Join the GBAC and David Housel for a Book Signing - PLEASE PIN!

Dear Auburn Fans,

We have some exciting news about an incredible new book on Auburn football and a way to benefit the Greater Birmingham Auburn Club Scholarship Fund. Come join us and David Housel on Friday, June 8, at 6 p.m. for his first book signing at The Alabama Booksmith in Homewood celebrating Housel's new book called The Auburn Football Vault. Thanks to the generosity of Jake Reiss of The Alabama Booksmith, the Greater Birmingham Auburn Club will receive 10 percent of all sales of the book at the event, or sold online through their Web site.

The book is put together like a scrapbook. You can actually remove replicas of Auburn memorabilia such as the score card from Auburn's first game against Alabama in 1893, or a copy of the FIRST TIME EVER ticket from the 1989 Iron Bowl. If you collect Auburn memorabilia, this is a MUST HAVE ITEM for your collection. The TREASURE contained in this book is truely amazing! You might have to purchase two books, one for the items you will frame and another to keep!

If you are unable to attend the event, you can order now and receive a personalized signed copy by Housel, the dean of Auburn football historians, with an introduction by coach Tommy Tuberville. For more information on how to receive your personalized signed copy, contact Jake Reiss at (205) 870-4242. CLICK HERE to order your signed copy through The Alabama Booksmith!

I ask that you forward this e-mail to all your Auburn friends. Not only is the book a great gift for any Auburn fan, but you will have the satisfaction that your order will help a student from Jefferson or Shelby County achieve their dream to attend and receive a degree from Auburn University!

Thanks, and War Eagle!

Dr. S. Mark Pelham, President

Greater Birmingham Auburn Club

Do you think that David lost some of his respect after the jetgate incident? He retired right after that. I still think he is a great Auburn Man, and has done a tremendous work for the univeristy.

Do you think that David lost some of his respect after the jetgate incident? He retired right after that. I still think he is a great Auburn Man, and has done a tremendous work for the univeristy.

I think David loves Auburn with all of his heart. But I also think he was in over his head as AD.

David Housel is a loyal and dedicated Auburn man who has done many great things for Auburn. I was sickened when he had to step down due to unfortunate circumstances. He did a fantastic job for Auburn.

Guest Major Major

I think David loves Auburn with all of his heart. But I also think he was in over his head as AD.

Your insight and opinion is amazing.

It's like we were separated at birth. Of course, you are much older than me, so we know that is not the case.

David Housel is a loyal and dedicated Auburn man who has done many great things for Auburn. I was sickened when he had to step down due to unfortunate circumstances. He did a fantastic job for Auburn.

By unfortunate circumstances, I assume you mean sneaking up to Louisville while he still had a head coach on the payroll ?

Your insight and opinion is amazing.

It's like we were separated at birth. Of course, you are much older than me, so we know that is not the case.

Thanks, MG.

Once you hit 40, it doesn't really matter anymore. You'll find out. Soon.

I am not a big fan of Housel, but just as LT and MG pointed out, his love for AU can't be questioned, but his decisions as AD were less then stellar. He did do some good things as AD, but he also made some of the biggest boneheaded moves in AU history as AD also.

I do not question his love for Auburn, AT ALL. But I am sickened of his involvement in Jetgate and cannot even stand to hear him on the radio anymore. He truly disappointed me and sickened me.

Archived