Chadd Scott: Target of Bama Class

DKW 86

http://chaddscott.com/

WARNING! I did not clean up this article because it needs to be seen as is.

SCOTT on:

Bammers.

It always surprises me when something I say or write is considered “controversial.” All I ever do is observe life and comment on it; everything I say seems perfectly obvious to me.

A number of University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa fans thought my opinion of Nick Saban was “controversial,” or “unfair.” If you haven’t yet, you can read my thoughts on Saban by clicking on the “commentary” link on the left hand side of this page.

While I took hundreds of e-mails from Bammers on this piece, none of them could offer any sort of defense for their new head coach, the best they came up with was an attempt at moral equivalency between their lying coach and other coaches who have left jobs.

Apparently, however, it was my characterization of the majority of UAT fans I’ve met as “narrow-minded, ignorant, boastful, obnoxious jerks” that generated the greatest venom.

I don’t back down from those comments.

UAT fans have less understanding about the workings of college football outside their state than any other fan base in America. Proof of this is their insistence that Alabama is still a Top-10 program in college football nationally despite every reasonable and respected analyst of the sport laughing at this notion. This also proves Bama fans’ ignorance.

On the charge of boastful, how about UAT’s claim to 12 national championships in football. Or is it 13 now? Many of Bama’s so called titles were awarded by organizations of highly dubious credibility and if the University were capable of the emotion of shame, that number 12 would be knocked down about by half. Bama’s title tally makes an Enron accountant blush. :thumbsup:

As far as “obnoxious” and “jerks,” here’s a sampling of the e-mail I’ve received in the past few days from the Bama crowd, you judge for yourself if I was wrong.

********WARNING*********

Adult content follows

Editing on the following e-mails to backtalk@chaddscott.com has been made in an attempt to keep profanity off the site. I have not changed spellings, case sensitivity or punctuation when possible. I have added a “$” sign where necessary to soften the language. Included in the e-mail are some references to my coworker at ESPN, Colin Cowherd, host of the “Herd.”

Roll Tide and f$ck off, Chap

Steve skeller00@mchsi.com

Roll Tide prick! Too bad you and Cowherd are two p$ssies who can't keep up with life in the SEC

Matt Stojkovic matt.stojkovic@gmail.com

The people of Alabama hope you die a long and horrible death. You are a jerk. Guess what, you better pray you dont run into any Alabama fans anytime soon you f$ggot. I hope you die.

Steven Eversole seversole@gmail.com

You have an extreme homosexual attraction to Coach Saban. How many little northern d$cks do you and cowterd have to suck every day to keep your jobs? So, you are the ignorant m$thrf$ckr that is responsible for cowterd spreading his arrogant and putrid manure all over sports radio. F$CKYOU, F$CKYOU VERY MUCH. and f$ckESPN for pimping your brand of ignorance and arrogance on the public.

Calbuck fush buckufush@yahoo.com

I wouldn't care if he committed mass murder as long as he brings us back to where we belong.

Stephen Wedgeworth stefffan2004@comcast.net

your a piece of sh$t!! you stupid f$ck! its sh$t heads like you that were glad your not an alabama fan we dont want you!! ROLL TIDE! AND F$CK YOU!

Wbridges07@aol.com

You need an ass whipping from somebody. I hope to see you at a WJOX remote again very soon. You punk ass bitch.

rockettide125@charter.net

your a douche!

mjbailey72@bellsouth.net

You f$ck. If your impotent ass even has a wife, I hope she dies. I hope your children die. We hate you m$therf$cker! Die you idiotic f$ck!!!!!!! You have no f$cking clue what you speak of you m$therf$cker!!!!!!!

tom gilmore hollywood121676@yahoo.com

did a bird sh$t you on a fence post and the sun hatched you, is that how you got in this world, are the better half ran down your mothers leg when your father blew it? Your slick dude, like snott on a door-knob. You and that misserable f$ck Collin Cowhert, I bet you 2 blow each other all the time. Why dont you come back to Alabama so we can cutt your nutts off. I normally dont waste my time on f$cks like you but this is worth it.I wouldnt give you the sweat off my balls if you were dying of thirst cock-roach. F$ck you and the boat you floated in on.................

Ronnie Monroe aqua1973lung@yahoo.com

F$ck off Chadd Scott

joshuaearl@aim.com

you dumb asses cant get over this sh$t i hope our paths never cross i slap the hell out of your yankee ass please never come to BAMA ROLL TIDE and go straight to hell

LeeAnn McKinney leeannm@gmail.com

You are a c$ck suckin mother f$cker.

Scott Marshall gadget3057@yahoo.com

you are a chicken sh$t assh$le yourself. I would love you to say some of this stuff down here in T-town. Your sorry ass probably wouldn't last that long. But then again, your coward ass would probably never do it.

Chris Wade chico21477@yahoo.com

if you come to Mobile, Al. and let me know your there I will meet you and I promise you I will DIE trying to whip your tail.

Rick Cauley rick044@comcast.net

F$ck you!

Brett Adams batmanadams@yahoo.com

Grow up you crybaby p$ssified pansy.

DeVine, Jason Jason.DeVine@healthsouth.com

I think that just about sums it up when it comes to UAT fans.

Unfortunately that does about say it all. This is sssooo typical of the Bama fanbase. I like the idea that he included their business email accts and published them. Maybe their bosses can talk some sense into them.

Unfortunately that does about say it all. This is sssooo typical of the Bama fanbase. I like the idea that he included their business email accts and published them. Maybe their bosses can talk some sense into them.

This guy is writing a piece calling us UAT and "bammers" and he wants to talk about class and respect? No way. This guy is a giant toolbag. He uses his association with the Herd to slam Bama at every turn. And he wants us to just agree with him.

I think it is HIGHLY unethical to use your show, or its popularity, to unfairly bash your RIVAL school. The guy is supposed to be a 'journalist' by proxy. And wants to be considered as such. Yet he doesn't throw out the little caveat that he's a freaking Auburn graduate.

And he wants to post these PRIVATE emails that people send. Sure some were out of line. But he can't put those out there without showing how EVERY school has fans that do the same exact thing. Hell I've gotten private messages on this board that resemble some of those emails.

But no, he turns it into the most one sided exposure he possibly can. And he is being a total ass about it. He's a rival fan, from a rival school, and he's USING that to smear Alabama. And I think its a total d$)@ move.

post script...

Who's to say these were real emails? Who's to say these weren't emails sent in by AU fans to make us look bad? Kind of like the jack ass AU fans who call into radio shows pretending to be Alabama fans. (I know people PERSONALLY who do this).

While he's out smearing Alabama, why is no one keeping him in check as an AUBURN graduate?

He uses his association with the Herd to slam Bama at every turn. And he wants us to just agree with him.

And we do :cheer:

BG, reading your whole post I get concerned about you. You are throwing so many rocks in glass houses that I fear you will seriously cut yourself.

This guy is writing a piece calling us UAT and "bammers" and he wants to talk about class and respect? No way. This guy is a giant toolbag. He uses his association with the Herd to slam Bama at every turn. And he wants us to just agree with him.

I think it is HIGHLY unethical to use your show, or its popularity, to unfairly bash your RIVAL school. The guy is supposed to be a 'journalist' by proxy. And wants to be considered as such. Yet he doesn't throw out the little caveat that he's a freaking Auburn graduate.

And he wants to post these PRIVATE emails that people send. Sure some were out of line. But he can't put those out there without showing how EVERY school has fans that do the same exact thing. Hell I've gotten private messages on this board that resemble some of those emails.

But no, he turns it into the most one sided exposure he possibly can. And he is being a total ass about it. He's a rival fan, from a rival school, and he's USING that to smear Alabama. And I think its a total d$)@ move.

post script...

Who's to say these were real emails? Who's to say these weren't emails sent in by AU fans to make us look bad? Kind of like the jack ass AU fans who call into radio shows pretending to be Alabama fans. (I know people PERSONALLY who do this).

While he's out smearing Alabama, why is no one keeping him in check as an AUBURN graduate?

BG, everyone that has ever listened to that show knows he is an AU grad. Cowherd rips us daily about it. Grow a pair. Just because someone disagrees with you is no reason to cuss them. Sometimes I wonder just how Alabama fans got such thin skin. They definitely seem to be able to dish it out but not be able to take it back, present company excluded.

You really dont want to compare notes with me man. The emails and pms I got from some of our "linked" sites would scare you.

BTW, the Healthsouth email server has crashed. I wonder why... :roflol:

The mchsi.com server is still working nicely however. B)

You really dont want to compare notes with me man. The emails and pms I got from some of our "linked" sites would scare you.

Not really...they've sent me similar ones I'm sure.

Couldn't the same thing be said for the UAT educated hitmen "journalists" employed by the NYT?

BTW, the Healthsouth email server has crashed. I wonder why... :roflol:

The mchsi.com server is still working nicely however. B)

mchsi.com does not necessarily denote a business address. That is my home email address ending. If you have mediacom for your internet provider you get that for your address.

post script...

Proving every day that you're one of them.

Seriously, blaming this on rogue Auburn fans pretending to be bammers to make them look bad? That is the biggest joke I've ever heard. I'm certain no one sending those e-mails inteded for them to be posted on his page, so what would be the motive for an Auburn fan to pose as a bammer.

And who do you know PERSONALLY that calls into radio shows posing as bammers? I've heard the moron hosts claim such things before simply because someone says they're an Alabama and they don't pump completely unfounded sunshine.

So which one of those e-mail addresses were yours?

Since when is a producer for a radio talk show a "Journalist"? For that matter, since when is a radio talk show guy a "Journalist"???? That would be giving equivalent status to Al Franken and Michael Savage! Just because they host a radio show does NOT make them a journalist. In fact, the point of talk radio, to me, is to raise an issue, take a side, and then invite people to either agree or disagree. The more extreme the side you take, the more likely to generate ratings. No journalism there...

I wouldn't care if he committed mass murder as long as he brings us back to where we belong.

Stephen Wedgeworth stefffan2004@comcast.net

This one proves there is at least one real Bama fan in there. This is exactly the mindset of most bammers right now.

"where we belong " :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: You belong in Oxford, MS.

Even though he's specifically a graduate of the University of Tennessee, isn't this a good description of Paul Slimeball?

My biggest problem is not with the cussing, although that does seem excessive and unecessary.

I abhor the threats of violence, however! There is ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING anyone could ever SAY that would make me resort to violence. Violence is NEVER an acceptable response to the spoken word. What is the difference between assaulting a person because they called you, your school, or your coach a "liar...quitter...jerk...coward...etc", or assaulting someone because they published a cartoon of your Prophet? Should we go back to the days of the personal duel, and fight to the death whenever someone's words or expressions offend us? How can we as a species hope to outgrow war if we can't let go of the emotion that: "Well, I hit him because he called me (my country, my team, my wife, my dog, etc..) a _________ ?"

Regrading to other posts:

Jenny:

You're absolutlely right about talk radio (& TV) not expected to be objective. No one listens to Franken, Rush Limbough, Howard Stern, Oprah, Finebaum, etc. for objective news--they're there for entertainment.

BamaGrad:

You make a point about him posting "private messages". In what way were any of these private? Why would anyone with any brains expect an e-mail sent to a nationally syndicated radio personality/columnist to be PRIVATE? I suppose he publishes his address and invites e-mail on his website only for his personal private gratification? That's like saying if I call into Finebaum's show, I should be offended that he puts my voice on the air! ["But Paul, I wanted a PRIVATE conversation..."]

Funny that this should irritate Bama fans when they raise unholy hell that Reece Davis does not take up for them at every opportunity. When they leap up and cheer Joe Scarborough's uninformed rants.

They've got plenty of voices honking their bobos.

post script...

You are seriously posing this! After all of the years since the mid 60's that I've been reading the Bamarham News???!!! You gotta be kidding! :puke:

:au::homer:

too funny.

i guess i find it puzzling that the bammers do not realize that the entire south has been making fun of them for the last 4 or 5 years.

the venom spit at compass is great. as if the WORLD needs another example of the class that fanbase posseses.

just too funny.

post script...

You're just pissed because you know he is dead on about bammers and is speaking the truth.

Why else would you spend so much time on rival boards? You can't stand your average fellow fan and you know it. Why? Because far too many are exactly like the bammers scott speaks of.

The truth hurts. Keep whining. We love it.

About Chad Scott: While he's out smearing Alabama, why is no one keeping him in check as an AUBURN graduate?

Maybe BG, you should flip this question around and ask yourself or other bama fans about the statements made by Joe Scarborough on Finebaum, hmmm.

post script...

You are seriously posing this! After all of the years since the mid 60's that I've been reading the Bamarham News???!!! You gotta be kidding! :puke:

:au::homer:

Look, when you are the 2nd biggest school in the state and you repeatedly refer to yourself as "The University" then you are setting yourself up for it. People call you UAT because we don't know which school in the alabama system you might be referring to. I just wonder how many of those emails he recieved were from people with degrees from "the university."

Highly unethical??? How about using your power to keep coaches from going to schools in the same system because it might give them a better program than your own. Those that live in a glass house.....

Funny that this should irritate Bama fans when they raise unholy hell that Reece Davis does not take up for them at every opportunity. When they leap up and cheer Joe Scarborough's uninformed rants.

They've got plenty of voices honking their bobos.

I gotta admit that Davis lately and his UA bias is really, really, really annoying.

Not because he badmouths UGA at all but because he makes it so freakin obvious that he is in love with Alabama.

You guys are insane. Reece hardly EVER says anything about Alabama. As a matter of fact, most bama fans are pretty upset with him because he rarely represents.

Link I dont know what you are talking about. I watch sportscenter all the time and I cant remember the last time I heard a Reece Davis 'bias'. I honestly cant.

He's not even CLOSE to guys like Holtz, May, Herbie, etc. Those guys have obvious bias.

Hell I hear more people talking about Bama TO Reece than I ever hear him mentioning it.

And to compare Davis to this assclowns article is a joke. Reece doesnt slam AU. And has never written or said anything CLOSE to this.

You guys are insane. Reece hardly EVER says anything about Alabama. As a matter of fact, most bama fans are pretty upset with him because he rarely represents.

Link I dont know what you are talking about. I watch sportscenter all the time and I cant remember the last time I heard a Reece Davis 'bias'. I honestly cant.

He's not even CLOSE to guys like Holtz, May, Herbie, etc. Those guys have obvious bias.

Hell I hear more people talking about Bama TO Reece than I ever hear him mentioning it.

And to compare Davis to this assclowns article is a joke. Reece doesnt slam AU. And has never written or said anything CLOSE to this.

BG, defend Scarborough then. "We (as in the bama fanbase) expect 3 MNCs in the next five years. It is our birthright."

Archived