Is this the kind of slanted, biased BS to expect

GalensGhost

Is this article from the Mobile Press Register typical of the bias that must be endured as the state's media kneels -- eyes closed, mouth agape, head cocked in bobo-honking-readiness -- at Saban's feet?

No actual news, just deliriously hopeful speculation

Let's start with the title for the article written by Thomas Murphy:

Tide moves closer to nabbing prospects "Moves closer." Really? How so? Apparently prospects visited campus. None offered a verbal commitment, but they visited. Recruits visited campuses all around the country this past weeked. Did all schools "move closer" to nabbing them? What's the difference? How exactly did the Tide move closer to "nabbing" them. Were handcuffs involved?

Moving along... the article continues:

The Crimson Tide also appeared to make strides on swaying in-state products Sidell Corley of McGill-Toolen and Jared Cooper of W.S. Neal away from their original commitments to Florida and Auburn, respectively.

Key word in this sentence is "appeared." Neither Cooper nor Corley actually said they were considering a switch. Corley, in fact, later confirmed that he remained committed to Florida, a school he intends to visit this coming weekend. Will the Gators "move closer to nabbing" him when he arrives in Gainesville?

Cooper was not quoted in the article at all. Instead, the writer offered his own hopeful speculation: the big offensive lineman will have to weigh his commitment to Auburn against a full scholarship offer from the school he grew up cheering for, Alabama. Murphy glosses over the fact that in discussions with Auburn, Cooper (who had originally been offered a greyshirt) had his AU offer upgraded to a scholarship. And the fact that, despite his visit, he remains an AU commit.

Another recruit, Brandon Gibson of UMS Wright, was expected to announce his intent to sign with Bama during the visit. He did not. Instead, he said he would wait to announce at a ceremony at his school later, leaving the Tide with no definite answer and no real insight.

So basically there was no news to report. No one gave a verbal pledge. No previously committed recruit wavered. All this writer had was his own giddy, wishful thinking. So he effusively gushed, leaving a filthy stain of unrealized dreams in print. Bama moves closer. Moves closer indeed. Closer to Thomas Murphy's bobo honker, perhaps.

I'm sickened by it. The MPR's sports editor, executive editor and this particular writer will learn of my displeasure later today.

It is across the board. The media has begun even more complicit in UA success than before. TV sport is usualy just quick blurbs and radio is more entertainment than journalism. The print media which "should" be the most accurate since they have the most time to research and get quotes has been the most complicit since Saban has been hired. This is not the first article I have seen which does not report any fact, but just hope. It has become almost shameless.

What someone should be writing an article on is "exactly what has NS accomplished since he arrived". In all honesty, the staff isn't what their fans thought it would be. The only recruit to commit was Murphy from Hoover and he has been a UA lean the whole time. Coupled with the fact that his own high school coach said there was a lot of work to be done to be qualified, this is not anything Shula would have done. So far no recruit has been turned. Is McKnight going to come to UA? Absolutely not IMO. Is Corley or Cooper going to? Who knows but the quotes directly from the kids do not give that indictation.

There is enough "bobo-honking" going on here to last a lifetime!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

FWIW? In the "can they get any stupider?" department, there are Tahd fans on the Tidesports site celebrating Bama recruits having their stars "upgraded" by Rivals. I find it amusing that stars can be "upgraded" during a period when said recruits are not playing football and therefore doing nothing to enhance their stock. I suppose they are playing a really good game of NCAA '07 on their new PS3, which certainly should elevate their standing. Or perhaps it was the lithe pose they struck while lying on the couch to answer the phone?

The idiots are heralding these "star upgrades" as evidence that Saban is no mere recruiting mortal. As one so brilliantly put it:

"Seems like Saban is trying to play a game of trading Shula's 3-stars for 4 and 5 stars."

Amazing.

Is this article from the Mobile Press Register typical of the bias that must be endured as the state's media kneels -- eyes closed, mouth agape, head cocked in bobo-honking-readiness -- at Saban's feet?

Tide moves closer to nabbing prospects "Moves closer." Really? How so? Apparently prospects visited campus. None offered a verbal commitment, but they visited. Recruits visited campuses all around the country this past weeked. Did all schools "move closer" to nabbing them? What's the difference? How exactly did the Tide move closer to "nabbing" them. Were handcuffs involved?

The Crimson Tide also appeared to make strides on swaying in-state products Sidell Corley of McGill-Toolen and Jared Cooper of W.S. Neal away from their original commitments to Florida and Auburn, respectively.

Key word in this sentence is "appeared." Neither Cooper nor Corley actually said they were considering a switch. Corley, in fact, later confirmed that he remained committed to Florida, a school he intends to visit this coming weekend. Will the Gators "move closer to nabbing" him when he arrives in Gainesville?

Cooper was not quoted in the article at all. Instead, the writer offered his own hopeful speculation: the big offensive lineman will have to weigh his commitment to Auburn against a full scholarship offer from the school he grew up cheering for, Alabama. Murphy glosses over the fact that in discussions with Auburn, Cooper (who had originally been offered a greyshirt) had his AU offer upgraded to a scholarship. And the fact that, despite his visit, he remains an AU commit.

Another recruit, Brandon Gibson of UMS Wright, was expected to announce his intent to sign with Bama during the visit. He did not. Instead, he said he would wait to announce at a ceremony at his school later, leaving the Tide with no definite answer and no real insight.

So basically there was no news to report. No one gave a verbal pledge. No previously committed recruit wavered. All this writer had was his own giddy, wishful thinking. So he effusively gushed, leaving a filthy stain of unrealized dreams in print. Bama moves closer. Moves closer indeed. Closer to Thomas Murphy's bobo honker, perhaps.

I'm sickened by it. The MPR's sports editor, executive editor and this particular writer will learn of my displeasure later today.

You should send this as an e-mail to the author.

If you don't, I may plagiarize.

You know, I've been thinking about this article all day. In no way, does this justify those idiot writers from building up $aban. But, when $aban goes 6-6 next year, has a rotten recruiting class, loses games he was "supposed" to win, and especially, loses to Auburn another year, they will be all over his case. No bobo honking to be found. I promise.

You know, I've been thinking about this article all day. In no way, does this justify those idiot writers from building up $aban. But, when $aban goes 6-6 next year, has a rotten recruiting class, loses games he was "supposed" to win, and especially, loses to Auburn another year, they will be all over his case. No bobo honking to be found. I promise.

Can't wait. Cause you know the inbreds that rely on the media to tell them how to think will shortly follow suit.

Here's one that you won't read in the "bobo honker's" papers.

From Sports Illustrated.com

Robert Marve, Florida's high school record-holding quarterback, is thinking of switching his commitment from Alabama to Miami. Mavre said he will rely heavily on his parents to help make his decision. He had orally committed to Alabama before coach Mike Shula was fired, and before Sunday called Alabama a soft commitment.

-- Miami Herald

Robert Marve, Florida's high school record-holding quarterback, is thinking of switching his commitment from Alabama to Miami. Mavre said he will rely heavily on his parents to help make his decision. He had orally committed to Alabama before coach Mike Shula was fired, and before Sunday called Alabama a soft commitment.

-- Miami Herald

Ah, but you misunderstand. Alabama did not want him anyway. Saban pulled his offer, you see. He got the guy he really wanted, some kid name Fanuzzi who did NOT break any of Tebow's record and is NOT as highly rated as Marve. Here are some sample responses taken directly from tidesports.com:

1. Marve is a punk - I don't care how good he is. In my opinion, if a guy is "interested" in Miami, I don't want him at Alabama anyway.Saban chose Fanuzzi for a reason and I'm completely satisfied with his choice.

2. Saban won't have his chain jerked as evidenced by his "you shop, we shop" approach. A welcome change, if you ask me. I'm sick and tired of having games played by football recruits. It's high time some assertiveness was brought into the process. good riddance, Robert Marve. Now you can put the 'cane fight song on your cell phone.

3. I think it's hilarious how Marve acted, has anyone looked at his numbers before this season? He was pathetic. Traditionally one hit wonders in HS are aweful in college.

4. Marve wouldn't have gotten a second look from Coach Bryant. I'm glad that Saban is putting some pride back into the Alabama program.

5. Marve's father said his son said he didn't think he was such a "good fit" here after all. Read that somewhere, and it made me more glad that we have Nick Fanuzzi!

6. I agree, I think he is putting people on notice that playing at Alabama is an honor not to be toyed with. If you want to play here better back up words with actions.

7. Who cares if Marve comes? If you saw him in the ghetto Thug U getup, that was enough to disgust you! Let him go, I honestly don't think he is coming. He will be the first to suffer from Sabans rule on shopping around! Fanuzzi played in the Army Allstar Game, Marve wasn't invited, Fanuzzi was injureed most of this season. Fanuzzi looked better than Clausen in the Allstar Game. Figure it out how they are ranked.

8. I would take Fanuzzi over MArve even before this mess was going on!

9. As far as I'm concerned, Marve can go to h*ll with his orange clogs on. I hate that punk.

10. Yeah, thank god that Douchebag is not coming to Tuscaloosa! I laughed when I saw that footage, if he'd just pop the collar, and tilt his Miami hat to the perfect angle!

11. he can go to the "OB" and throw down with the rest of his homeys'. be sure to pack your bullet proof vest marve you will need it when the drug deal goes bad.

12. Fanuzzi is a bigger man anyway. He will probably do better than Marve. The only craze with Marve is his 4 star rating. We needed him for bragging rights.

13. Good move Nick and Nick, This kid will be better than Marve. This might hurt the rankings a touch, but no fear Saban means business when he talks about shopping around. Shula would be still in this kid's house washing dishes

14. After seeing Marve decked out in a Miami hat and bright orange crocs yesterday, I am glad this is happening. You don't do that in my opinion if you are in any way committed to another school.

15. Agree...Maurve became quite a premadonna over the past couple of weeks' His Miami outfit he was seen in yesterday was final thread in the "Shop, we'll shop". I like that and it should make others take notice "THERE'S A NEW SHERRIFF IN T-TOWN".

16. Well, CNS warned Marve, did he not? "You shop around; I'll shop around." And Fanuzzi's eyes at least show intelligence; Marve's look like a shark's -- kinda flat and dead-looking. Really great coup, Coach Saban!

17. Saban shows once again he is a man of his word. Those other so-called "soft commits" had better worry about their offers being withdrawn.

18. This guy is just a QB. We have two good QB's already. Wilson and McElroy will be good enough for Bama for the next 3 to 4 years. Between now and then, there will be plenty of talented guys to make everyone forget about Marve. Just like he broke Tebow's records, someone else will come along and break his.

19. correction,,,he is not just a quarterback,,,,he is a cancer,,,i big giant program killer almost to the proportion of TO,,,we need him to go to miami,,im just glad somebody else is dumb enough to court him and hopefully take him,,,saban knows what he is doing and he doesn't want this little worm,,,good riddance

20. Who cares?Let him go......Tired of hearing about this guy.If he dont want to play for us,I dont want him here.He seems wishy-washy anyway.He seems more focussed on himself than the team.We can get players who want to play here,and they will come in abundance.

FWIW? Alabama got no committments and their Rivals recruiting ranking jumped from 28th to 17th today. Amazing.

I'm also a little confused by Saban's "you shop, we shop" philosophy. He is clearly visiting players who are committed to other programs. So he is, in essence, already shopping, correct? And if he is shopping, why should he expect kids who verbal to Bama to keep their word? What is it with this guy and honesty? You keep your word, but I don't have to keep mine. Is that how integrity works? What I do is okay, but what you do is not? Nick Saban is a tool.

My favorite:

17. Saban shows once again he is a man of his word. Those other so-called "soft commits" had better worry about their offers being withdrawn.

Fascinating. A gold mine for graduate study in psychology: What makes the lunatic(s) tick? :lol::lol:

FWIW? Alabama got no committments and their Rivals recruiting ranking jumped from 28th to 17th today. Amazing.

Hey, it is late january-Early February. This happens every year on Rivals. Schurburtt? is a bama grad and every year they do these crazy re-evaluations. AU kids always fall. Bama kids always climb one to two stars overnight. I call it: "Getting Rivaled."

-- Miami Herald

Ah, but you misunderstand. Alabama did not want him anyway. Saban pulled his offer, you see. He got the guy he really wanted, some kid name Fanuzzi who did NOT break any of Tebow's record and is NOT as highly rated as Marve. Here are some sample responses taken directly from tidesports.com:

1. Marve is a punk - I don't care how good he is. In my opinion, if a guy is "interested" in Miami, I don't want him at Alabama anyway.Saban chose Fanuzzi for a reason and I'm completely satisfied with his choice.

2. Saban won't have his chain jerked as evidenced by his "you shop, we shop" approach. A welcome change, if you ask me. I'm sick and tired of having games played by football recruits. It's high time some assertiveness was brought into the process. good riddance, Robert Marve. Now you can put the 'cane fight song on your cell phone.

3. I think it's hilarious how Marve acted, has anyone looked at his numbers before this season? He was pathetic. Traditionally one hit wonders in HS are aweful in college.

4. Marve wouldn't have gotten a second look from Coach Bryant. I'm glad that Saban is putting some pride back into the Alabama program.

5. Marve's father said his son said he didn't think he was such a "good fit" here after all. Read that somewhere, and it made me more glad that we have Nick Fanuzzi!

6. I agree, I think he is putting people on notice that playing at Alabama is an honor not to be toyed with. If you want to play here better back up words with actions.

7. Who cares if Marve comes? If you saw him in the ghetto Thug U getup, that was enough to disgust you! Let him go, I honestly don't think he is coming. He will be the first to suffer from Sabans rule on shopping around! Fanuzzi played in the Army Allstar Game, Marve wasn't invited, Fanuzzi was injureed most of this season. Fanuzzi looked better than Clausen in the Allstar Game. Figure it out how they are ranked.

9. As far as I'm concerned, Marve can go to h*ll with his orange clogs on. I hate that punk.

10. Yeah, thank god that Douchebag is not coming to Tuscaloosa! I laughed when I saw that footage, if he'd just pop the collar, and tilt his Miami hat to the perfect angle!

11. he can go to the "OB" and throw down with the rest of his homeys'. be sure to pack your bullet proof vest marve you will need it when the drug deal goes bad.

12. Fanuzzi is a bigger man anyway. He will probably do better than Marve. The only craze with Marve is his 4 star rating. We needed him for bragging rights.

13. Good move Nick and Nick, This kid will be better than Marve. This might hurt the rankings a touch, but no fear Saban means business when he talks about shopping around. Shula would be still in this kid's house washing dishes

14. After seeing Marve decked out in a Miami hat and bright orange crocs yesterday, I am glad this is happening. You don't do that in my opinion if you are in any way committed to another school.

15. Agree...Maurve became quite a premadonna over the past couple of weeks' His Miami outfit he was seen in yesterday was final thread in the "Shop, we'll shop". I like that and it should make others take notice "THERE'S A NEW SHERRIFF IN T-TOWN".

16. Well, CNS warned Marve, did he not? "You shop around; I'll shop around." And Fanuzzi's eyes at least show intelligence; Marve's look like a shark's -- kinda flat and dead-looking. Really great coup, Coach Saban!

18. This guy is just a QB. We have two good QB's already. Wilson and McElroy will be good enough for Bama for the next 3 to 4 years. Between now and then, there will be plenty of talented guys to make everyone forget about Marve. Just like he broke Tebow's records, someone else will come along and break his.

19. correction,,,he is not just a quarterback,,,,he is a cancer,,,i big giant program killer almost to the proportion of TO,,,we need him to go to miami,,im just glad somebody else is dumb enough to court him and hopefully take him,,,saban knows what he is doing and he doesn't want this little worm,,,good riddance

20. Who cares?Let him go......Tired of hearing about this guy.If he dont want to play for us,I dont want him here.He seems wishy-washy anyway.He seems more focussed on himself than the team.We can get players who want to play here,and they will come in abundance.

I'm also a little confused by Saban's "you shop, we shop" philosophy. He is clearly visiting players who are committed to other programs. So he is, in essence, already shopping, correct? And if he is shopping, why should he expect kids who verbal to Bama to keep their word? What is it with this guy and honesty? You keep your word, but I don't have to keep mine. Is that how integrity works? What I do is okay, but what you do is not? Nick Saban is a tool.

Didn't we hear the exact same things from these same idiots when Tebow went to Florida? Like "how he wasn't that good anyway", National Championship, "he wouldn't be a good fit", yeah, the kid has talent why would he fit in at Bammer, and"they were overjoyed to get 3-Name Wilson", yeah, HE'S A REAL WINNER!

Please.

-- Miami Herald

Didn't we hear the exact same things from these same idiots when Tebow went to Florida? Like "how he wasn't that good anyway", National Championship, "he wouldn't be a good fit", yeah, the kid has talent why would he fit in at Bammer, and"they were overjoyed to get 3-Name Wilson", yeah, HE'S A REAL WINNER!

Please.

That "3-Name Wilson" will be the best QB in the SEC next year.

I am in love with my sister

Guest Tigrinum Major

John Wilson will never be the best QB in the SEC. He put up some gaudy numbers due to the fact that Alabama's running game was anemic. Your O line, outside of Big Andre', couldn't run block if their life depended on it. He played virtually every down of every game, despite the fact that he was slotted to sit during one game, and had the benefit of a couple of good receivers.

He's a good quarterback, but if he is the best the SEC has to offer in 2007, the conference is in trouble.

John Wilson will never be the best QB in the SEC. He put up some gaudy numbers due to the fact that Alabama's running game was anemic. Your O line, outside of Big Andre', couldn't run block if their life depended on it. He played virtually every down of every game, despite the fact that he was slotted to sit during one game, and had the benefit of a couple of good receivers.

He's a good quarterback, but if he is the best the SEC has to offer in 2007, the conference is in trouble.

He isn't even the best QB in the state.

This guy is.....

riceteaser.jpg

-- Miami Herald

Please.

That "3-Name Wilson" will be the best QB in the SEC next year.

I am in love with my sister

Now THAT's funny...I don't care who you are!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived