Early Iowa Polls are out.

DKW 86

http://www.kcci.com/politics/10585392/detail.html

The poll consisted of telephone interviews of 600 likely Iowa voters and has a margin of error of no more than plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Caucus Outlook

The poll asked Iowa Democrats which candidates they would vote for if the 2008 Democratic caucus were held today.

The top three candidates were Sen. John Edwards at 22 percent, Democratic U.S. Sen. Barrack Obama at 22 percent and Vilsack at 12 percent. U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton of New York came in fourth at 10 percent.

KCCI political analyst Dennis Goldford said that Edwards left himself well-positioned from the caucuses.

"Barrack Obama is the rock star of the moment. What's interesting is Vilsack is ahead of Hillary Clinton in Iowa," he said.

If the 2008 Republican Caucus were held today, Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain would be the top vote-getter, with 27 percent of Iowa Republicans polled saying they would pick him. Republican Rudy Guiliani was second with 26 percent, and Republican Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was third with only 9 percent of votes overall.

I'd much rather see Obama be the Dem nominee than Clinton. I don't dislike her, I'm just not that big of a fan.

McCain and Giuliani are pretty solid, too. I think the next Prez, whomever he/she may be will be lightyears better than the current one.

I hope Obama does run. I read his book. What a bag of fluff! No vision. No ideas. Just a feel good liberal fest. If it takes Hillary a village to raise a child what does Obama need to run a country? The Rep. will win in a landslide also thanks to Pelosi.

Archived