Dick Vitale rant on Saban's Lying

DKW 86

I resent your assertion that my city councilman is a liar.

Oh well.

Word is the wife told him to cut the grass, but he got his son to do it and told her otherwise.

*gasp!*

That's been dished out for nearly a decade, over one comment made passively.

Really! In other timely news:

Richard Nixon swears he's not a crook. And Bill Clinton assures the nation: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"

For people calling Vitale impartial...ever seen him during a Duke game or talking about Duke?

Impartial?

Um....no

And I am not a Duke hater at all...I like them and I like UNC

Dick Vitale? C'mon guys... this is the same guys that holds Bobby Knight to be a classy individual. He just hates it because the southeast/Alabama got a big name.

I hope his sorry arse never steps foot on our campus again. And that's probably what's best for him, too.

And why would that be what's best for him? Someone gonna throw bricks at him? You bammers are beyond pathetic.

I realize that it is beyond hope for you doofuses to realize what every non-bammer already does, he has lied a blue streak recently and until the day he acknowledges that he did put out feelers or had them put out for him he will be lieing.

Fortunately for him all he has to do is win over a bunch of ignorant bammers who would sell their mothers and their first born for a decent football team.

Yeah, we're gonna throw bricks at him. Um, no...

Okay, SABAN LIED! FRANCHIONE LIED! TUBERVILLE LIED! Oh wait, Tuberville didn't lie as it was a "friendly joke to an Oxford reporter." However you see it, the truth is that we both have LIARS have running our football programs and I think you'll find very few people in crimson and in orange that are unhappy with our respective coaches.

Let's (as in Alabama fans, the only ones that should be truly concerned) just move on. Geez.

One more thing, you don't have to refer to be as a "doofus" or a "Bammer" to have a conversation. Just wanting to let you know that. :)

Don't act like a doofus and a bammer and I won't call you one. Thats fair enough isn't it?

For people calling Vitale impartial...ever seen him during a Duke game or talking about Duke?

Impartial?

Um....no

And I am not a Duke hater at all...I like them and I like UNC

He does love Duke but he is right on about what he said about $aban

While I don't agree with what Tubby did when leaving Ole Miss it just wasn't the same circumstance. Not that it means he didn't lie, but just that Saban's was a worse lie. Tubby took an Ole Miss team out of the crapper while it was on probation and turned it into an SEC competitor. When he got noticed, he left, and lied about it once.

Nick Saban went to Miami promising to turn the team around, a personal promise to Wayne Huzienga. Two years later, he realized that he had no idea what he had gotten himself into and he freaked out. He wanted the job, but he was torn. So when the eyes of the nation were upon him, he said he was staying. Then he said it again. AND THEN he said that he would not be the head coach at Alabama. Afterwards he left the program no better than where he found it, sent a few emails to make sure everybody knew he wasn't just on vacation, and got the **** outta Dodge.

I'm not saying what Tubby did was right.

I'm just saying what $aban did was worse.

Dick Vitale is so annoying to me. I can not bring myself to watch a basketball game with him calling it. If I do watch it, the game is on mute. Anyway, back to Vitale and his rant on Saban. What the heck does he know? He is a basketball guy.

Dick Vitale is so annoying to me. I can not bring myself to watch a basketball game with him calling it. If I do watch it, the game is on mute. Anyway, back to Vitale and his rant on Saban. What the heck does he know? He is a basketball guy.

This isn't a football or basketball issue, its an integrity issue. Any person can comment on that. He just had the stage. I think it speaks to how strongly he feels about this that he would step out on a basketball show to make a commentary on Saban.

I don't think what Saban did was neccesarily worse than what Tubberville did. Its just that Saban seems to be a bit of a repeat offender, and he seems to think that his #2's don't stink. He comes across as arrogant and completely without remorse about the terrible situation that he left Miami in. You guys talked about how bad Shula is and how you wanted him out, but then the Dolphins are interviewing him. What does that say about the situation there. It must be grimm that no other coaches are interested. Personally, I think Saban thinks he is God's gift to football and he can accomplish anything. He thought he could win with the Dolphins, bit off more than he could chew, and then ran from the situation is basically in personal denial that those years occured. In his press conferences, he talks about "when we were at LSU, blah blah blah, LSU this" Why doesn't he ever say, "The Dolphins did this" or "when we were in Miami" Because he know he was a hose job at Miami. He just won't admit what a screw up he was.

This isn't a football or basketball issue, its an integrity issue. Any person can comment on that. He just had the stage. I think it speaks to how strongly he feels about this that he would step out on a basketball show to make a commentary on Saban.

I don't think what Saban did was neccesarily worse than what Tubberville did. Its just that Saban seems to be a bit of a repeat offender, and he seems to think that his #2's don't stink. He comes across as arrogant and completely without remorse about the terrible situation that he left Miami in. You guys talked about how bad Shula is and how you wanted him out, but then the Dolphins are interviewing him. What does that say about the situation there. It must be grimm that no other coaches are interested. Personally, I think Saban thinks he is God's gift to football and he can accomplish anything. He thought he could win with the Dolphins, bit off more than he could chew, and then ran from the situation is basically in personal denial that those years occured. In his press conferences, he talks about "when we were at LSU, blah blah blah, LSU this" Why doesn't he ever say, "The Dolphins did this" or "when we were in Miami" Because he know he was a hose job at Miami. He just won't admit what a screw up he was.

I agree about him being arrogant and everything else. But honestly, why do you guys care so much?

Care so much about what? We're just commenting on the topic of the moment. Even up here in Seattle, I was listening today to the local sports talk radio and one of the hosts said out of the blue about what a jerk Nick $aban has become now that he's at uat. And believe me when I say that very few people up here in the NW are concerened with the IB rivalry, especially in the off season. For the host to rant on $aban to his local audience really means something. When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas & stuff -- $aban has made his own bed with the flea-bitten riff raff at uat. Let's face it. $aban was at the top of his game when he made the jump from LSU to NFL's Miami. Can the same be said for his treatment of Huizenga & the Fins organization in the way he jumped to the Crapstone? Every sports broadcaster across the country thinks $aban is a jerk -- even basketball's Vitale. What does that tell you? Geez man, get a freakin' clue. :no:

Archived