ESPN, an early look at 2007

BAMMERPERRY

2006 was supposed to be Auburns "BIG" year. Didn't quite pan out that way. You were pretty much dominated by a young and poorly coached Bama team and were given the game on turnovers. I don't see that happening again in the near future, circumstances have changed.

I prefer to look at these preseason rankings.

41. Alabama 2006 Record: 6-7

Why to get excited: Nick Saban. Mike Shula did a fine job, but Saban is an A list head man who'll bring more attention to Bama football than it's had in years. Lost in the Shula canning was how 2006 was a stepping-stone season having to break in several new starters. Now, nine starters return to the offense while the defense should be better than last year. The schedule works out as well as humanly possible with the first truly tough road game coming against Auburn in the regular season finale.

Why to be grouchy: There are losses on defense. The back seven takes a bit of a hit, while the big tackles need to be replaced. The schedule might bring Bama plenty of home games, but it's never fun to play Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU to go along with a neutral-site date with Florida State.

The number one thing to work on is: Getting into the backfield. Could this really have been Alabama's defense with no push up front and no quarterback pressure? The Tide finished last in the SEC in sacks (with just 13) and tackles for loss (with 55). Saban and his staff is sure to change that in a hurry.

Biggest offensive loss: RB Kenneth Darby

Biggest defensive loss: LB Juwan Simpson

Ranked right behind #38 Kentucky. Sounds about right to me.

2006 was supposed to be Auburns "BIG" year. Didn't quite pan out that way. You were pretty much dominated by a young and poorly coached Bama team and were given the game on turnovers. I don't see that happening again in the near future, circumstances have changed.

Time of Possession :au: 30:17 :ua: 29:43

Yeah, We were dominated. 4 turnovers, go cry me a freaking river.

i understand. had it not been for

-the turnovers,

-the refs,

-auburn's defense playing 11 players all the time,

-alabama's pathetic inability to score in the redzone,

-shula's decison-making,

-the fact that it was played in what amounts to a home-field advantage for auburn,

-all the injuries,

-the crowd noise,

-i'm sure i've missed some,

then alabama would have easily won.

further, BP...i consider an 11-win season, with victories over the #1 and #3 teams in the nation, a cotton bowl victory over a traditional powerhouse, an iron-bowl victory at Tommy's Place, and a top-10 ranking to be a not-too-shabby year. its not like we lost to miss state or anything.

Where did this guy come from??? :puke: I mean I don't post very often but I felt that it was necessary. Why on Earth would you come to an Auburn forum and post ****. It just doesn't make any sense. I just want to mention that the two turnovers that resulted in touchdowns were forced by a man named Quentin Groves who will be coming back again to haunt good ole John Parker this upcoming season. Anyways you are obviously still in grade school and have nothing better to do but get called out on other teams' forums.

its not like we lost to miss state or anything.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Auburn was overrated eh? Lets see... take a look at the 2006 preseason rankings...

Rivals.com

and now take a look at the final rankings...

ESPN.com

If you look at the coaches poll, you'll noticed that Auburn dropped one spot from preseason to post season. Alabama was ranked 24 in the rivals poll preseason, but unfortunately, they only show one poll on the internet with enough slots to get bama's low ranking in there...

College Football News Top 119

In case you can't find bama amongst all the teams in that poll, they're at 41. So now, my friend, who was more overrated? Certainly not the team that dropped 1 spot, perhaps the team that dropped almost 20 spots.

Take the bet!!!!! You are avoiding the real issue here!!!

BTW, there's NO WAY bammer wins the west. :roflol::roflol:

You are truly delusional. I think even your own bama brethren on here will agree with me on this one.

Here's my prediction: uat will struggle to remain in 4th place in the SEC West, and will lose to one of the Mississippi schools, probably MSU in Starkville. Sly Croom has the bammies' number and is about to embark upon a little win streak of his own. :lol:

Where did this guy come from??? :puke: I mean I don't post very often but I felt that it was necessary. Why on Earth would you come to an Auburn forum and post ****.

you gotta see BP for what he really is (a stereotype...almost a parody, but i think he actually believes some of the stuff he posts)...when you do, he's really kind of enjoyable to have around...kind of like an outdoor pet (no offense to your outdoor pet, AUtAUs).

he is rivaling BS as my favorite bama poster on the board.

Archived