Dick Vitale rant on Saban's Lying

DKW 86

Dick Vitale has credibility written all over him.

And Joe Scarborough does?

Now THERE'S a guy that you want on your side. Dick Vitale has credibility written all over him.

Compare to O$abin bin Lyin, Viatle is a saint.

I remember when that guy won free tuition at midnight madness and Dickie V payed for the kids books for the semester out of his own pocket.

Yeah, I remember that too. He can be annoying, but his enthusiam is unparrelelled. And he thinks Saban has no credibility... Go Vitale!

Now THERE'S a guy that you want on your side. Dick Vitale has credibility written all over him.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesnt mean that they are ALL ALWAYS WRONG.

I remember when Fran left. Mark Green on ITAT broke the story two weeks early. We even had the web address that TAMU had bought for him. WE, the Auburn fanbase were called every name in the freaking books for HONESTLY talking about it. Just because you as a bama fan disagree doesnt mean that other folks arent exactly correct.

Vitale is a total tool.

Dicky V.

Lee Corso.

Paul Finebaum.

Kenny Stabler.

They're all the same guy to me. I don't ever want them in my corner.

Now, if they're slamming Bama, I'll take it, but I won't build them up as mental giants because they do it.

Vitale is a total tool.

Dicky V.

Lee Corso.

Paul Finebaum.

Kenny Stabler.

They're all the same guy to me. I don't ever want them in my corner.

Now, if they're slamming Bama, I'll take it, but I won't build them up as mental giants because they do it.

I don't mind Vitale. I guess that's directly related to the fact that I don't follow college basketball all that much, plus even if I did, ESPN's opinion has much less to do with how the rankings go at the end of the season.

At least with Dick Vitale, you get an unslanted evaluation of each team he watches. He brings fair and balanced evaluations of games he does. And then in post game shows doesn't do the Pac10, Big12, or pick your team bobo honking for 14 solid weeks!! He may think a team is very good and brag on them all year, but he will give credit when credit is due, unlike the college football counterparts!!!!! Vitale is no where close to being like Corso or Herbie or May.

You may not like his style but you can't discredit the guy because you don't like his delivery. Dicky V. is incredibly passionate about his trade and admits many times that it's like stealing to get paid that much to travel around the country and talk about college basketball. He gets on my nerves too sometimes but I've never seen or heard of anything to make me think Coach Vitale is not a man with high moral values with a good heart.

That being said, Vitale is just one of many, many national sports figures that have consistently hammered Sabear. Like DKW alluded to, everybody except Bama fans aren't wrong. This is NOT just your rival schools' fans taking :poke: at you. Sabear has been ripped by just about everyone you can name on a national sports reporting level.

You may not like his style but you can't discredit the guy because you don't like his delivery. Dicky V. is incredibly passionate about his trade and admits many times that it's like stealing to get paid that much to travel around the country and talk about college basketball. He gets on my nerves too sometimes but I've never seen or heard of anything to make me think Coach Vitale is not a man with high moral values with a good heart.

That being said, Vitale is just one of many, many national sports figures that have consistently hammered Sabear. Like DKW alluded to, everybody except Bama fans aren't wrong. This is NOT just your rival schools' fans taking :poke: at you. Sabear has been ripped by just about everyone you can name on a national sports reporting level.

Yeah bbb bbbut Ray Melick and Paul Finebaum love him.

Dick Vitale? C'mon guys... this is the same guys that holds Bobby Knight to be a classy individual. He just hates it because the southeast/Alabama got a big name.

I hope his sorry arse never steps foot on our campus again. And that's probably what's best for him, too.

Dick Vitale? C'mon guys... this is the same guys that holds Bobby Knight to be a classy individual. He just hates it because the southeast/Alabama got a big name.

I hope his sorry arse never steps foot on our campus again. And that's probably what's best for him, too.

And why would that be what's best for him? Someone gonna throw bricks at him? You bammers are beyond pathetic.

I realize that it is beyond hope for you doofuses to realize what every non-bammer already does, he has lied a blue streak recently and until the day he acknowledges that he did put out feelers or had them put out for him he will be lieing.

Fortunately for him all he has to do is win over a bunch of ignorant bammers who would sell their mothers and their first born for a decent football team.

And why would that be what's best for him? Someone gonna throw bricks at him? You bammers are beyond pathetic.

I realize that it is beyond hope for you doofuses to realize what every non-bammer already does, he has lied a blue streak recently and until the day he acknowledges that he did put out feelers or had them put out for him he will be lieing.

Fortunately for him all he has to do is win over a bunch of ignorant bammers who would sell their mothers and their first born for a decent football team.

Yeah, we're gonna throw bricks at him. Um, no...

Okay, SABAN LIED! FRANCHIONE LIED! TUBERVILLE LIED! Oh wait, Tuberville didn't lie as it was a "friendly joke to an Oxford reporter." However you see it, the truth is that we both have LIARS have running our football programs and I think you'll find very few people in crimson and in orange that are unhappy with our respective coaches.

Let's (as in Alabama fans, the only ones that should be truly concerned) just move on. Geez.

One more thing, you don't have to refer to be as a "doofus" or a "Bammer" to have a conversation. Just wanting to let you know that. :)

Okay, SABAN LIED! FRANCHIONE LIED! TUBERVILLE LIED! Oh wait, Tuberville didn't lie as it was a "friendly joke to an Oxford reporter." However you see it, the truth is that we both have LIARS have running our football programs and I think you'll find very few people in crimson and in orange that are unhappy with our respective coaches.

Let's (as in Alabama fans, the only ones that should be truly concerned) just move on. Geez.

One more thing, you don't have to refer to be as a "doofus" or a "Bammer" to have a conversation. Just wanting to let you know that. :)

i'll agree that tuberville lied and it's not time to throw anything based on that alone. your brethren have yet to let that die though, so i see no reason for us to quit harping on saban a few weeks out, considering it's been damn near a decade since tubby's fib. i'd LOVE for bama to move on. wait a minute while i absolutely roll on the floor at the thought.

also, nothing changes the fact that you're a doofus bammer.

i'll agree that tuberville lied and it's not time to throw anything based on that alone. your brethren have yet to let that die though, so i see no reason for us to quit harping on saban a few weeks out, considering it's been damn near a decade since tubby's fib. i'd LOVE for bama to move on. wait a minute while i absolutely roll on the floor at the thought.

also, nothing changes the fact that you're a doofus bammer.

yeah, that's right, doofus!

We have just been getting it for what eight years now. Hell it is time to hand it back a bit. That is all.

OOPS, I forget, nothing rips on a Turd fan like having to deal with his own smack.

You guys are hilarious. I couldn't care less what Tuberville or Saban said... I'm just pointing out that they're one in the same. I, personally, hope Tuberville is awarded a lifetime contract at AU. I want him there as much as you guys wanted Shula at 'Bama. When he does leave Auburn in that pine box, it'll be a very sad day for me.

Try not to follow the "because they did it, we can do it to!" mentality. I can honestly say that I never brought up the pine box comment until you guys started ripping Saban.

In our society, lying isn't that big of a deal, sadly. Our President has lied, whomever your governor is has lied, your city councilman has lied, and yes... if you are an Alabama or Auburn fan, your football coach has lied. Say, when is the first game again? This stuff is getting old.

What gets me is I still hear pinebox jokes.

See the Crimson Tusks thread that was mentioned in our Need A Laugh? thread.

That's been dished out for nearly a decade, over one comment made passively.

Now Saban vehemently and blatantly lies. Talks down to the reporters as idiots for even bringing it up. Does this about 4 times. Every media outlet outside of Slimebomb and the Bamerham News has ripped him apart for the blatant nature of his lying and general poor character. This was a few weeks ago.

So we're supposed seal our lips about that, but the one pinebox comment from almost a decade ago is still relevant?

Archived