Site with Alabama cheating links/articles

DKW 86

Look, I normally wouldn't do this because this is an Auburn board, but the calling Alabama a bunch of cheaters thing really sounds bad coming from fans of a university that is tied for THIRD in the nation in all time major NCAA violations. Only SMU and Arizona State have more...one more.

Here's your sign...NCAA Infractions list

Alabama has fewer NCAA violations recorded than Auburn, Georgia, and Mississippi State in the SEC.

Other popular universities with more violations than Alabama...

Florida State

Miami

Texas A&M

Cal

UCLA

Oklahoma

etc, etc, etc...

But don't let a silly thing like facts get in your way...

The rock delivery truck just pulled up in front of your glass house.

I dont know what you giys are talking about. I just posted a link for some folks that asked for it.

I didnt endorse it or anything else. Get a life. :no:

BG especially you. Because someone I do not know nor have the slightest contact with hosts a website doesnt mean I hate everything at Hoover, where I have relatives BTW, or any such thing.

As BG has said before and eloquently I do not have to endorse something to tolerate it.

I dont know what you giys are talking about. I just posted a link for some folks that asked for it.

BG especially you. Because someone I do not know nor have the slightest contact with hosts a website doesnt mean I hate everything at Hoover, where I have relatives BTW, or any such thing.

As BG has said before and eloquently I do not have to endorse something to tolerate it.

Regardless as to whether I chose this particular post to bring up the matter, the fact is that there has been a great deal of cheating talk going on lately. I have read numerous posters, here and elsewhere, throwing out accusations and making statements about Alabama being a program that is one of the worst.

You might say that the point of this link is simply to deliver a favor to another, but the implications and intentions are obviously to provide ammunition for more of this kind of BS.

I have simply chosen your post to provide a link of equal interest and remind those who would pass judgment about the multiple indiscretions of many other institutions, even the one they choose to support.

With all the Mobile/Hoover BS that has been bandied around lately, it is obvious that people other than me need a life. It serves no benefit to anyone to play this silly "you cheated...no you cheated" game.

Alabama cheated...they got caught.

Auburn cheated...they got caught.

Pointing out your neighbors' sins does not eliminate your own.

Regardless as to whether I chose this particular post to bring up the matter, the fact is that there has been a great deal of cheating talk going on lately. I have read numerous posters, here and elsewhere, throwing out accusations and making statements about Alabama being a program that is one of the worst.

You might say that the point of this link is simply to deliver a favor to another, but the implications and intentions are obviously to provide ammunition for more of this kind of BS.

I have simply chosen your post to provide a link of equal interest and remind those who would pass judgment about the multiple indiscretions of many other institutions, even the one they choose to support.

With all the Mobile/Hoover BS that has been bandied around lately, it is obvious that people other than me need a life. It serves no benefit to anyone to play this silly "you cheated...no you cheated" game.

I recall the time Auburn didn't cheat but "got caught" anyway.

You guys, there's no point in bringing up AU's infractions. Every time AU has ever gotten in trouble, it has been Alabama's fault.

Got 12? :roflol::roflol:

Langham's eligibility was one of two potentially "major" violations cited Thursday by the NCAA in its official letter of inquiry, delivered to the school nearly two years after another former player, Gene Jelks, accused the Crimson Tide of wrongdoing.

The school, which has won six national championships and is ranked 11th in the country this season, could be facing probation for the first time.

I hate to be the one to point this out, but that last statement works both ways.

I hate to be the one to point this out, but that last statement works both ways.

Tou-freakin-che'

The interesting numbers to me would be the number of times UA cheated ... not just the number of times they were caught. This is the one area that I have to concede UA far exceeds AU ... their ability to cheat and get away with it.

I don't think the issue is the number of times. It's how the bar has now been raised to heights never before seen. If you're gonna' cheat these days, you'd better have at least $150K in pocket change on hand and at the ready. This ain't your daddy's cheatin'. Only real playas can participate in this game.

The interesting numbers to me would be the number of times UA cheated ... not just the number of times they were caught. This is the one area that I have to concede UA far exceeds AU ... there ability to cheat and get away with it.

It amazes me that AU, though up there in numbers, has been able to get caught so few times. Maybe we learned from the best being just across the state.

The interesting numbers to me would be the number of times UA cheated ... not just the number of times they were caught. This is the one area that I have to concede UA far exceeds AU ... there ability to cheat and get away with it.

It amazes me that AU, though up there in numbers, has been able to get caught so few times. Maybe we learned from the best being just across the state.

You had "The Master" coaching at your school -- the late, Logan Young bragged about learning from him many times before he was done in by a mean salad. That's why your own alma mater wasn't touched hardly at all during bear's tenure.

Like AUesquire has mentioned, it's a matter of degree. Not all NCAA violations & sanctions are equal. Here's one of the violations cited from AU's 1980 NCAA sanction:

... 5. NCAA Bylaw l-l-( B) -(l) [improper recruiting inducements] -- In December 1978, a representative of the university's athletic interests gave house paint and a food item to a prospective student-athlete and his family. ...

O.K. I understand it's against the rules to give a prospective student-athlete improper recruiting inducements, but please ... you'd have to be a moron to equate "house paint and a food item" with the kind of inducements that were uat was throwing around in Memphis (for years.)

O.K. I understand it's against the rules to give a prospective student-athlete improper recruiting inducements, but please ... you'd have to be a moron to equate "house paint and a food item" with the kind of inducements that were uat was throwing around in Memphis (for years.)

What's worse house paint and food item or a 150k overweight D-lineman? <_<

Just to finish the thought, I think the Means case alone pretty much will be the gold standard for recruiting unless Bush actually gets hit. You could add all of our infractions to gether, multiply by ten, and still not even be in the same zip code as Albert Means alone.

BTW, folks were asking me how I found out about the Calliers' article by Huie. This was the link where I found it years ago.

I recall the time Auburn didn't cheat but "got caught" anyway.

I recall the MANY times Bamar cheated, and DIDN'T get caught in my 58 1/2 years on this earth.... Sorry...there's no link, because the Bamar media didn't follow up. :puke:

:au::homer:

Archived