Corley to LSU

Fmnstr

discuss.

ALSO: kerry murphy claims his visit to the U was "outstanding" and is now "60-40 miami." when asked if the canes could expect a good chance for him to sign, his response was "hell yeah."

Hell yeah :cheer::thumbsup:

Corley> Davis

In terms of what? Davis is the better football player. Corley is less of a headcase.

:gofig:

How in the hell is Davis better than Corely? He's ranked above Davis on Scout and Rivals. Yes, he also doesn't lie to our coaching staff. :thumbsup::big:

Hell yeah :cheer::thumbsup:

Corley> Davis

In terms of what? Davis is the better football player. Corley is less of a headcase.

:gofig:

How in the hell is Davis better than Corely? He's ranked above Davis on Scout and Rivals. Yes, he also doesn't lie to our coaching staff. :thumbsup::big:

Because I've seen both play and Davis is flat out better. Throw the Rivals and Scout rankings out the window, Corley isn't a Top 100 player and is on the same level as a Jason Peters (ie: a top 20-25 DE...not Top 10 or Top 15 worthy like Rivals and Scout have him). Corley was never dominate on the HS level and his Army AA showing proved what most insiders felt about him, he was easily the worst d-lineman present and he was abused all week long in one-on-ones.

Because I've seen both play and Davis is flat out better. Throw the Rivals and Scout rankings out the window, Corley isn't a Top 100 player and is on the same level as a Jason Peters (ie: a top 20-25 DE...not Top 10 or Top 15 worthy like Rivals and Scout have him). Corley was never dominate on the HS level and his Army AA showing proved what most insiders felt about him, he was easily the worst d-lineman present and he was abused all week long in one-on-ones.

Meta4, I heard similar feedback...as well as hearing that McNeil was probably the best defensive player in Mobile--better than Phelon the Phenom. Who knows? Guess we'll see in about 2 yrs.

We didn't even recruit Phelon Jones which should tell you something. He is a good kid with a ton of athletic ability but our staff believes that he is lacking the physical factor needed to be an elite football player. Instead of being a football player with great athleticism Jones is a great track athlete posing as a football player. Theres no doubt that McNeil is a better football player (and prob. will always be), I've had several people tell me that Phelon is a better track prospect than he is a football prospect.

We didn't even recruit Phelon Jones which should tell you something. He is a good kid with a ton of athletic ability but our staff believes that he is lacking the physical factor needed to be an elite football player. Instead of being a football player with great athleticism Jones is a great track athlete posing as a football player. Theres no doubt that McNeil is a better football player (and prob. will always be), I've had several people tell me that Phelon is a better track prospect than he is a football prospect.

Davis didn't do deadly squat in the A.A.A. game. He was to busy recruiting top players to LSU and he was very succesful. :P

• 2 years later...

Bump.

Corley has done nothing at LSU, Jones did very little and now just transferred out of the program. Luther Davis is 2nd string at Bama.

Bump.

Corley has done nothing at LSU, Jones did very little and now just transferred out of the program. Luther Davis is 2nd string at Bama.

At Tuesday's practice, Jones was working with the 3rd team DBs. Thats very telling. Not slamming AU or anything, but really why would AU be interested in taking him on? Are they just hoping to mold him in the year he's going to have to sit out? For that matter, is AU even interested, or is this kind of like when a kid is recruited and says he really likes Team X and wants to go there, but hasn't received an offer yet?

Best of luck to the Jones family. He was just in a cluster of talented dbs.

As for Corley, he's rumored to have finally shown a lot of progress under Coach Haley. I don't expect him to transfer.

For that matter, is AU even interested, or is this kind of like when a kid is recruited and says he really likes Team X and wants to go there, but hasn't received an offer yet?

He hasn't even been cleared, basically says he's transferring to Auburn but has yet to actually speak to the coaches. To me it is super odd that LSU would even let him transfer to Auburn.

Best of luck to the Jones family. He was just in a cluster of talented dbs.

As for Corley, he's rumored to have finally shown a lot of progress under Coach Haley. I don't expect him to transfer.

That was the huge red flag that went up in my mind when I heard about it. I couldn't imagine LSU letting him transfer to an SEC West rival. There HAS to be something more to this....

Archived