Commentary on Nick Saban

EllisHugh

The whole thing is a must read

http://www.chaddscott.com/commentary/

Here is an excerpt:

"He is a liar and a coward and a quitter and maybe by being all of those things, that will put him in good standing with Alabama fans because I lived in Alabama for 10 years and I've never met a bigger group of narrow-minded, ignorant, boastful, obnoxious jerks in my life.

I'm painting with a broad brush here and I have every intention to. I've met dozens of Bama fans and alumni and the honest, decent, moral, trustworthy ones I could probably count on one hand.

Ask yourself this, after all his vehement public denials, how did Alabama Athletic Director Mal Moore and the Tide cronies know Satan could still be lured to the Capstone?

They knew because it takes one to know one. It takes a liar to know when another liar is lying and from the generally low level of dignity that Alabama fans have, they must have been able to see in Satan one of their own. A guy who'd turn his back on people he'd made a commitment to, a guy whose word meant nothing."

he only said a few true things:

"I believe still that Nick Saban is the best coach in football. College, pro, high school, wherever, all things being equal, I think Saban is the top guy in the business, so clearly Alabama fans should be on cloud nine. For the rest of the SEC, this is the Doomsday scenario. To a conference of Tuberville, Spurrier, Meyer, Fulmer, Richt, Miles and Nutt, Saban is added. The SEC gets tougher and tougher and more and more difficult to win every single year. The quality of coaches in this conference goes to show how committed these schools are to excellence on the field.

If you want to know how good a coach is, don't listen to the fans of the team he's going to, listen to the fans of the teams he'll play against. Auburn fans wanted Mike Shula to coach another 10 years in Tuscaloosa. Florida State fans wanted Ron Zook to retire a Gator. Your opponents will tell you how good your coach is because they will beg you to keep the wrong guy and unmercifully attack someone that regularly beats them down.

At the news of Saban going to Alabama, Auburn fans and Tennessee fans and LSU fans and Arkansas fans were crestfallen, and they should be, because they know there is no longer a clown in charge of the Tide's football program and these five in a row or nine out of ten winning streaks that have been racked up over Alabama are now a thing of the past.

Nick Saban, like Urban Meyer, like Pete Carroll, like Jim Tressel, he not only makes the fans of the team he coaches feel better, he makes the fans of the teams he coaches against feel worse."

Interesting article. Is this the guy that goes by "The Compass" on Herd's show?

I would expect nothing less from you butt plug. Keep the raves and discount the whines.

I lived in Alabama for 10 years and I've never met a bigger group of narrow-minded, ignorant, boastful, obnoxious jerks in my life.

Thanks, Ellis. The dude speaks the truth.

Good for them, we don't care. All the money he is getting, will make it that much worse for the turds, when we continue beating them.

One thing that he said really irks me:

"At the news of Saban going to Alabama, Auburn fans and Tennessee fans and LSU fans and Arkansas fans were crestfallen, and they should be, because they know there is no longer a clown in charge of the Tide's football program and these five in a row or nine out of ten winning streaks that have been racked up over Alabama are now a thing of the past."

Bull!

Now that $aban is coaching the bummers should we even play football next season? Maybe we should dispense with the formalities and crown UAT with it's 53rd National Championship... :rolleyes:

Now that $aban is coaching the bummers should we even play football next season? Maybe we should dispense with the formalities and crown UAT with it's 53rd National Championship... :rolleyes:

That's 54 Raven! :lol:

Homer on attending his HS reunion:

Homer: "It'll be great to see the old gang again. Potsie, Ralph Malph, the Fonz."

Marge: "That wasn't you, that was 'Happy Days'!"

Homer: "No, they weren't all happy days. Like the time Pinky Tuscadero crashed her motorcycle, or the night I lost all my money to those card sharks and my dad Tom Bosley had to get it back."

I run a website with 2800+ AU fans. I have not seen ONE that was "Crestfallen," not a single one.

I wonder what the Tide fans will say when Slick Nick pulls his inevitable Franchione on them?

I wonder what the Tide fans will say when Slick Nick pulls his inevitable Franchione on them?

"They didn't really want him."

"They didn't really want him."

Thank you! That is exactly what they will say...I am sssooo stupid at times. :roflol:

I run a website with 2800+ AU fans. I have not seen ONE that was "Crestfallen," not a single one.

Power I?

Hell, he was a contra the day he was born. Besides, how do we know he isnt a troll?

Funny thing about this article...the guy is an AUBURN GRADUATE!

Think he may be a little biased?

He's also covering his ass. He was on JOX a couple of weeks before the saban hiring being the most condescending prick I've heard on the radio in quite some time.

He said...flat out...the only people who are dumb enough to think Alabama could actually land saban, are stupid alabama fans themselves.

The guy was being a total homer and a total ass. This article is no different.

Funny thing about this article...the guy is an AUBURN GRADUATE!

Think he may be a little biased?

He's also covering his ass. He was on JOX a couple of weeks before the saban hiring being the most condescending prick I've heard on the radio in quite some time.

He said...flat out...the only people who are dumb enough to think Alabama could actually land saban, are stupid alabama fans themselves.

The guy was being a total homer and a total ass. This article is no different.

So am I. Everybody that listens to Cowherd knows this. Cowherd rips him and us relentlessly about it. It is all in good fun to me. When did bama folks get so thin skinned?

Wait, is this the guy that got the death threats and whatnot?

Well, is he really surprised that people sent him nasty emails with those comments?

I mean....if a Tech fan wrote that about UGA fans...I would send him something as well.

he only said a few true things:

"I believe still that Nick Saban is the best coach in football. College, pro, high school, wherever, all things being equal, I think Saban is the top guy in the business, so clearly Alabama fans should be on cloud nine. For the rest of the SEC, this is the Doomsday scenario. To a conference of Tuberville, Spurrier, Meyer, Fulmer, Richt, Miles and Nutt, Saban is added. The SEC gets tougher and tougher and more and more difficult to win every single year. The quality of coaches in this conference goes to show how committed these schools are to excellence on the field.

If you want to know how good a coach is, don't listen to the fans of the team he's going to, listen to the fans of the teams he'll play against. Auburn fans wanted Mike Shula to coach another 10 years in Tuscaloosa. Florida State fans wanted Ron Zook to retire a Gator. Your opponents will tell you how good your coach is because they will beg you to keep the wrong guy and unmercifully attack someone that regularly beats them down.

At the news of Saban going to Alabama, Auburn fans and Tennessee fans and LSU fans and Arkansas fans were crestfallen, and they should be, because they know there is no longer a clown in charge of the Tide's football program and these five in a row or nine out of ten winning streaks that have been racked up over Alabama are now a thing of the past.

Nick Saban, like Urban Meyer, like Pete Carroll, like Jim Tressel, he not only makes the fans of the team he coaches feel better, he makes the fans of the teams he coaches against feel worse."

While slick has won an MNC and SECC, he's still never had an undefeated season...so I beg to differ. JMHO, but he's just one of about 5 very, very good SEC coaches.

:au::homer:

Crestfallen...LOL!!! Priceless!!!

:au::homer:

Well, is he really surprised that people sent him nasty emails with those comments?

I mean....if a Tech fan wrote that about UGA fans...I would send him something as well.

You may write him something and you may rip him a new one. But death threats???

I mean, these folks were saying they hoped his wife and children died. There is NO justification for that. NONE!!!

You may write him something and you may rip him a new one. But death threats???

I mean, these folks were saying they hoped his wife and children died. There is NO justification for that. NONE!!!

Slink, the death threats and wishes were over the top. I dont have to cuss to be heard.

I wouldn't wish Death upon the guy but I sure as hell would insult as worse if not more than what he had said about me (assuming that was what he wrote to UGA fans)

Archived