Is everyone Asleep Today?

AUesquire

I started a thread in ATC this morning. WarTim has been the only one to comment so far.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33226

I knew he was in poor health but I didn't know how bad. At 93, I guess any type of medical problem is magnified in comparison.

Other than succeeding Nixon after the Watergate mess, I'm trying to remember what he did as President. I thought he was an OK guy and remember voting for him in the '76 election. Other than that, the only thing I can think of his presidency was the trips & falls he took and Chevy Chase mocking him on SNL back then -- the skit where he stapled his thumb to his head still cracks me up!

RIP President Ford.

I’ve seen and heard several commentaries on Gerald Ford since his passing and can’t help but notice the similarities between his tenure as President and Mike Shula’s coaching tenure. He took over the country during a tough time following Water Gate and Nixon’s resignation. Mike Shula took over the UAT HC position following the bolting of Fran and the Price fiasco. Both seemingly had the people rallying around them at some point of their tenure. From what I understand Fords undoing was his pardoning of Nixon and a comment he made about the USSR. Shula’s was his monumental loss to Miss. St. and his inability to beat Auburn. Both seemed to get the boot before they could really get anything started.

Not sure what needs to be said. He lived longer than any President, though he wasn't elected to office. I have very little to comment on, other than I think he did well by pardoning Nixon. It would be inappropriate to compare him and his passing to that of Reagan's. But since that's the most recent state funeral we've seen, many will try.

RIP, Gerry.

Gerald Ford was a real conservative. He made SNL funnier and he was a criminal just like the rest of the GOP presidents.

I suggest that every post by BF be tagged w/ a special ' troll ' advisory. That, or simply move all his crap to a special troll forum. It's become beyond tedious.

Troll. Def : a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. see - Bottomfeeder

Cave_troll-732446.jpg

Gerald Ford was a real conservative. He made SNL funnier and he was a criminal just like the rest of the GOP presidents.

I suggest that every post by BF be tagged w/ a special ' troll ' advisory. That, or simply move all his crap to a special troll forum. It's become beyond tedious.

Troll. Def : a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. see - Bottomfeeder

Cave_troll-732446.jpg

Why don't you simply ignore him. There's a button for that and it works.

Cave_troll-732446.jpg

Why don't you simply ignore him. There's a button for that and it works.

A very good suggestion, but i've tried that already. Problem is, not everyone ignores him, and in fact several insist on quoting his remarks in their reply, making my 'ignore' option null and void. I guess the only remaining alternative is to ignore him the old fashioned way.

Archived