And you guys accuse US of claiming bogus Championships!

BAMMERPERRY

There's a place on the old causway in Mobile I think it is called Ed's Seafood.The best fried shrimp I have ever eaten.The broiled crab claws are also good.

I'll second that! The Yo Mama's Platter ain't too bad.

Here's a question for all you Birminghamsters...what was the name of that Mexican place at the corner of Highland and 20th that had the great Mexican?

It was a little hole in the wall, sold the Killer Whale, and lots of other stuff. I would walk up there from my office at lunch, have a beer, shoot a little stick on their really lumpy pool tables, and then stroll back.

Out of nostalgia I went back there last year, only to be found it to be replaced by a Curry In A Hurry.

I'm just too young to hate change.

There's a Chipotle across the street from the Kroger now. Corner of Ponce and Ponce Pl. They've got some pretty solid food too - which is somewhat surprising because that chain is owned by McDonalds.

Chipotle is awesome! I never had it (or even heard of it) until I moved to DC. Now I am seriously addicted. The food tastes wonderful, is all made fresh and much of it is organic. The servings are huge and the price is right.

Chipotle was an independent chain that started in Colorado. McDonald's at one time owned a majority of the stock, but has since divested, so there is no connection between Chipotle and Mickey-D's. If any of you ever come across one and have not had it, I highly reccomend trying it.

If Niffer's had burritos or tacos, it would be the best place. However, right now I prefer the chimichangas at Durango on Opelika Road. You get 2 for the price of 1!

Manchas, We use to go there to fortify for the party. The Kller whale was a piece of art. It's also where I fist learned of the habenero (sp) pepper

Manchas! That was it. Do you remember the pool table with the really wrinkly felt? It always added an extra challenge to the game.

If Niffer's had burritos or tacos, it would be the best place. However, right now I prefer the chimichangas at Durango on Opelika Road. You get 2 for the price of 1!

Do they still do $1 beer night?

My favorite order is the Joey Bag of Donuts, no salsa, add sour cream, and add sauteed mushrooms.

By adding the sour cream, you made it a Triple Lindy.

The Joey is probably my favorite. I've been getting Moos just because of the deal that's running. Rice, black beans, steak, cheese, and black olives. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll get rice, black beans, chicken, lettuce, cheese, black olives, hot sauce, and the chipotle ranch sauce. That's a good combination too.

What are some good Mexican restaurants in the HSV area? I've been to Rosie's, it was pretty good. Are there any others?

Casa Blanca. Two restaurants in Huntsville, two in Madison. one in Athens. The fajitas Cozumel are magnificent.

Manchas! That was it. Do you remember the pool table with the really wrinkly felt? It always added an extra challenge to the game.

-------------------------------

with the big pig looking over your sholder! or was it some other animal monted there on the wall?

-------------------------------

with the big pig looking over your sholder! or was it some other animal monted there on the wall?

It was a pig...I remember taking my dates to Manchas before going on to Louie Louie. Either that or Daddy Rawshucks Oyster Bar for the $1/dozen raw oyster specials. I lived in Five Points South, so I could park my car on Friday night and never have to move it until Monday monring. My girlfriend would just show up at the door Friday with a bag and we'd spend the entire weekend hanging out there.

Salsarita's in downtown Homewood is about 5 million times better than Moe's. If you ever get a chance stop by, it is in SoHo.

Do they still do $1 beer night?

Well, for years and years, it was $1 beer all the time. But I am sad to say that they recently raised it to $1.50 beer all the time.

I like Habenero's flauta's! Moes homewrecker is what I like to get when I go there, for cheap mexican I like Taco casa there little taco's rock!

Archived