Great day for Alabama

BamaGrad03

Now that Scrushy is behind bars. He absolutley RUINED Healthsouth, and when being a multi multi multi millionaire wasn't enough, he screwed the hard working people of Alabama out of money and jobs....just so he could buy another jet, or another 15 million dollar lakehouse.

I know this was a roundabout way of getting Richard, but I'm happy to see it go down. They guy belongs behind bars. And he would have been behind bars a LONG time ago...but he was savvy enough to join a black church, get a local access station to run his "Christian" show and get a bunch of local black people of faith on there, and give a ton of money to the black community...ALL AFTER HE GOT INDICTED. This man used God, and absolutely walked all over the backs of the black community, all to get out of jail.

Well this case was tried in Montgomery, thank God. And now Richard can't fake pray his way out of jail. Having worked with Richard first hand, I can say, I'm a little happier tonight. Knowing how he treated people who worked for him, knowing how he abused the system, and knowing the damage he did to this great state...all makes me sad that this didn't happen 2 years ago.

Well Richard, guess you won't be using that private jet for the next 6 years. I hope it was worth it.

Scrushy and Siegelman were convicted and now sentenced. :thumbsup:

But I wonder how the appeal will go. :(

Now I will take a moment to rant about several others who should be in prison for a long, long time. Several more from the Birmingham Water Works & possibly the board as well. Quite a few from the two year college system in the state need a vacation in Kilby.

I agree. Seems as if their convictions and sentencing is already having some effect! Get them too! :thumbsup:

Bishop, Shelton state presidents to retireMONTGOMERY - Two community college presidents whose schools are under criminal investigation agreed Thursday to retire rather than be fired, as system officials released new reports of problems at the colleges

Birmingham News, Friday, June 29th

Well, it seems as if this state is finally not tolerating corruption. It's taken awhile, hasn't it?

Three cheers for Bob Riley, who seems to be continuing his quest to clean out state government. He, and the Birmingham News who blew the lid off the Junior College thing in the first place. Everybody knew the system was corrupt, but nobody dared to do anything about it for years.

To me, the entire mess was a nice little metaphor for what the Democratic Party did to this state for 110 years after Reconstruction. The Dims had complete control of the state during that period and look what they did for us: Horrible education, vulnerable economy, corrupt and inefficient government, good old boy patronage, a state constitution that would be a laughingstock in Central America, racism and racial oppression, sweetheart deals with timber interests, a grotesque junior college system, etc. etc. etc. And the list goes on. Somebody please explain to me why we should entrust the Alabama Democratic Party with power again?

While I'll credit Folsom for getting things rolling with Mercedes, Riley is the one who has really moved things forward with economic expansion. For example, if trends continue, Alabama's per-capita income will exceed that of Michigan within three years--shocking testimony to how far this state has come since 2000. If the next governor doesn't screw things up, you will not recognize this state in 15 years because of what he's done. Yeah, he's had a hiccup here and there, but so far his record has been nothing short of astonishing. When it's all said and done, we need to erect a monument to the man.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with all of you here, not so much on Scrushy but on the rest.

Sometimes things are not as they seem. Far be it from me to rally to the support of the democratic party, but there's a witch hunt afoot. This isn't about "corruption" this is about money, politics and power. And that's all I really want to say about that.

I don't really know much about the whole political conspiracy theory. But I do know that Scrushy belongs in prison.

For that result, I am happy.

I don't really know much about the whole political conspiracy theory. But I do know that Scrushy belongs in prison.

For that result, I am happy.

Saban belongs in prison, too.

Archived