Aprils Fools...Adult Swim style

Ranger12

All week long, Adult Swim in Cartoon Network has been advertising they will premiere Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie tonight at 9 pm before it premieres in theaters on April 13th. For those that have not seen the ad, they even respond to the question "Why would we do this...because we are $%^&*&^%$ crazy."

Well, I kind of suspected some sort of April Fools joke being tied in, as I am sure many others did also. I thought they would do something like they would play the movie in some sort of super fast forward mode, so that the whole thing played in about 10 seconds, so you could not possibly see anything. Well, the done one much better then that. Well, they are playing the movie at regular speed. However, while they are playing their regular programming, such as Futurama, in full screen mode, they are playing the ATHF movie in a very, very small screen in the lower left hand corner with no sound to it, sort of a very small version of picture-in-picture, but you can't see really see the small picture good at all. Ever now and then, they will make the AHTF screen full size just for a few seconds.

Brilliant!

Yea that was pretty good. I wondered if there was someone, somewhere with a tv that zooms in tight trying to record it.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. But, with no sound, what would be the use? For ATHF, you have to hear what Master Shake is saying or else it is just a cartoon.

anyone in boston report this incident to homeland security?

I think they are gonna wait till it has been around a couple of weeks first.

Archived