UAT self-reports 3 secondary violations

SupperClub

Fat girls need love too, but I'm happily married.

I admit it, I used hyperbole to try and humorously exaggerate this woman's size for rhetorical effect. I didn't see the clothing tag.

I will put it this way though. The orange stripe down the side of the leg looked like it was two hands wide, and orange wasn't the predominate color of the pants leg.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crickets so far from the resident bammers...

Especially RWS. He would not listen when we try to tell him infractions were on the way. Then he would post snide little comments mocking it.

Another thing I find funny, the Memphis mess was also labeled minor infractions when it started.

yeah, sorry i didn't have time being on a message board all day. between dealing with my wrecked car and concussion, i don't have all day to wait around.....

every week all we heard was doom and gloom that "there is some major stuff coming....you'll read about it next week." 3 secondary violations is hardly "major stuff". :usc: had more than us, and it was no earth shattering news. and as far as "why is it taking so long to file the report?"......i haven't seen AU's report of secondary violations? if it has been reported though, please let me see the link and i will stand corrected of course. i'm just simply stating, you guys are so quick to jump on this because you so so so so BADLY want this to be some sort of death penalty issue for the program, so you hype it up as much as possible. now, when i see some reports from the NCAA that it is coming after us for some major stuff, then we'll see. until then, i could sit here and spout something out everyday that there is about to be some major stuff go down with AU.....but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

Concussion huh? I can see it didn't knock any sense into you.

yeah well, i was quite shocked there was something in there that could get a concussion myself ;) but they scanned my cat and said so!

Hey, no playing nicey, I want to fight! :big:

I guess sometimes a concussion does bring good news.

every week all we heard was doom and gloom that "there is some major stuff coming....you'll read about it next week." 3 secondary violations is hardly "major stuff".

A ) Those who said there's more to come are still saying that. It's just now starting to pour in. Hate to break it to you, but it still ain't over.

B ) The bamerham news uat beat writer may think that boosters paying for a recruit and his family to come to campus for a recruiting trip is "secondary", but you know as well as I do that far less (a box of steaks here, a pair of movie tickets there) can result in serious penalties...

Dude, Brandon Gibson was NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER an AU lean. You are SADLY mistaken if you think that he was. Not even close.

Link?

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=885&CID=524222

3/21/2006 - article titled "Gibson High On Tide", where he talks about how all his friends are bama fans and he always went to bama games.

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=885&CID=530227

4/3/2006 - article titled "Gibson adds offers; has top five" where he says he grew up as a bama fan and we are his favorite

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=885&CID=541614

5/9/2006 - article titled "Gibson adds offers; Alabama still leads" where he says bama is still on top

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=885&CID=561819

7/19/2006 - article titled "Alabama still on top for Gibson?" where he states bama is still his favorite and that AU and LSU round out his top 3. it also mentions how he has had bama as his favorite since the beginning of his recruiting process.

need i link more?

That violation doesn't seem 'secondary' to me. First, what is a grad assistant involved in recruiting, and how does a grad assistant have the cash to pay for a trip like that? It looks to me like he was following orders. JMO.

Maybe $aban is bringing back the tradishun

so, when is AU's report on secondary violations coming out? nobody really answered that question.....

Is it beyond your comprehension that a program in this state runs a clean shop?

so, when is AU's report on secondary violations coming out? nobody really answered that question.....

seriously, you're trying to tell me AU has 0 minors to self report?? when has AU ever had 0 minors to report?

seriously, you're trying to tell me AU has 0 minors to self report?? when has AU ever had 0 minors to report?

not being smart here but really the last ones I remember were a couple of years ago. I may have missed them but I want to say year before last.

Ok, if we go on probation for these "MAJOR death penalty worthy" infractions...I'll buy you your favorite case of beer.

Just don't promise to eat your hat. We know how that ends up.

What happens if it is true and they are not all deemed secondary. Guess who's gonna be jumping ship?

ratssabancopy.jpg

So let me get this straight, South Carolina self reports 6 secondary violations in a year, (one of which was the same as what we reported), and it isn't a big deal.

But we report 3 and its the end of the world?

Are you really calling boosters recruiting athletes and providing transportation secondary? You guys didn't learn anything from the whole Memphis debacle.

Rappaport is the one calling them secondary. But he was also the one who wrote the article about how much a disciplinarian Shula was. :roflol::roflol:

Ok, if we go on probation for these "MAJOR death penalty worthy" infractions...I'll buy you your favorite case of beer.

You can drink it while BG eats his hat.

Just don't promise to eat your hat. We know how that ends up.

Excellent hustle

What happens if it is true and they are not all deemed secondary. Guess who's gonna be jumping ship?

ratssabancopy.jpg

+15 million. That is hilarious!

So let me get this straight, South Carolina self reports 6 secondary violations in a year, (one of which was the same as what we reported), and it isn't a big deal.

Are you really calling boosters recruiting athletes and providing transportation secondary? You guys didn't learn anything from the whole Memphis debacle.

Rappaport is the one calling them secondary. But he was also the one who wrote the article about how much a disciplinarian Shula was. :roflol::roflol:

You can drink it while BG eats his hat.

Sigh, I guess people don't get a "figure of speech". Please don't tell me you are upset that I didn't ACTUALLY eat a hat.

Sigh, I guess people don't get a "figure of speech". Please don't tell me you are upset that I didn't ACTUALLY eat a hat.

Say what you mean, mean what you say.

That violation doesn't seem 'secondary' to me. First, what is a grad assistant involved in recruiting, and how does a grad assistant have the cash to pay for a trip like that? It looks to me like he was following orders. JMO.

That's how he Rolls... I guess the bammers were right, saban is alot like the bahr. Like I've been saying, and I'll say again, bama does not want the NCAA to come down and look in the closet, attic, basement, shed, front yard, back yard, or the outhouse. If they do, and if Drummond doesn't try to get them to come see one of his Coal Mines or give them a 'bammer tradishun book lined with "Extra Pages", they will find a Heap of skeletons and some were from this past recruiting year.

I'll second the notion of the answer to why Auburn hasn't submited any secondary violations... Maybe, just maybe, Auburn hasn't had any violations to report, just a thought.

I'm gonna laugh my arse off when the NCAA committee reads these Violations and the ones that haven't been submitted yet and says, "Ummmm... I'm sorry bama but a couple of these Violations that you've reported aren't "secondary"." The Fact that more than half of the Violations came while yall were still under the Probation Cloud is gonna bite ya, and the bite Might be serious.

That's how he Rolls... I guess the bammers were right, saban is alot like the bahr. Like I've been saying, and I'll say again, bama does not want the NCAA to come down and look in the closet, attic, basement, shed, front yard, back yard, or the outhouse. If they do, and if Drummond doesn't try to get them to come see one of his Coal Mines or give them a 'bammer tradishun book lined with "Extra Pages", they will find a Heap of skeletons and some were from this past recruiting year.

I'll second the notion of the answer to why Auburn hasn't submited any secondary violations... Maybe, just maybe, Auburn hasn't had any violations to report, just a thought.

I'm gonna laugh my arse off when the NCAA committee reads these Violations and the ones that haven't been submitted yet and says, "Ummmm... I'm sorry bama but a couple of these Violations that you've reported aren't "secondary"." The Fact that more than half of the Violations came while yall were still under the Probation Cloud is gonna bite ya, and the bite Might be serious.

so, bama self reports 3 violations.......death penalty is looming.

:usc: self reports 7......meh, whatever.

you guys are the best i have ever seen about making a mountain out of a molehill. you link some articles about how the NCAA is currently after bama, and about how bama is being investigated by the NCAA at this moment, and we'll see. otherwise, dude, they're secondary violations. get over it. i know you want us to be really really worried, but wow....

you guys are the best i have ever seen about making a mountain out of a molehill. you link some articles about how the NCAA is currently after bama, and about how bama is being investigated by the NCAA at this moment, and we'll see. otherwise, dude, they're secondary violations. get over it. i know you want us to be really really worried, but wow....

Yeah, sorry about how wrong we were about that whole Fran to TAMU story, the Mike Price and the Stripper story, the Shula is gone story, and the Saban is your next coach story too.... ;)

Yeah, sorry about how wrong we were about that whole Fran to TAMU story, the Mike Price and the Stripper story, the Shula is gone story, and the Saban is your next coach story too....

Yeah, because you all said we were getting Saban. Sure.

What about all the other "stories" about Bama getting put on probation again? I've heard it every year for the last 3 years. Nothing has happened.

Yeah, but USC fans aren't d*cks.

Ya, I beg to differ

Greatly

Yeah, sorry about how wrong we were about that whole Fran to TAMU story, the Mike Price and the Stripper story, the Shula is gone story, and the Saban is your next coach story too....

I've heard it every year for the last 3 years. Nothing has happened.

The last Three years? Yeah.... Oooookay. Listen at BG trying his best to blow this off. :lol: That, coming from a bama fan, is comical in itself.

Guest BoStillKnows

Your comments remind me of this -

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog," Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis told WAVY-TV in Virginia. "If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business."

When told that dog fighting is a felony, Portis replied, "It can't be too bad of a crime."

I want you guys to go on record saying what our punishment should be. So when Auburn gets caught for the same paltry crap, you all can have your letters to the AU and NCAA presidents ready...demanding the same punishment.

I want you guys to go on record saying what our punishment should be. So when Auburn gets caught for the same paltry crap, you all can have your letters to the AU and NCAA presidents ready...demanding the same punishment.

i would just like to know the violations folks come up with every week for the past 3 months that are certain to get us the death penalty. we're supposed to "read about it next week" all the time, but nobody every really says what "IT" is, just that they were told by someone close to the program that "IT" was going to get us nailed. then nothing ever happens. but i guess when everyone uses the shotgun approach to the whole thing, it works out for you. then that way 2 years down the road when something happens everyone can say "SEE SEE SEE I TOLD YOU GUYS WAY BACK THEN SOMETHING WAS GOING ON" when it didn't even happen in that time frame. i think i will come out with a new AU rumor every week and hit on every possible subject i can, that way if it EVER happens i can shout to the hilltops that i knew. oh, i forgot.....AU NEVER violates ANY NCAA policies.

by the way, Clemson self reported 7 violations also.....you guys might want to let them know the death penalty will soon follow.

oh, and i was incorrect on something, :usc: self reported 8 secondary violations....not 7. 7 was the number of athletes that failed their drug tests.

Okay, do we have to go over this again? Alabama was on PROBATION at the time. IF any of the violations are considered major (and, yes, providing travel for the family of a recruit seems to fit the bill), that could be a real problem.

Archived