we were going to beat. And by the time they saw that we were for real the game was already set. This is why it is crazy for us to get comfortable with where we are. Yes we could end up with 2 losses and that is great. But that could also put us in a bowl with a team that could thrash us and justify us not being in the top 10 next year. we all know our tendancy for disasters in bowl games. I look at this season as a tough season due to us not getting better from last season. we took a BIG step back PERIOD! Prove me wrong with facts please dont just call me a Bammer and question my inteligence I graduated from Auburn just like most of you too. So with this being said i want the game to be played and dont think that Bama will crush us but I do think they are going to win (again dont give me this "well lets just forfiet crap" thats the lazy mans idea of an argument). I loved the grit we showed last season this season we just dont play with any fire and I have seen a tangible feeling of supremacy by our team. The only problem with that is you HAVE TO PROVE IT not just talk it. If we do get beat god help us all and this gets me back to my point with the whole thumb crap. What we get we will deserve never tell that fan base what your going to do because if you cant back it up they will choke you to death with it. I will give Bama this when they were good you had a feeling that they would win every game and if they for some reason didnt they always played you till the final buzzer.

GOD PLEASE LET US BEAT BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be real.. this team hasnt showed fire save for 6 quarters this season. I agree the fire better be there if we even hope to win. And I have been called every name in the book this season by the sunshine gang so here goes nothin.... We will lose this week. I do however want to play this game because some of my fellow fans need a "thumb" shoved in thier face. Now heres why. Some of you here act like we are "There" or are a contender every year now. Truth be told we dont even get the respect that a team should get after the great season of 04.. Why you ask because of games like this years Ark game and this past pathetic showing. Lose like that and you do nothing but give the voters and the nation of fans something to hang thier hat on to say look Auburn still sucks!!!!!!! We didnt get to the title game due to 03 period. everybody was waiting for us to have an Ark or ga game and get thrashed by a team everybody thought we were going to beat. And by the time they saw that we were for real the game was already set. This is why it is crazy for us to get comfortable with where we are. Yes we could end up with 2 losses and that is great. But that could also put us in a bowl with a team that could thrash us and justify us not being in the top 10 next year. we all know our tendancy for disasters in bowl games. I look at this season as a tough season due to us not getting better from last season. we took a BIG step back PERIOD! Prove me wrong with facts please dont just call me a Bammer and question my inteligence I graduated from Auburn just like most of you too. So with this being said i want the game to be played and dont think that Bama will crush us but I do think they are going to win (again dont give me this "well lets just forfiet crap" thats the lazy mans idea of an argument). I loved the grit we showed last season this season we just dont play with any fire and I have seen a tangible feeling of supremacy by our team. The only problem with that is you HAVE TO PROVE IT not just talk it. If we do get beat god help us all and this gets me back to my point with the whole thumb crap. What we get we will deserve never tell that fan base what your going to do because if you cant back it up they will choke you to death with it. I will give Bama this when they were good you had a feeling that they would win every game and if they for some reason didnt they always played you till the final buzzer.

GOD PLEASE LET US BEAT BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you must really be down. that's the fewest exclamation points i've ever seen out of you. sunshine pumping and not giving up are not equivalent, and we can and will beat alabama. conceding a game due to "lack of fire" 6 days before it gets played is absolute BS. you think georgia thought they were going to come in and spank us at home after getting handled by kentucky, for crying out loud? stand behind your football team.

also, speaking of sunshine, try and get a little of it tomorrow. it'll do wonders for your attitude.

Archived