Everyone point at Quinn and laugh

SouthLink02

I've never been impressed with Brady... Just thought he was to cocky and confident when he didn't need to be....

His gf or whoever... I'll pass looked like a plastic fake barbie to me...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to admit, I laughed a little. And pointed some, too.

Not so much at Quinn, but at the draft "experts" going nuclear that nobody was taking the greatest football player ever to grace the field. Quinn never impressed me. He looked like a molten turd in games of consequence. I also was amused by his cocky preening on the pre-draft shows. No question he thought of himself as the number one guy. He couldn't understand why there was any question about it. I wonder if he understands now. I'm sorry, stuffed shirts, but there's something just a tad satisfying about watching somebody's self-inflated balloon getting popped.

As an Oakland fan from way back, I was disheartened to see the franchise select Russell. Al Davis' hand has been on the handle for years. With today's pick, he pushed it and heard the KAAA-WHOOOOSH sound that signified the any hope for the future swirling down the bowl. If Russell is the best player available, I'm an amphibious astronaut.

what was real funny was after he got picked, they kept going back and back and back about "BRADY QUINN IS A BROWN!" making such a big deal out of it. they were showing more of him than they were of russell being picked. i bet by pick 11 panic was widespread at ESPN, everyone in the building was simultaneously smashing the "easy" buttons on their desks, etc. by pick 20, i bet there were a couple of jumpers from the top floor.....

jesus you guys are harsh, you know if quinn wasn't notre dame's quarterback you guys woudn't even care. everybody gives brady crap about not winning the big game. well it's hard to win the big game when you have notre dame's defense! i actually think brady will do well in the nfl and i hope he does. the kid is being pigeon holed by the media. he has the talent let the kid play. i garuntee that is mr. quinn played in the sec he would be praised

jesus you guys are harsh, you know if quinn wasn't notre dame's quarterback you guys woudn't even care. everybody gives brady crap about not winning the big game. well it's hard to win the big game when you have notre dame's defense! i actually think brady will do well in the nfl and i hope he does. the kid is being pigeon holed by the media. he has the talent let the kid play. i garuntee that is mr. quinn played in the sec he would be praised benched

fixed that for ya, sally.

For those calling Quinn cocky, you do realize he is a QB don't you? A little arrogance is needed at the position. But then again, some people always mistake confidence as arrogance. I can't really speak of his character because I don't know him personally as apparently some of you do. :poke:

As a Dolphins fan, when I got him yesterday evening and found out they passed on Quinn, I was pissed. We need a QB and it would have really been nice to get a young one that could be there for a few years. I think Steve Young said it best that it is going to take a young QB with a lot of confidence to walk past that statue of Dan Marino almost every day and be successful. Since Marino has retired, we have had about 10 QBs that have started at that position. Maybe Quinn's "cockiness" is what we needed since the other QBs we have had played like timid deer.

Quinn does have some areas that he will need to work on, like putting more zip on his passes. I always noticed that anything he threw over ten yards did not have a lot of velocity. I think I heard somebody last night on the draft day review say it was because he throws off his back foot instead of stepping when he throws. If that is the case, an NFL coach should fix something like that no problem.

As far as any laughing goes, Otter said the same thing I was thinking, you may laugh at him for getting drafted so low, but all he has to say is "paycheck" and then who would be laughing now? I am like G2 and think it is pretty funny on how the so called experts screwed up. Where do I go to apply for that job?

Quinn does have some areas that he will need to work on, like putting more zip on his passes. I always noticed that anything he threw over ten yards did not have a lot of velocity. I think I heard somebody last night on the draft day review say it was because he throws off his back foot instead of stepping when he throws. If that is the case, an NFL coach should fix something like that no problem.

But, but, but.... he played for Charlie Weis in college. You know, the greatest coach ever, the guy who could take over any NFL team and lead it to eleventy nine Super Bowls in a row! To say that there is something wrong with Quinn's mechanics that might require some coaching is to denigrate the magnificent job Weiss has done at the golden dome. How DARE you!!

I was amazed as Mel Kiper was trying to argue about some WR who had a slightly better 40 time then another WR and keyshawn johnson was like "Man, that little difference means nothing in then NFL with pads on....there are more things then just 40 times...."

And instead of listening to someone who has actually played football....Kiper just continues disagreeing with him saying that 40 time makes a HUGE difference in their careers.

i'll kick him while he's down

should have left him on display for the 4 hours he wasn't picked. they did it to aaron rogers and no one cared. they (espn) mocked him more or less.

would it suck to be in that situation, very much. he's in the nfl now, not college. he shouldn't have been given sanctuary from the big bad tv camers and reality. i thought he was going to go to miami but ohh well. just like his college career in the "big games," he failed. he can be a demigod in print and talk but when it comes time to step up...reality sets in and he fails. putting him into a private room so we couldn't sit and laugh at him would be the equivlent of giving him a 5th quarter or a do-over vs. usc, lsu, meechegan etc.

And, did you notice Brady Quinn's lower lip was starting to stick out, just like a 3 year old kid that didn't get his way?

Not so much at Quinn, but at the draft "experts" going nuclear that nobody was taking the greatest football player ever to grace the field. Quinn never impressed me. He looked like a molten turd in games of consequence. I also was amused by his cocky preening on the pre-draft shows. No question he thought of himself as the number one guy. He couldn't understand why there was any question about it. I wonder if he understands now. I'm sorry, stuffed shirts, but there's something just a tad satisfying about watching somebody's self-inflated balloon getting popped.

As an Oakland fan from way back, I was disheartened to see the franchise select Russell. Al Davis' hand has been on the handle for years. With today's pick, he pushed it and heard the KAAA-WHOOOOSH sound that signified the any hope for the future swirling down the bowl. If Russell is the best player available, I'm an amphibious astronaut.

Who would have you wanted the Raiders to draft?

I really hope everyone here is just taking shots at Quinn because he's a pretty boy from Notre Dame....

In all seriousness, he just got handed one of the best situations he could have asked for. He has a chance to compete for the starting position within two years, has an experienced RB, a brand new state of the art Left Tackle, and a reliable receiver. Now, the head coach might bite but there's a good chance he could get fired next season, which means by the time a new head coach has settled in, Quinn will have had two or three seasons of experience. Not to mention that he was coached by Charlie Weiss, who although may not be the best HC, is still a great QB coach. His situation may not be as good as it could have been in Miami but it's still a good place for him to be.

I'll wait 4.5 hours longer than I expected to and let you laugh at me if someone's going to pay me millions of dollars at the end of it to play for the team I grew up cheering for. Sad life, this kid.

I would sell my soul to al davis. After all we are both sons of Isaac.

There wasn't a true standout number one guy out there. Of the players said to be at the top of the draft I liked Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas and Adrian Peterson. Other than that you could pick anybody in the top 150 or so and be about the same. I didn't see a dime's worth of difference between the first and sixth round guys. You should draft to needs and forget everything else.

The drafts are rare where there's a Bo, Earl Campbell or Reggie who are clearly (to everyone but the Houston Texans) at a level above all the others. Jamarcus Russell? Please. He reminds me of a dud quarterback who used to play at Alabama named Vince Sutton.

I really hope everyone here is just taking shots at Quinn because he's a pretty boy from Notre Dame....

In all seriousness, he just got handed one of the best situations he could have asked for. He has a chance to compete for the starting position within two years, has an experienced RB, a brand new state of the art Left Tackle, and a reliable receiver. Now, the head coach might bite but there's a good chance he could get fired next season, which means by the time a new head coach has settled in, Quinn will have had two or three seasons of experience. Not to mention that he was coached by Charlie Weiss, who although may not be the best HC, is still a great QB coach. His situation may not be as good as it could have been in Miami but it's still a good place for him to be.

it's well known the best draft situation is losing 17 million by being drafted 22nd by the team that was supposed to pick you 3rd.

wonderful logic.

I don't have a strong opinion on the guy, but found this interesting:

Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn confirmed his agent, Tom Condon, has had preliminary contract talks with the Raiders, who hold the No. 1 overall pick. Last year, there was a lot of talk about "signability" for the Texans in selecting DE Mario Williams over RB Reggie Bush after striking a deal with Williams the night before the draft.

"(Oakland) sent some kind of contract where they started negotiating, talking about numbers and things like that," Quinn said. "I can't really go into depth about all of that stuff because my agent handles that. I was working out earlier in the morning and then going around doing a bunch of things like this, so it's been tough to keep track."

LSU QB JaMarcus Russell said his agent hasn't heard from the Raiders about a contract, though it's likely he was simply being coy about the matter. Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson said he's unsure if his agent had talked numbers with Oakland. Neither player seemed overly concerned that Quinn was telling reporters his agent is talking contract.

And the Brady Quinn bobo-honking continues: Link Best Picks of the draft?! Well, he missed out on the Heisman but never fear -- in two seasons, he'll be an All-Pro caliber QB(!)

it's well known the best draft situation is losing 17 million by being drafted 22nd by the team that was supposed to pick you 3rd.

wonderful logic.

I really hope you're not one of those that dislikes the NFL because the players are all about the money....

I tend to watch football for the football aspect of it instead of how much money each player is receiving. To me, how much money he lost by being picked 22nd is moot. How well the situation is for him in Cleveland is relevant. Also, I don't think being a (late) first round quarterback in the NFL is going to force him to live on Beenie Weenies.

I didn't see the TV coverage Saturday because I was running 100 different places. Listened on the radio. Colin Cowpie was hosting. (And he's quickly become the most God-awful radio personality out there. He's WRONG about EVERYTHING)

It was incredible how much all of them were wrong about virtually every pick after the first two. And listening to them for 15 minutes talk about how Brady Quinn will fit in at Miami, who he'll be a back up to, how he fits in their system, where he'll live in Miami, what he'll eat in Miami, what sunblock he'll use in Miami and now let's go to the podium and hear them announce Brady to Miami.

With the 9th pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select.....Ted Ginn, Jr. Ohio State.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I didn't see the TV coverage Saturday because I was running 100 different places. Listened on the radio. Colin Cowpie was hosting. (And he's quickly become the most God-awful radio personality out there. He's WRONG about EVERYTHING)

He's Don Imus without the racism. Not funny, but has an inflated opinion of himself.

You guys are terrible. I'm not gonna laugh at a guy who is about to sign a 7 figure NFL contract. Sure, Brady Quinn didn't go as high as expected but financially, he'll be better off than 99.9% of college grads out there.

So that begs the question, who's really laughing at who?

CC was trying to act all knowledgable about every player (Knowing he'd never heard of 3/4 of them) and you could tell he was just reading off a cue card or computer screen.

"Yea, Jimbo Spanarklewitz, the big left tackle from Slippery Rock started the year catching the eye of many of the scouts; however, an ankle injury slowed him down the last 5 games....and I really didn't think he was as productive late in the year. What about you guys?"

STFU Cowpatty, you can't even pronounce his name.

wonderful logic.

I really hope you're not one of those that dislikes the NFL because the players are all about the money....

I tend to watch football for the football aspect of it instead of how much money each player is receiving. To me, how much money he lost by being picked 22nd is moot. How well the situation is for him in Cleveland is relevant. Also, I don't think being a (late) first round quarterback in the NFL is going to force him to live on Beenie Weenies.

i love the nfl. i'm the one that doesn't care so much what they do off the field.

i doubt brady will be eating spam and pb&j either. brady was supposed to go to the raiders, browns or dolphins...at worst. the raiders pick wasn't a big deal, the browns pick was mildly a big deal and the fins picking a gimped up wr to to catch balls from a gimped up qb...that was a slap in the face. i can understand you not caring about the money but you cannot say that losing 17 million dollars (estimated) in any way, shape or form is not a big deal. his situation might be great for where he's going, but he had one of the worst draft experiences i can think of in a long, long time.

Eh, I am still going to laugh at the cocky SOB

obviously.

Let it go, 88. We all know you were embarrassed in the Greene thread years ago but it's time to let it go. :lol:

If I were holding onto something I would let it go.

What in the name of God's green earth this has to do with the greene thread somewhere other than in your mind is beyond me.

This thread is more about you having an inferiority complex with Quinn and feeling the need to enjoy his extreme disappointment in order to feel better about yourself. I understand your embarrassment at being called out on it. Drag up threads from 4 years ago if you must.

Relax, I'm sure you'll have some friends here in a minute to celebrate quinns "failure".

who needs to relax here?

what's funny is espn's meltdown about quinn not being picked. the talking heads are the ones that have always inflated quinn's abilities to the status he's known for. the guy never beat a good team. he's famous for ALMOST winning a few big games. how many other quarterbacks do you know that receive that kind of hype on a team that just can't hang in anyone's book but abc's? he's just not all the hype has him pegged to be, and nfl teams can see that, obviously.

I wasn't talking to you and therefore these statements weren't directed to you. I'm not even remotely close to being upset so there is no need to relax. I just made some very calm statements and several already have their panties wadded up over it.

I'm not here to defend quinn (have little opinion or interest in the guy) and who really gaf how much espn kissed his butt?

Yeah, there's baises at espn. Big freaking whippty do. They play to the masses like all major media does. Get over it.

you sound like someone losing a silly argument, sir.

Whatever man. Like I said, wasn't talking to you. Comments weren't directed at you. If I lost an argument I never started then whatever. :rolleyes:

Archived