And you guys accuse US of claiming bogus Championships!

BAMMERPERRY

laugh.gif

1910 6–1 team (Loren Maxwell)

1913 undefeated 8–0 team (Billingsley, James Howell)

1914 undefeated 8–0–1 team (James Howell)

1957 undefeated 10–0 team (Associated Press, Billingsley, Fleming, Football Research, Helms, James Howell, Massey Ratings, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Poling, Sagarin, Sorensen, Williamson, David Wilson)

1958 undefeated 9–0–1 team (Montgomery Full Season Championship)

1983 11–1 team (ARGH, Billingsley, DKC, Eck, FACT, Fleming, Football Research, James Howell, Massey Ratings, New York Times, Nutshell Sports, Sorensen, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson)

1993 undefeated 11–0 team (Harry Frye, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson)

2004 undefeated 13–0 team (Darryl W. Perry, EFI, FansPoll, GBE, Hank Trexler, M Cubed)

I really like Moe's. How long has this chain been around anyways? They've had the one here in Auburn about 4 years now, and they put one in Tiger Town about 8 months ago. Good food, and its pretty healthy too. I love the marinade they use on the steaks. I wish I could figure out what it was because I'd be making fajitas all the time.

What's your favorite item on Moe's menu, and how do you get it? I like several things. The Joey with rice, black beans, steak, cheese, and black olives is the best. I'm lovin this Moo deal right now - for $4 you get a Moo meal with a drink if you have a college ID. The Moo is the perfect size burrito. I also like a JC occasionally with cheese and chicken.

I really like the John Coctostan myself. And, at the Mountain Brook Moe's, you have the added advantage of the Mountain Brook MILFs as eye candy.

Now I'm about to take the family to the Gulf Coast for Spring Break. Anybody else going anywhere else?

I'll eat Moe's when I have to. But it is certainly no substitute for Willy's. They have lots of them in Atlanta and imo put Moe's to shame. Burritos are much bigger and I think they use better quality meat.

But when I can't have Willy's...its a Joey with steak and no beans for me.

Is Moe's a widespread chain in Alabama? I've never heard of them before. Wiley's either. I do love tacos, and would rather make my own than eat the Taco Bell variety.

I really like Moe's. How long has this chain been around anyways? They've had the one here in Auburn about 4 years now, and they put one in Tiger Town about 8 months ago. Good food, and its pretty healthy too. I love the marinade they use on the steaks. I wish I could figure out what it was because I'd be making fajitas all the time.

What's your favorite item on Moe's menu, and how do you get it? I like several things. The Joey with rice, black beans, steak, cheese, and black olives is the best. I'm lovin this Moo deal right now - for $4 you get a Moo meal with a drink if you have a college ID. The Moo is the perfect size burrito. I also like a JC occasionally with cheese and chicken.

The Moe's here in Montgomery is good, but it is expensive (compared to other restaurants that fix the same things). What do you think?

i honestly can't stand moe's. i believe they were sued a few years ago for using the image/likeness of jimi hendrix, janis joplin, bob marley etc. in their stores without permission. their food is never of great quality, they actually charged for extra salsa and the portions of the meat are laughable.

if atlanta folks on this board remember a place on ponce called tortillas (i believe)....that was a great burrito. this was the place across from the kroger, greens package store and the clairmont lounge. man...i miss that place. moe's put in one of their chain stores up the street and my beloved burrito dive went out of business.

sidequestion:

what is on the corner of glenn/dean nowadays? at one point it was a pizza place (the corner that's not the bp, the hastings shopping center or the kroger shopping center), then it became a burrito place for a bit. that place made some damn good burritos.

sidequestion:

what is on the corner of glenn/dean nowadays? at one point it was a pizza place (the corner that's not the bp, the hastings shopping center or the kroger shopping center), then it became a burrito place for a bit. that place made some damn good burritos.

A Wal-Greens.

And there is a CVS on across the street in the Hastings shopping center. A Tenda-Chick on the corner of the Kroger, and the BP is still there.

sidequestion:

When I was at Auburn, I worked at the Turtlers/Blockbuster Music that was across the street from Kroger, right there on Dean.

My favorite steak marinade is superior grille in b'ham. I love their steak fajitas. Its very sweet. And they didn't overcook my steak the couple of times i've been there.

sidequestion:

A Wal-Greens.

And there is a CVS on across the street in the Hastings shopping center. A Tenda-Chick on the corner of the Kroger, and the BP is still there.

Que Pasa! Yeah, they made some great burritos... but I think Walgreen's may have a little more longevity in that location.

The Moe's here in Montgomery is good, but it is expensive (compared to other restaurants that fix the same things). What do you think?

I think its moderately priced. The stuff I usually get is about the same price as Chick Fil A... maybe $0.50-$1.00 more. They have gone up on their prices since the one on Magnolia opened though. About a year and a half ago, everything went up $0.50-$1.00.

I recently tried the soft tacos at Laredos. Holy cow, I've been missing out. I usually eat off the a la carte menu, and 9 times out of ten its the steak burrito. However, the last time I went I got a steak chimichanga and a soft chicken taco. That joker was good! Me and my wife ate there after church today and both got 2 tacos. We got out of there for $7.30 - for two people! That's pretty good...

I'll eat Moe's when I have to. But it is certainly no substitute for Willy's. They have lots of them in Atlanta and imo put Moe's to shame. Burritos are much bigger and I think they use better quality meat.

Willy's is Ok but a bit too spicy for me. Ever had Qdoba? That place trumps all the burrito joints in my opinion. Quality meat, some great queso and prices that beat everyone elses. If you haven't been to one, check it out.

Willy's is Ok but a bit too spicy for me. Ever had Qdoba? That place trumps all the burrito joints in my opinion. Quality meat, some great queso and prices that beat everyone elses. If you haven't been to one, check it out.

I actually went to one 2 years ago last time we played in Athens. Some of my uga friends wanted to go. You are right, it is very good. I wish we had one of those in Auburn. I actually seem to remember thinking it was cheaper than Moes too but I can't be quoted on that. And the cheese dip was great, like u said.

Moe's is part of the Raving Brands franchise that's based out of Atlanta - http://www.ravingbrands.com/

I think Willy's is better than Moes though. Willy's just tastes better to me. And if I hear - "welcome to Moes" again, I'm gonna stick someones face in that steam machine the put the tortillas in.

Raving Brands is turning an Atlanta establishment into a chain - The Flying Biscuit. I hope they don't screw it up. If anybody has eaten at one of the two originals you'll know what I'm talking about.

"if atlanta folks on this board remember a place on ponce called tortillas (i believe)....that was a great burrito. this was the place across from the kroger, greens package store and the clairmont lounge. man...i miss that place. moe's put in one of their chain stores up the street and my beloved burrito dive went out of business."

There's a Chipotle across the street from the Kroger now. Corner of Ponce and Ponce Pl. They've got some pretty solid food too - which is somewhat surprising because that chain is owned by McDonalds.

Moe's is pretty good... it's expensive but it's alright. I usually get the Billy Barou with black beans, steak, lettuce and cheese dip all over a toasty bed of nachos...hmm hmm hmm good stuff

The Moe's here in Atlanta (or at least in my neck of the woods = Snellville) are just not that good. The sad part is that it isn't really the food as much as the people behind the counter.

For that reason I rather go to Willy's.

Qdoba is definitely the best, walkthru, get a burrito the size of a brick restaurant. If you eat at Superior Grill in Bham, get the Crazy Javier. Our band plays there twice a month and I get one just about every show. Dipped in the butter sauce..............uuggggggg (drooling on keyboard like Homer Simpson). :homer:

Moe's is part of the Raving Brands franchise that's based out of Atlanta - http://www.ravingbrands.com/

I think Willy's is better than Moes though. Willy's just tastes better to me. And if I hear - "welcome to Moes" again, I'm gonna stick someones face in that steam machine the put the tortillas in.

Raving Brands is turning an Atlanta establishment into a chain - The Flying Biscuit. I hope they don't screw it up. If anybody has eaten at one of the two originals you'll know what I'm talking about.

"if atlanta folks on this board remember a place on ponce called tortillas (i believe)....that was a great burrito. this was the place across from the kroger, greens package store and the clairmont lounge. man...i miss that place. moe's put in one of their chain stores up the street and my beloved burrito dive went out of business."

There's a Chipotle across the street from the Kroger now. Corner of Ponce and Ponce Pl. They've got some pretty solid food too - which is somewhat surprising because that chain is owned by McDonalds.

I've heard great things about chipotle. If I'm not mistaken, its a chain from out west. Moe's is great if you ask me. Willy's is better, however, I'm almost positive it's more expensive. My favorite order is the Joey Bag of Donuts, no salsa, add sour cream, and add sauteed mushrooms.

There's a place on the old causway in Mobile I think it is called Ed's Seafood.The best fried shrimp I have ever eaten.The broiled crab claws are also good.

My favorite order is the Joey Bag of Donuts, no salsa, add sour cream, and add sauteed mushrooms.

By adding the sour cream, you made it a Triple Lindy.

The Joey is probably my favorite. I've been getting Moos just because of the deal that's running. Rice, black beans, steak, cheese, and black olives. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll get rice, black beans, chicken, lettuce, cheese, black olives, hot sauce, and the chipotle ranch sauce. That's a good combination too.

What are some good Mexican restaurants in the HSV area? I've been to Rosie's, it was pretty good. Are there any others?

What are some good Mexican restaurants in the HSV area? I've been to Rosie's, it was pretty good. Are there any others?

Casa Mexicana. Started out as a small chain of 3 restaurants in the Shoals area. HSV has the only one outside the Shoals that I know of.

Archived