What $aban has to look forward to

NoOneAUFan

http://www.rolltide.com/SportSelect.dbml?&...p;Q_SEASON=2007

2007 Tide Schedule

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn.

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas*

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia*

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla.

Sat, Oct 06 Houston

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss.

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee*

Sat, Nov 03 LSU*

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at Starkville, Miss.

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala.

Nick better take advantage of home games next year (2008 looks to be a killer for away games)

2007 Tide Schedule

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn.

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas*

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia*

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla.

Sat, Oct 06 Houston

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss.

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee*

Sat, Nov 03 LSU*

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at Starkville, Miss.

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala.

Nick better take advantage of home games next year (2008 looks to be a killer for away games)

9 wins will be easy. 10 would make him their next Bahr. Hopefully he outlaws the houndstrash and tells them to wake up.

2007 Tide Schedule

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina W

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn. W

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas* L

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia* L

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. L

Sat, Oct 06 Houston W

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss. W

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee* L

Sat, Nov 03 LSU* L

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at Starkville, Miss. W

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe W

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala. L

Looks like a another 6-6 season to me!

But I do see that uat has moved a breather into the week prior to the IB. We need to be doing the same.

We have...or rather the SEC has. The conference now requires all teams to play a regular game the week before the SECCG. CTT used to keep the week after Bama open, but the Iron Bowl is now a week later and the open date comes just before it.

Of Arkansas, Georgia, FSU, Tennessee, LSU and AU, I'd be surprized if Bama wins more than 3-4 of those regardless of location. They ought to win the others, though, so I'd guess 9-3 or 8-4 regular season, tops.

[About the same that I'm thinking for us right now, given our road schedule and O-Line graduations, but I think 8-9 wins is low-balling it for us, while it's the best to be expected for them.]

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina W

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn. W

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas* L

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia* L

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. W

Sat, Oct 06 Houston W

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss. W

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee* W

Sat, Nov 03 LSU* L

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at Starkville, Miss. W

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe W

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala. L

8-4 sound about right too me.

Maybe they upset UGA for 9 wins and maybe they get upset by another team.

$aban's D will take 2 years to fully implement...maybe a 3rd for his time to get his own players ready

$aban's D will take 2 years to fully implement...maybe a 3rd for his time to get his own players ready

IF he hasn't moved on to the next greener pasture before then!

He will be at Alabama for a long time. Write that down.

it's written. i'm not so sure it's true since he is the biggest mercenary in the history of a shady profession, but i wrote it.

regardless of if he stays or not, i'd be surprised to see next year's bama squad post anything north of 8-4. they could have $aban, pete carroll, or bill belichek on the sidelines for all i care... that roster is going to be significantly outgunned in AT LEAST 5 games next year. possibly 6. the good news for bama is that you'll never find an easier road slate in the history of the conference play. they'll go 3-1 there based purely on coaching and attitude.

if fsu finds an offensive coach between now and then, bama will take it on the chin there. if not, it'll be a ballgame b/c $aban's got a long way to go to find offensive balance or defensive experience on his own roster.

if i had to call it now, i'd guess they lose to auburn and lsu and uga, split arkansas and tennessee, and win a tight one in jacksonville. if i was really guessing, i'd vote for a win over arkansas leaving them supremely overrated heading into the game against ut, and just like in 2005, they'll lose to the good teams they play down the stretch. if bama went 8-4, they owe $aban a thank you for pulling out at least one game where they had to win with inferior talent.

i don't know if he'll read this, but runwithscissors, a lot of folks questioning whether auburn would win were not me. i said this after the game this year, and i meant it. the rivalry had gotten to the point where all auburn had to do was bring its B game (or the A game for one quarter) and it could coast to victory. not once in the last three years has auburn played well, and only in the first quarter of 2004 did it ever really feel like we MIGHT lose. most of that was due to the gap in pure talent on the field in addition to the gap in coaching on the sidelines.

for proof, i pointed out the fact that i don't think 5 bama players could've pulled starting jobs in auburn this year. 5. on either side of the ball. dj hall and keith brown are two. prince hall is three. i came up with nothing after that. that's not going to change in one season, and that's why next year is going to be hard $aban or no $aban.

Last night, Lou Holtz said $atan would easily win 8 games next year at the crapstone!

Yes, that's the same Lou Holtz who, last night, predicted ND would "win big" over LSU.

Last night, Lou Holtz said $atan would easily win 8 games next year at the crapstone!

Yes, that's the same Lou Holtz who, last night, predicted ND would "win big" over LSU.

Sylvester also said that "to win eight games at Alabama one needed to only take the footballs out of the bag". I wish Granny would go away he is an embarassment to the SEC and college football in general.

He will be at Alabama for a long time. Write that down.

If $aban is the HC at Alabama in 2012...I would be shocked

Mark my words, $aban wins no more than 8 games... if he's smart. He needs to lower the bammars' expectations a bit if he wants to stick around for any length of time. The next year, he still won't win 10. If he's smart at all, he'll wait until his third season until he wins 10 and even then, only if he's sure he can win the SEC within 2 years from then.

Let the Bama HATE skyrocket!!!!

This is gonna be fun :)

ya know, i am thoroughly enjoying the newfound "your enemy is our enemy" situation down in baton rouge. i think i'm going to really enjoy watching lsu put the d on bama. geaux tigers! (until auburn visits baton rouge at which time i have NO doubt that the normal amount of hate will be spewed from the purple and gold)

I think I'll go. I'm working over there anyway. The guys at work have the redass about Bama getting their head coach. I said, "wait a minute, I hate Bama more than you do."

Archived