Cox quote

rolltoomer

I know that there is a "Cox Questionable?" thread, but rather than wade through 3 pages of amateur coaching, here is a quote of his from Monday: "I'm in better shape than I was last week at this time."

Links?

Also, why would that scare anybody? He has been playing hurt all year and except for the UG game, his injuries did not have an affect on him throwing INTs. So, if he was in better shape then he was for the UG game, then it sounds like ot me he is back to his pre-INT self.

Everybody wants to focus on Cox and what happened to UG and I am getting sick of it. I am more worried about our OL not doing their job once again to protect Cox better so he does not feel pressured to force and passes. Our OL also needs to step up and get our running game established. Our OL is our biggest offensive problem, not Cox. In other words, there is not single player on that offense that can be singled out as a concern. The whole offense is a concern, including the OC and his playcalling.

I know that there is a "Cox Questionable?" thread, but rather than wade through 3 pages of amateur coaching , here is a quote of his from Monday: "I'm in better shape than I was last week at this time."

LOL a reply to the thread starting post of ^^^^.....with:

"Also, why would that scare anybody? He has been playing hurt all year and except for the UG game, his injuries did not have an affect on him throwing INTs. So, if he was in better shape then he was for the UG game, then it sounds like ot me he is back to his pre-INT self.

Everybody wants to focus on Cox and what happened to UG and I am getting sick of it. I am more worried about our OL not doing their job once again to protect Cox better so he does not feel pressured to force and passes. Our OL also needs to step up and get our running game established. Our OL is our biggest offensive problem, not Cox. In other words, there is not single player on that offense that can be singled out as a concern. The whole offense is a concern, including the OC and his playcalling."

Irony? I think so

Well.. not trying to be a downer, but I am just going to state the obvious (to some) and the facts. Brandon Cox had a bad day. He was throwing into double to triple coverage. He was making throws that he usually doesn't attempt. Of course, I blame the whole team. It was a team effort.. The punting was bad. The defense allowed 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion. Just trying to say that Cox getting sacked on the first play might not have hendered his throwing ability, I am sure it affected his mindset for the rest of the game. Knowing that your gonna get sacked every 4 passing attempts (or so it seems) is not the best mindset for a QB.

I hope to see a rejuvenated team this weekend... as we cream the Tide.

Archived