Greg Smith

Wishbone

What's the deal with Greg Smith? I have heard stories across the board about this guy, some good some bad. Is he the real deal or not? Anybody see him at the scrimmage? I have realy high hopes for this guy.

Haven't seen him in scrimmage. But he has lost the weight and looks like a monster. I saw him at the beginning of fall sem. and did not look too good. Saw him at the end and wouldn't recognize him except for his face. (he was riding a bike)

I think he is still too heavy. But I can see him in playing rotation this fall. He is a monster.

What's the deal with Greg Smith? I have heard stories across the board about this guy, some good some bad. Is he the real deal or not? Anybody see him at the scrimmage? I have realy high hopes for this guy.

Here is a report from ITAT re: Greg Smith at the first scrimmage:

Smith seems to stand up really early and got beat on pad level. He got several tackles though. One was very impressive. Smith is getting doubled by Green and Bosley and Tate is sprinting by, this huge arm snakes over Green's pads and grabs Tate by the front of the jersey and slams him to the ground. One of the better arm tackles I've seen.

http://mb18.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMess...ID=165541.topic

Haven't seen him in scrimmage. But he has lost the weight and looks like a monster. I saw him at the beginning of fall sem. and did not look too good. Saw him at the end and wouldn't recognize him except for his face. (he was riding a bike)

I don't know if any of you guys ever see "Rob and Big" on MTV but thinking of Greg Smith riding a bike makes me think of the intro bit with Big at 400+ lbs riding a bike with Rob piggy backing.

Most big tackles do stand straight up. I remember how bad warren sapps technique was at times. Big tackles are simply good for demanding a double team and clogging up the middle and making the occassional tackle. But they let the LB's concentrate on lanes other than the one on either side of that tackle. It works great as a nose guard in a 3-4.

Archived