Auburn Prof blames Bama fan for killing Toomer's Tree

BAMMERPERRY

http://www.theplainsman.com/opinion/your_v...on_and_gambling

The saddest part about it is that he lied.....this wacko HAS to be an Auburn Grad! :roflol:

Honoring landmark tree at Toomer’s Corner

Editor, The Auburn Plainsman:

I read with a great deal of sadness the article about the pending death of the famous tree at Toomer’s Corner.

Although I am not an Auburn graduate myself ( :roflol: ), I have often seen and enjoyed the great tradition that this tree represents here during my time on Auburn’s faculty.

It was particularly poignant to me to learn that the old tree is dying because I was witness to the drunk driving accident that will eventually cost the tree its life.

On that day, a wild maniac, far under the influence of alcohol and idiocy, blasted his brown pickup truck through town, down Magnolia, screaming into a left turn onto College, ignoring pedestrians, speed limits, stop lights, other traffic and stationary objects along the street.

The wild man lost control of his truck right at Toomer’s Corner, and slammed into the tree, miraculously missing any students, faculty or passersby who were there.

A young policeman came immediately to the scene, where Mr. Redneck, complete with University of Alabama ball cap and Alabama decals on his now demolished alky-mobile, got out and took swings at the law enforcement officer. It was a memorable and enraging sorry spectacle to behold!

If there is any consolation we may take from the death of our beloved old tree, it is that she gave her all and her life for Auburn to the last.

She stood proud as the University of Alabama’s finest threatened the life and body of our people at Auburn and saved us here as she brought him to a fitting and humiliating demise.

I hope the current or incoming President will see fit to order a permanent marker or plaque for her so future generations can remember her glory and sacrifice.

Howard L. Thomas

associate professor

polymer and fiber engineering

landmark tree at Toomer’s Corner

http://www.theplainsman.com/opinion/your_v...on_and_gambling

The saddest part about it is that he lied.....this wacko HAS to be an Auburn Grad! :roflol:

Honoring landmark tree at Toomer’s Corner

Editor, The Auburn Plainsman:

I read with a great deal of sadness the article about the pending death of the famous tree at Toomer’s Corner.

Although I am not an Auburn graduate myself ( :roflol: ), I have often seen and enjoyed the great tradition that this tree represents here during my time on Auburn’s faculty.

It was particularly poignant to me to learn that the old tree is dying because I was witness to the drunk driving accident that will eventually cost the tree its life.

On that day, a wild maniac, far under the influence of alcohol and idiocy, blasted his brown pickup truck through town, down Magnolia, screaming into a left turn onto College, ignoring pedestrians, speed limits, stop lights, other traffic and stationary objects along the street.

The wild man lost control of his truck right at Toomer’s Corner, and slammed into the tree, miraculously missing any students, faculty or passersby who were there.

A young policeman came immediately to the scene, where Mr. Redneck, complete with University of Alabama ball cap and Alabama decals on his now demolished alky-mobile, got out and took swings at the law enforcement officer. It was a memorable and enraging sorry spectacle to behold!

If there is any consolation we may take from the death of our beloved old tree, it is that she gave her all and her life for Auburn to the last.

She stood proud as the University of Alabama’s finest threatened the life and body of our people at Auburn and saved us here as she brought him to a fitting and humiliating demise.

I hope the current or incoming President will see fit to order a permanent marker or plaque for her so future generations can remember her glory and sacrifice.

Howard L. Thomas

associate professor

polymer and fiber engineering

landmark tree at Toomer’s Corner

So why exactly do you find this humorous? The sentence that you emboldened and appended with a ( :roflol: ) would only be funny to a bammer, with their insestial obsession with "keeping it in the family."

From there I'm totally lost as to why you think this article is funny. Because of the class displayed by this typical bammer in this story? Do you think the bammer's actions were cool, and this snoody professor just doesn't get the joys of driving drunk until you hit a tree then start swinging fists at law enforcement officers?

That being said, one of my favorite seasonal beers is the Rogue Chocolate Stout.

I'm confused as well. But that isn't rare, since this post is by a Bama fan because they never make sense.

Who lied? Where did they lie? Why does he have to be an Auburn grad? And what's so funny?

i don't get into the seasonal beers myself, but i have recently discovered the 'woodchuck raspberry cider' and it's excellent.

what say you all?

delusions...got to love them.

Howard L. Thomas, Jr., an Assistant Professor of Textile Engineering at Auburn, joined the faculty in 1996 from ITT. He received a Ph.D. in textile and polymer science from Clemson in 1991 and a M.S. in textiles from Georgia Tech. He is the USA editor for International Textile Bulletin and has industrial experience with Sulzer-Ruti, Springs Industries, J. P. Stevens and Cone Mills. Howard's research interests include weaving machine redesign and process consolidation, recycled fibers for nonwovens and ballistic resistant fabrics.

here it is, clear as day.

and here

Very Rarely do Profs teach at the school they received their Undergrad or Grad from... I can't think of ANY of my profs that have... wait thats not true... Mr. King my Music Appreciation Prof went to Auburn.

There are 18 CSSE profs and 1 got his PHD at Auburn (not even undergrad)...

In Bama's CSSE dept there are 13 profs and 1 got a PHD and 2 MS's at Bama...

Its common place to not get your 3 degrees from the same place if you want to be a prof and moreover its rare to get 3 degrees and then teach at that school.

Dope

Very Rarely do Profs teach at the school they received their Undergrad or Grad from... I can't think of ANY of my profs that have... wait thats not true... Mr. King my Music Appreciation Prof went to Auburn.

There are 18 CSSE profs and 1 got his PHD at Auburn (not even undergrad)...

In Bama's CSSE dept there are 13 profs and 1 got a PHD and 2 MS's at Bama...

Its common place to not get your 3 degrees from the same place if you want to be a prof and moreover its rare to get 3 degrees and then teach at that school.

Dope

depends on what department you're in, i suppose. a good number of my graphic design professors got their bfa's from auburn, but all got their mfa's elsewhere. bammerperineum wouldn't have any idea where the professors in tuscaloosa got their degrees. he couldn't even find the place on a map.

You will all have to forgive Bama Perry. Like all Bama fans, he probably didn't attend the Univerisity and therefore wouldn't know that professors for the most part don't stay at the same university they received a degree from.

You will all have to forgive Bama Perry. Like all Bama fans, he probably didn't attend the Univerisity...

Just like me, huh?

That's right, Champ. None of us have attended/are attending Alabama. Keep telling yourself that.

CRAB MEAT SPREAD

1-8oz Cream Cheese

1 tbsp Worcestershire

1 tbsp grated onion

Dash of Garlic salt

2 tbsp Mayo

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp horseradish

1 can lump crab meat – drained and blotted

1 jar cocktail sauce

Mix first seven ingredients together to smooth consistency. Spread thin layer over pan or dish. Top with cocktail sauce. Top with crab meat.

Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.

You will all have to forgive Bama Perry. Like all Bama fans, he probably didn't attend the Univerisity...

Just like me, huh?

That's right, Champ. None of us have attended/are attending Alabama. Keep telling yourself that.

\

No but someone who knows that little about Universities in general most likely didn't attend anything let alone Bama. Everyone who has set foot in a classroom with a real professor realizes that you don't have a professor saying stuff like, "I've been at Auburn for my entire life and I would never go anywhere else!" Those kind of professors don't get hired.. Most of the time they like not having incestuous professors. Usually they want someone who has different viewpoints (at least 2 different universities) when hiring...

Auburn has a very strict rule regarding getting your grad. degrees from a place other than AU to teach at AU. I could see most of our Profs not having AU degrees using that rule. It prevents tunnel vision/inbred academics.

Just like me, huh?

Win, I usually like your posts. I didn't say all... I said most. And not necessarily with this board. Bama fans in general

Wait, is the tree coming down?

Did a Bama fan really run into it?

Well sort of. Not right away. Here's the article the professor was writing in about.

Landmark Toomer's trees dying

i don't get into the seasonal beers myself, but i have recently discovered the 'woodchuck raspberry cider' and it's excellent.

what say you all?

I like Killian Red. Don't know if you'd call it a seasonal beer. I mean, basically, I stick with some of the Mex beers, like XX, and Guiness. :)

:au::homer:

I really like Sweetwater's Festive Ale. Also some others that I like that are in the "seasonal brew" category Sierra Nevada Bigfoot and Celebration Ale.

Incidentally, none of these are available in Alabama due to the 6% law.

The Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer is some damn good stuff.

I'll second that.

Just don't drink too much of it and drive a brown pickup truck with a Bammer cap on, or PC BammerPerry will swear you are lying...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Just like me, huh?

We don't believe you are real.

Archived