Shula Update

AU!

The Jaguars have hired Shula as the Quarterbacks coach, reported by Paul Finebaum just now

I'll put up a link when i find one...

he obviously wowed them over lunch in mobile, it obviously wasn't because of his playcalling

Or daddy made some calls....

Guest Tigrinum Major

Whether he is or isn't, I don't know.

I wish he had not been hired, just so Alabama's payment to him would not have been reduced. On a more serious note, good luck to Shula. I hold no animosity against him. It's just a shame he was misguided in his choice of colleges.

Mike Shula is a very good QB coach. Very good.

Yes...he's great at teaching that "duck and cover".... :roflol:

:au::homer:

Mike Shula is a very good QB coach. Very good.

Based upon......

Wasn't Brodie already the top QB in the nation coming out of high school?

He brought JPW along very well also. And when he was at Miami...the best he had to work with was Jay Feidler. And Jay did a pretty good job.

I think it's interesting that he didn't end up as the QB coach at Miami since theirs just got hired by the Cowboys. Considering the family ties for the Shulas down there, it was kinda suprising to me that he went to Jacksonville.

Why should I be disappointed in the Shula hire?

I rank Mike Shula as one of the best coaches in the history of modern sport. Every time he played Auburn, he got it handed to him.

He ranks right up there with the following coaches:

Bill Curry

Gerry DiNardo

Ray Goff

Danny Ford

He should have gone to the NBA. Shula hits more 3's than Larry bird and stockton combined :cheer:

I actuallly was flying from Houston, TX to Jacksonville, FL with my girlfriend and we thought we sat right next to Shula and his family. We knew it was true when we saw this. I of course was wearing all of my Auburn things and was wondering why he wouldn't look at me. I feel sorry for the guy, I wish I would of known for sure that it was him at the time. I would of let him know that what Bama did to him was wrong.

Archived