AHSAA Wrestling Championship In Pelham

AUChizad

Anyone going to the wrestling State Tournament this weekend?

I think I may show up one of the days to watch Prattville rip away yet another state championship from Hoover.

I think I may show up one of the days to watch Prattville rip away yet another state championship from Hoover.

I might go to see Coach Miller. I dont know though because I have to write a Discovery Brief as well as prepare for Trial. God Help us all.

I might go to see Coach Miller. I dont know though because I have to write a Discovery Brief as well as prepare for Trial. God Help us all.

Here's the schedule by the way.

http://www.ahsaasports.com/wrestling/statemeetschedule.asp

I say we go for Session 2 Friday.

And maybe Session 4 Saturday.

My son re-injured his torn retina over in Georgia a couple of weeks ago and his 189 lbs career is over. He is the captain of the Grissom team this year...broke his heart. Grissom doesn't look too hot this year. I hate Hoover, they cheered every time a Grissom wrestler lost last year. Hoover is a bunch of rich bush league rednecks :puke:

My son re-injured his torn retina over in Georgia a couple of weeks ago and his 189 lbs career is over. He is the captain of the Grissom team this year...broke his heart. Grissom doesn't look too hot this year. I hate Hoover, they cheered every time a Grissom wrestler lost last year. Hoover is a bunch of rich bush league rednecks :puke:

Again, there's a good chance Prattville takes them out this year.

We won sectionals for the first time since the program was brought back, and are sending 12 kids out of a possible 14 to state.

Montgomery Advertiser

Lions to send 12 wrestlers to state

By Jimmy White

Progress writer

Trent Miller, head coach of the Prattville High School Wrestling team was a very happy coach late Saturday afternoon as the finals of the Class 6A Section One Wrestling meet drew to a close at Prattville High's Powell Gymnasium.

"We have 12 wrestlers going to the state," Miller said. "We wanted to have 14, but we are very happy with the results. We had nine in the championship finals. That will help us at the state meet nest week. If everyone stays healthy then we should be in an excellent position to challenge for a state championship at Pelham."

"This is the first section championship the school has won since 1970," said Miller. "It speaks well of the work and dedication these kids have given this season. Our coaches have worked hard as well as the Take Down Club. Everything just went perfect."

It was the first sectional won by Prattville as a Class 6A school. The 1970 Sectional was won as a Class 3A school when the school was still known as Autauga County High School.

The Lions' wrestlers won five gold medals at the meet, headlined by defending state champions John Hayden Countryman (152-pound weight classification) and Derek Carmichael (145). Other Prattville wrestlers claiming the gold medal were Patrick Connors (119), David Mang (125) and Justin Killough (171).

Codey Carter (103), Devin Mullins (112), Jordan Killough (135) and Robbie Emmons (189) all won silver medals in the championship round. Byron Jackson (130) picked up a bronze in the consolation finals. Ethan Flournoy (160) and Greg McCall (heavyweight) finished fourth, earning a trip to the state championship.

John Hayden Countryman picked up the Most Outstanding Wrestler Award. The match between Prattville's Jordan Killough and Hunter Robinson of Opelika in the 135-pound weight classification was voted he best match of the tournament.

The State Finals will begin Friday at 7:30 a.m. The Class 6A round of 16 will follow at 10 a.m. At noon the championship quarterfinals will begin with the consolations at 3 p.m.

The evening sessions at 6:30 p.m. will feature the championship semifinals, with the second round consolations at 8:30 p.m.

Saturday's Class 6A schedule along with Class 5A and Class 1A-4A will begin at 8 a.m. The finals will begin at 5:30 p.m.

The 2006-07 Class 6A Section 1 final teams' standings:

1. Prattville 214.5

2. Robert E. Lee 183.5

3. Opelika 120.5

4. Auburn 105.5

5. Wetumpka 85

6. Jeff Davis 77

7. Smith Station 55

8. Russell County 27.5

9. Phenix City Central 3

Consolation Finals

103 - Casey Walker (Wetumpka) pin Michael Jordan (Auburn) 1:50

112 - Darius Davis-Allen (Opelika) pin Darius Davis-Allen (Opelika) 2:56

119 - Andrew Wilkins (Smith Station) dec. Davonnah McClean (Robert E. Lee) 9-8

125 - Casey Smith (Robert E. Lee) dec. Jonathan Dunn (Auburn) 9-2

130 - Byron Jackson (Prattville) pin Chester Hagens (Auburn) 1:40

135 - Michael Evans (Auburn) pin Zack Crews (Russell County) 1:46

140 - Thorne Faught (Smith Station) dec. Dalton Edwards (Auburn) 4-3

145 - Chandler Dawkins (Wetumpka) dec. Brian Price (Auburn) 10-8

152 - Jake Yates (Smith Station) dec. Corey Jones (Robert E. Lee)

160 - Ryan Barker (Robert E. Lee) dec. Ethan Flournoy (Prattville) 9-5

171 - Michael Hawkins (Opelika) pin Spencer Ramsey (Auburn) 4:00

189 - Isaiah Person (Auburn) dec. Colby Miller (Smith Station) 5-2

215 - T. J. Tomblin (Smith Station) pin Lance Martin (Russell County) 2:50

HWT - Torrence Tyson (Jeff Davis) pin Greg McCall (Prattville) 4:02

Championship Finals

103 - Terrence Jones (Opelika) dec. Cody Carter (Prattville) 11-5

112 - Jarrod Dixon (Robert E. Lee) pin Devin Mullins (Prattville) 3:33

119 - Patrick Connors (Prattville) pin Dakota Benevides (Wetumpka) 1:32

125 - David Mang (Prattville) dec. Josh Wilson (Jeff Davis) 16-4

130 - Jeff Jones (Robert E. Lee) dec. Tyler Brown (Jeff Davis) 7-1

135 - Hunter Robinson (Opelika) dec. Jordan Killough (Prattville) 5-2

140 - Christian Dealba (Robert E. Lee) dec. Cole Caviness (Wetumpka) 5-2

145 - Derek Carmichael (Prattville) dec. Wesley Kendrick (Robert E. Lee) 19-7

152 - John Hayden Countryman (Prattville) pin Shayne Kreutzer (Auburn) 3:45

160 - Derek Lucas (Wetumpka) dec. Dexstrain Gunn (Opelika) 8-6

171 - Justin Killough (Prattville) pin Timothy Bennett (Robert E. Lee) 1:127

189 - Wynton Moore (Jeff Davis) dec. Robbie Emmons (Prattville) 5-2

215 - Sam Trammel (Opelika) dec. DeQuandra Campbell (Robert E. Lee) 8-6

HWT - Weston Thomas (Robert E. Lee) pin Caleb Dennison (Opelika) 1:49

hey we're not all bad people

hey we're not all bad people

Yeah, Ryan Pugh and Josh Chapman are OK. Unless Chapman ends up at UAT, then he's a rich boy puke.

Well, it's apparently going on now.

I still should be going to the 6:30-8:30 session tonight.

And Taylor, you should come too and not be a sellout.

What kind of nerd uses the "I have homework" excuse on a Friday night? It's only 2 hours anyway.

The hungover nerd.

Yeah, I heard you guys at 4:00 am. I came home for lunch and there was still a fat girl on the couch.

I don't even want to know.

The hungover nerd.

Yeah, I heard you guys at 4:00 am. I came home for lunch and there was still a fat girl on the couch.

I had nothing to do with that. Notice 1. She was on the couch and 2. Jeremiah was in the living room with her. I was locked in my room.

The hungover nerd.

I had nothing to do with that. Notice 1. She was on the couch and 2. Jeremiah was in the living room with her. I was locked in my room.

Jeremiah wasn't there when I left work work this morning.

Just saying.

Archived