Letter Thanking Senator

AUman43

I couldn't help myself!June 29, 2007

Senator Jeff Sessions

335 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20510

Senator Sessions:

I just wanted to take the time to both congratulate you and thank you for your work to defeat a really bad Immigration Reform Bill. I along with others had begun to wonder what in the world was going on in Washington that our President was “pushing” a bill that was unenforceable, unfair, and economically and socially unsound. Above all, it was totally against the will of the American people!

I would hope that you would assert yourself in the next effort to formulate and present a truly fair and equitable Immigration Reform Bill that the American people would endorse as “sane and fair.” Of course, with politics being what they are, I can understand why you wouldn’t want to become involved in this “nasty” task. However, the American people need you and your wisdom because the present system isn’t working.

Having watched this issue closely for over a year now, as well as watched the polls and suggestions from many, I would like to suggest the following receive paramount consideration in the formulation of any new legislation:

1. FULLY SECURE OUR BORDERS AND PORTS. Without that security, which we don’t now have, there can be no control of immigration and, therefore, no meaningful reform of immigration law. Americans know that our borders are not being protected as they should and see evidence of it each and every night on the national news. Tighter border enforcement was promised to Americans twenty-one years ago when he granted amnesty to over 3,000,000,000 illegal immigrants in order to “come out of the darkness into the light.” Well, the American people have had the same rhetoric placed before them again and they didn’t buy it. Can you blame them after 12,000,000,000 more have come in the same way?

2. ENFORCE EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAWS, AND THAT INCLUDES THE PROSECUTION OF THE EMPLOYERS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS. As Sen. Claire McCaskill, D- Missouri, put it, illegal employers are the “magnet” that draws illegal aliens across our border. We cannot force the Mexican government to improve living and working conditions within that country, but we can and must begin to strongly enforce the laws against illegal employers and illegal aliens at large in the country. Again, Americans know very well that no serious effort has been made by Washington to ensure that illegal employers are apprehended, charged and prosecuted for violations of our immigration laws! Americans feel that they are being sold out by our legislators who are now serving special interests and big corporations rather than those people who elected them! (Please check on the poll conducted by Lou Dobbs on June 26th)

3. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD FUND, EQUIP AND HIRE THE PEOPLE NECESSARY TO MAN THE CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE. This action will mean bolstering the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency, which is currently understaffed, full of corruption and needs additional high tech equipment to adequately enforce immigration laws. To do so will ensure that the agency is capable of fully executing and administering lawful immigration into the United States and eliminating the shameful backlog of millions of people who are seeking legal entry into this Country. The slow process for immigrants becoming legal U.S. Citizens is partly to blame for the huge number of immigrants trying to enter the U.S. Illegally. More qualified and dedicated immigration employees could facilitate a reduction in this backlog and relieve immigration pressure.

4. ESTABLISH A WORKABLE QUOTA OR NUMBER OF ALIENS THAT SHOULD BE ADMITTED TO THIS COUNTRY EACH YEAR. At present, there seems to be no knowledge of just how many immigrants this country can handle in any given time period. Considering the pressure immigrants put on our educational systems, fire and police protection, social services and health care industries alone, should dictate that some “sane” numbers be established and enforced! Americans also know this is NOT being done at the present time and expect it to be done. Many of us find it strange that the Heritage Foundation estimated that some $2,600,000,000,000 would have been needed to cover the retirement benefits of 12,000,000,000 illegal aliens if this amnesty bill had been passed, and yet the Government doesn’t seem concerned enough to act on our behalf!

5. PASS LEGISLATION THAT DESIGNATES ENGLISH AS THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THIS NATION. Americans are sick and tired of having to press one for English in their own country! They are tired of their schools being forced to teach Spanish to their children while many students have trouble learning their own native language, just to accommodate illegal residents. Perhaps you should talk to people employed in the service sectors such as repairmen, telephone and television installers, paramedics, police and firemen and see what a strain it puts on them to respond to requests for service to illegals who refuse to learn our language! They feel as if they have been betrayed and deserted by their own government and I can’t blame them.

According to surveys, some 84% of Americans say English should be the official language of government operations and even 71% of Hispanics agree. However, as you know, Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic Majority Leader, called an amendment to make English the official language an act of prejudice and declared bluntly: “This amendment is racist.” Senator, this man is very typical of a Washington Politician who is both OUT OF TOUCH with voters as well as totally defiant and indifferent to the desire of the majority of the American people. His type has their days in Washington numbered as they should be. (he will be voted out)

6. Finally, HOLD OPEN HEARINGS, HAVE MEANINGUL DEBATE, and LISTEN TO THE WILL OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. This is NOT rocket science, but rather common sense…which seems to be so lacking today in Washington. This bill was conceived, nurtured and born in SECRECY! It didn’t warrant public trust from the git-go and never received it. Instead, it simply angered the American voter. Our President had already damaged public trust with his Iraqi war policy and stubborn refusal to “adjust course” as well as his corrupt administration and attempt to privatize social security. (All of which was vehemently opposed by the American voter) This attitude and conduct has damaged the Republican Party more than you know and has virtually opened the door for liberal democrats to “waltz into the White House and take control of Congress! Perhaps the old adage “Absolute power corrupts absolutely” is very appropriate! Another refers to “Potomac fever.”

Thanks again for your help and I hope you will take to heart some of my suggestions, none of which were hastily made and find humor in some of my comments as well as some reality. I hope to hear from you…

Sincerely

We could save ourselves a lot of trouble and open up some really cool vacation areas if we'd just invade and conquer Mexico. Could probably make four or five states out of it. Should have done that years ago.

Hey, that's a pretty darn good idea.....Then we could hire only English speaking Mexicans as servants, bellhops, bartenders, :big: bus boys, etc.

We could save ourselves a lot of trouble and open up some really cool vacation areas if we'd just invade and conquer Mexico. Could probably make four or five states out of it. Should have done that years ago.

I don't know. It didn't work in Puerto Rico.

BTW, good letter AUman. I hope you mailed it.

I couldn't help myself!June 29, 2007

Senator Jeff Sessions

335 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20510

Senator Sessions:

I just wanted to take the time to both congratulate you and thank you for your work to defeat a really bad Immigration Reform Bill. I along with others had begun to wonder what in the world was going on in Washington that our President was “pushing” a bill that was unenforceable, unfair, and economically and socially unsound. Above all, it was totally against the will of the American people!

I would hope that you would assert yourself in the next effort to formulate and present a truly fair and equitable Immigration Reform Bill that the American people would endorse as “sane and fair.” Of course, with politics being what they are, I can understand why you wouldn’t want to become involved in this “nasty” task. However, the American people need you and your wisdom because the present system isn’t working.

Having watched this issue closely for over a year now, as well as watched the polls and suggestions from many, I would like to suggest the following receive paramount consideration in the formulation of any new legislation:

1. FULLY SECURE OUR BORDERS AND PORTS. Without that security, which we don’t now have, there can be no control of immigration and, therefore, no meaningful reform of immigration law. Americans know that our borders are not being protected as they should and see evidence of it each and every night on the national news. Tighter border enforcement was promised to Americans twenty-one years ago when he granted amnesty to over 3,000,000,000 illegal immigrants in order to “come out of the darkness into the light.” Well, the American people have had the same rhetoric placed before them again and they didn’t buy it. Can you blame them after 12,000,000,000 more have come in the same way?

2. ENFORCE EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAWS, AND THAT INCLUDES THE PROSECUTION OF THE EMPLOYERS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS. As Sen. Claire McCaskill, D- Missouri, put it, illegal employers are the “magnet” that draws illegal aliens across our border. We cannot force the Mexican government to improve living and working conditions within that country, but we can and must begin to strongly enforce the laws against illegal employers and illegal aliens at large in the country. Again, Americans know very well that no serious effort has been made by Washington to ensure that illegal employers are apprehended, charged and prosecuted for violations of our immigration laws! Americans feel that they are being sold out by our legislators who are now serving special interests and big corporations rather than those people who elected them! (Please check on the poll conducted by Lou Dobbs on June 26th)

3. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD FUND, EQUIP AND HIRE THE PEOPLE NECESSARY TO MAN THE CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE. This action will mean bolstering the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency, which is currently understaffed, full of corruption and needs additional high tech equipment to adequately enforce immigration laws. To do so will ensure that the agency is capable of fully executing and administering lawful immigration into the United States and eliminating the shameful backlog of millions of people who are seeking legal entry into this Country. The slow process for immigrants becoming legal U.S. Citizens is partly to blame for the huge number of immigrants trying to enter the U.S. Illegally. More qualified and dedicated immigration employees could facilitate a reduction in this backlog and relieve immigration pressure.

4. ESTABLISH A WORKABLE QUOTA OR NUMBER OF ALIENS THAT SHOULD BE ADMITTED TO THIS COUNTRY EACH YEAR. At present, there seems to be no knowledge of just how many immigrants this country can handle in any given time period. Considering the pressure immigrants put on our educational systems, fire and police protection, social services and health care industries alone, should dictate that some “sane” numbers be established and enforced! Americans also know this is NOT being done at the present time and expect it to be done. Many of us find it strange that the Heritage Foundation estimated that some $2,600,000,000,000 would have been needed to cover the retirement benefits of 12,000,000,000 illegal aliens if this amnesty bill had been passed, and yet the Government doesn’t seem concerned enough to act on our behalf!

5. PASS LEGISLATION THAT DESIGNATES ENGLISH AS THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THIS NATION. Americans are sick and tired of having to press one for English in their own country! They are tired of their schools being forced to teach Spanish to their children while many students have trouble learning their own native language, just to accommodate illegal residents. Perhaps you should talk to people employed in the service sectors such as repairmen, telephone and television installers, paramedics, police and firemen and see what a strain it puts on them to respond to requests for service to illegals who refuse to learn our language! They feel as if they have been betrayed and deserted by their own government and I can’t blame them.

According to surveys, some 84% of Americans say English should be the official language of government operations and even 71% of Hispanics agree. However, as you know, Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic Majority Leader, called an amendment to make English the official language an act of prejudice and declared bluntly: “This amendment is racist.” Senator, this man is very typical of a Washington Politician who is both OUT OF TOUCH with voters as well as totally defiant and indifferent to the desire of the majority of the American people. His type has their days in Washington numbered as they should be. (he will be voted out)

6. Finally, HOLD OPEN HEARINGS, HAVE MEANINGUL DEBATE, and LISTEN TO THE WILL OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. This is NOT rocket science, but rather common sense…which seems to be so lacking today in Washington. This bill was conceived, nurtured and born in SECRECY! It didn’t warrant public trust from the git-go and never received it. Instead, it simply angered the American voter. Our President had already damaged public trust with his Iraqi war policy and stubborn refusal to “adjust course” as well as his corrupt administration and attempt to privatize social security. (All of which was vehemently opposed by the American voter) This attitude and conduct has damaged the Republican Party more than you know and has virtually opened the door for liberal democrats to “waltz into the White House and take control of Congress! Perhaps the old adage “Absolute power corrupts absolutely” is very appropriate! Another refers to “Potomac fever.”

Thanks again for your help and I hope you will take to heart some of my suggestions, none of which were hastily made and find humor in some of my comments as well as some reality. I hope to hear from you…

Sincerely

I must say I like Sen. Sessions. I have had the privilege of meeting him and having dinner with him. The local paper shows how he votes every week and I don't know that I have ever been disappointed. At least the times that I have check up on it.

Archived