Fox News

drewau02

Liberals and left leaning people in this country despise the very existence of Fox News. This much we know. We hear it on the blogs, we hear it on the talk shows, we even read it on this page from our Auburn Dems. All we ever hear is that "Fox News is a think tank for the GOP. Fox News is an apologist for the Bush Administration. Fox News is part of the vast right wing conspiracy." etc. etc. You get the point. We've all heard the complaints at some time or another.

Well, I do agree that Fox News leans to the right. If I had to characterize Fox News, then I would classify it as moderate conservative. Liberals and Dems are always on Fox News everyday but the majority of the anchors on the network are conservative. Fox has Alan Colmes but Liberals can't stand him anyway, although I believe that he's a genuinely nice guy who makes a great argument for the liberal cause, unlike demagogues like Al Franken or the moveon.org idiots.

It is because Fox News is moderate conservative that it went from an idea back in 1995 to being the #1 rated news network 10 short years later. Fox News took off overnight because America is still a moderate conservative nation. Don't believe me? Ask Nancy Pelosi and Rahm Emanuel who orchestrated the Dems victory this past year. They ran a bunch of conservative Democrats who gave them the edge. James Webb, Bob Casey, Heath Shuler, John Tester, etc.

For all you Dems and libs out there, I have this to say. If you don't like Fox, then don't watch it. Complaining about the network doesn't help. I don't agree with the liberal bias that goes on at CNN but hey, it's Ted Turners network, he can run the place however he sees fit. MSNBC, ABC, CBS, same thing.

Fox News is #1 because America was in dire need of a network that was more moderate conservative. How do you explain Fox being #1 after ten short years? How do you explain Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity?

If the mainstream media were objective and did their job in an objective manner, then you Dems and libs wouldn't complain about Fox or Rush Limbaugh because they wouldn't be around. That's all.

Because you personally remember what it was like to live in the Germany of the 1930's and 40's, right?

Therefore I won't.

As a conservative I detest propaganda because it reminds me of Nazism.

CNN isn't propoganda either? MSNBC isn't propoganda? What's next, are you gonna tell me that Dan Rather was the most objective journalist in the business?

The bottom line is that you cannot get fair and accurate news anywhere. In the history of the media, there has never been a truly objective newspaper, tv station, or cable network. Therefore, you have to make the best with what's available to get near the truth.

What I try to do is watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, and occassionally I'll delve into columns in the NY Times or WaPo. I'll listen to Rush Limbaugh occasionally, but I will also tune in to Alan Colmes on Satellite XM. I'm a conservative yes, but I do like to hear all sides. America is better served when you have two competing ideas.

The media is all about business, ratings, and circulation. It always has been. You keep your audience listening and reading by telling them what they want to hear. Unfotunately, that's a part of human nature. We watch so that we can get confirmation on what we perceive to be true is in fact true.

Comparing Roger Ailes to Joseph Goebbels is a bit of a stretch there, don't ya think?

Therefore I won't.

As a conservative I detest propaganda because it reminds me of Nazism.

CNN isn't propoganda either? MSNBC isn't propoganda? What's next, are you gonna tell me that Dan Rather was the most objective journalist in the business?

The bottom line is that you cannot get fair and accurate news anywhere. In the history of the media, there has never been a truly objective newspaper, tv station, or cable network. Therefore, you have to make the best with what's available to get near the truth.

What I try to do is watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, and occassionally I'll delve into columns in the NY Times or WaPo. I'll listen to Rush Limbaugh occasionally, but I will also tune in to Alan Colmes on Satellite XM. I'm a conservative yes, but I do like to hear all sides. America is better served when you have two competing ideas.

The media is all about business, ratings, and circulation. It always has been. You keep your audience listening and reading by telling them what they want to hear. Unfotunately, that's a part of human nature. We watch so that we can get confirmation on what we perceive to be true is in fact true.

Comparing Roger Ailes to Joseph Goebbels is a bit of a stretch there, don't ya think?

Did I say that? I thought I stated my view. I don't, and won't, watch propaganda from the Far Right-wing Fox News Cahnnel. I will, however, watch what Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) has to say on the issues. Bush's legacy is well done by now. And, Anna Nicole Smith should be filling with maggots don't cha think? And those Duke Frat boys... well I hope you can understand why I don't watch that crap. I get my news from the Internet, CNBC and C-Span 1 & 2. That's about it, No Fox. I do, however, watch Lou Dobbs daily and every now and then I catch a bit of Glenn Beck. But, NO FOX NEWS, period. Thanks what Unca Dick watches, and he and I don't see eye-to-eye.

Bush's legacy is well done by now. And, Anna Nicole Smith should be filling with maggots don't cha think? And those Duke Frat boys... well I hope you can understand why I don't watch that crap. I get my news from the Internet, CNBC and C-Span 1 & 2. That's about it, No Fox. I do, however, watch Lou Dobbs daily and every now and then I catch a bit of Glenn Beck. But, NO FOX NEWS, period. Thanks what Unca Dick watches, and he and I don't see eye-to-eye.

Well, Bush's legacy is done in your opinion. His second term has been a disaster, but his first term was pretty good and he still has a 1 1/2 left to recover. So, the jury is still out on him.

Anna Nicole Smith and the Duke Rape Case? That's all Greta Van Susteran and Nancy Grace. All networks have given both cases an equal amount of coverage.

Anyway, Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck are pretty good.

Archived