Romney Jabs Bush

TexasTiger

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Romney, in jab at Bush, bemoans damage to U.S. image overseas

By GLEN JOHNSON

Associated Press Writer

BEDFORD, N.H. (AP) — Republican Mitt Romney on Wednesday jabbed at President Bush, saying the image of the United States has suffered globally based on the perception that it invaded Iraq unilaterally.

Addressing civic and business leaders, the former Massachusetts governor chided Bush as his fellow Republican traveled overseas for an economic summit and a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, who has been critical of U.S. efforts to install a missile defense shield in Europe.

"I do think that we have suffered over the past several years for a number of reasons, and I think you probably know what they are," Romney said, citing the absence of strong international support in the lead-up to the war.

"There has been the perception that we have not been as open and participative with other nations as is our normal approach," he said.

"Normal"...ouch.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...NEWS81/70606055

Yeah. We got tired of the normal "we will kiss your as for nothing" approach.

The world is upset because we are no longer the UN's toy. Leaders such as Libya's got wind that there was a new policy afoot. He figured it might behoove him not to be next. I liked it then. I like it now. The only thing the world wants from us is our money. After that it's sit down and shut up, beyotch.

Archived