UAT self-reports 3 secondary violations

SupperClub

Out on the road again for business (just in B'ham for a day or two...) and FINALLY got a few minutes to get back on here after a week's absence (took the fiance to D.C. for the 4th...very good time...)..

I think the biggest thing that intelligent bammers know, but won't fully admit, is the obvious need for their university to chill the "F" out when they should KNOW that the world of college athletics has their collective eyes absolutley STARING down at them.

It doesn't matter right now that "everyone else does it". It doesn't matter that "they're only secondary violations". It doesn't matter that it "wasn't the same individuals before". It doesn't even matter that it "was before, or after UA was off probation".

What matters is that during this time when everyone EXPECTS Bama to mess up again, it's Bama's opportunity ALONE to prove everyone else wrong.

The smallest thing (small or 55 hogsheads large) is going to be documented and shouted out to the world in a collective "we told you so".

So, for all the bammers on here.... Deal with the fact that it's just your university's way. It's just how they do business, when business shouldn't be happening. It's reality. Yes, it happens a whole lot, and in a lot of places, but you are Bama, and that makes you unique and puts you on that very high pedestal you all so dearly always believe you deserve.

This might actually be the correct version of "Bama's Back!" this time around.... Back in trouble....

AC1....out. B)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason you brought it up is because you don't understand simple concepts.

and let's not forget that in most cases probation was brought about by your own demi-god Bryant pulling a Fulmer and exchanging clemency for "facts" (some fabricated) on other schools, Auburn chief among them. Because Bryant realized that when the playing field is level, Alabama can't compete. It's an age-old story.

Link please for these accusations concerning Coach Bryant.

www.dabahrwasacheatingmofo.com

Oh, I see when someone else states something as fact a link is required as proof, but when you make a statement about something or someone that you can not prove, a link is not necessary. You probably weren't even born when Coach Bryant was our coach, and you would not have said something like that when he was alive, because he would have made you prove it or be sued. Ask the Saturday Evening Post, oh that's right you can't. He took them to court for saying that he cheated and he won his case and they went out of business.

Oh, I see when someone else states something as fact a link is required as proof, but when you make a statement about something or someone that you can not prove, a link is not necessary. You probably weren't even born when Coach Bryant was our coach, and you would not have said something like that when he was alive, because he would have made you prove it or be sued. Ask the Saturday Evening Post, oh that's right you can't. He took them to court for saying that he cheated and he won his case and they went out of business.

I would and did say exactly the same thing when he was alive.

You want a link? *snicker* Guess what. Bryant's been dead a long time. They didn't have the internets back when he was alive. They didn't have cell phones. Folks still had to climb up telephone poles and plug in handsets to make a call. And then they had to wait until nobody else in the county wanted to use the phone. Cars were a new fangled invention the last time that cheating sonofab was actually coaching.

You can't go and link up stuff from the telegraph age. Some things are just accepted as fact. Do I have to link it up to verify that the sky is blue? That grass is green? That bears well, you know what they do in the woods. They drink and cheat. Links to that kind of common knowledge aren't necessary.

Here's about the only "link" you can get. This is a photo from the Bryant Museum Archives. It shows the cheater making an phone call to a recruit during a dead period using the most advanced technology available at the time. Smuggling this copy ouf of the museum was a real coup:

bry_pole.jpg

Folks still had to climb up telephone poles and plug in handsets to make a call.

See "Green Acres" if you don't believe GG. Bear Bryant = A drunk Mr. Haney.

You want a link? *snicker* Guess what. Bryant's been dead a long time. They didn't have the internets back when he was alive. They didn't have cell phones. Folks still had to climb up telephone poles and plug in handsets to make a call. And then they had to wait until nobody else in the county wanted to use the phone. Cars were a new fangled invention the last time that cheating sonofab was actually coaching.

You can't go and link up stuff from the telegraph age. Some things are just accepted as fact. Do I have to link it up to verify that the sky is blue? That grass is green? That bears well, you know what they do in the woods. They drink and cheat. Links to that kind of common knowledge aren't necessary.

Here's about the only "link" you can get. This is a photo from the Bryant Museum Archives. It shows the cheater making an phone call to a recruit during a dead period using the most advanced technology available at the time. Smuggling this copy ouf of the museum was a real coup:

bry_pole.jpg

I gotta call my momma...

Folks still had to climb up telephone poles and plug in handsets to make a call.

See "Green Acres" if you don't believe GG. Bear Bryant = A drunk Mr. Haney.

No, don't besmirch Mr Haney!

bry_pole.jpg

I gotta call my momma...

Thank you. I feel so much better now, because for a while now I have thought that you guys really had links and proof of anything that you stated on this board against anyone or any school. If you did not have such proof other than your words, then you would not post it. Now I know that is not true and you can lie as much as anyone else. Makes me feel a lot better.

1. I am a lot older than you think I am. 39 to be exact.

2. One of my best friends in the whole wide worlds daddy is a red elephant type and loved telling stories of bama wrangling in recruits with inducements. One kid was recruited from our hometown and the exact quote from the RE type was, "IF HE DOESNT COME TO ALABAMA IT WON'T BE BECAUSE OF THE MONEY". This is a kid who was as heavy of an AU lean as they get when recruiting began. He did a massive flop and went to uat. This guy met with old bahr himself on several occassions.

3. If I did bahr would not have sued me because there would have been nothjing to sue about. It's a wee bit different when a large publication says something they can't concretely prove. bahr is dust now and like gg said the concrete proof just isn't there. The technology wasn't there.

4. My post was a joke, lighten up.

2. One of my best friends in the whole wide worlds daddy is a red elephant type and loved telling stories of bama wrangling in recruits with inducements. One kid was recruited from our hometown and the exact quote from the RE type was, "IF HE DOESNT COME TO ALABAMA IT WON'T BE BECAUSE OF THE MONEY". This is a kid who was as heavy of an AU lean as they get when recruiting began. He did a massive flop and went to uat. This guy met with old bahr himself on several occassions.

3. If I did bahr would not have sued me because there would have been nothjing to sue about. It's a wee bit different when a large publication says something they can't concretely prove. bahr is dust now and like gg said the concrete proof just isn't there. The technology wasn't there.

You're right, and I am sure that I should lighten up. I just can't help but get defensive when someone attacks Coach Bryant. I know he was not perfect by a long shot, and yes I know he drank a lot, but so did a lot of men of his generation. I guess I believe in the saying "I don't trust a man that won't take a drink".

I feel that he cared alot for his players, and it's proven each year when so many of them come back to the university, and by the way that they speak of him. The day of the funeral, I felt like I had lost a family member.

I have heard other Auburn fans talk about him turning them in, and it just doesn't sound like to me something that he would do. But let's just say that this is true. Isn't that what people are asking coaches to do now? They want other schools to report each other. Isn't that what Philip Fulmer and Steve Spurier did?

You're right, and I am sure that I should lighten up. I just can't help but get defensive when someone attacks Coach Bryant. I know he was not perfect by a long shot, and yes I know he drank a lot, but so did a lot of men of his generation. I guess I believe in the saying "I don't trust a man that won't take a drink".

I feel that he cared alot for his players, and it's proven each year when so many of them come back to the university, and by the way that they speak of him. The day of the funeral, I felt like I had lost a family member.

I have heard other Auburn fans talk about him turning them in, and it just doesn't sound like to me something that he would do. But let's just say that this is true. Isn't that what people are asking coaches to do now? They want other schools to report each other. Isn't that what Philip Fulmer and Steve Spurier did?

Do some research BMH and look into who the Bahr's business partner was in a VW dealership in T-Town, one Walter Byers. He was the executive director of the NCAA from the early 50's up until the late 80's. They first met while he was at A&M and everyone was scrutinize Bryant over his treatment of the players. Byers took care of Bryant his whole career.

CBS Sportsline says you're better at than we are.

Link

Wow, he has auburn #2 behind bama. Pretty rough.

Auburn must cheat the special olympics kinda way since it hasn't resulted in any huge national championships to stuff our stockings.

If we are gonna cheat, lets at least cheat right, sheesh.

Link

Wow, he has auburn #2 behind bama. Pretty rough.

Auburn must cheat the special olympics kinda way since it hasn't resulted in any huge national championships to stuff our stockings.

If we are gonna cheat, lets at least cheat right, sheesh.

see my prevous post and you'll see why we are ranked #2.

Maybe you should study history a little more instead of just blindly fawning at his graven image.

Your demigod admitted in several books in which he was profiled or quoted that he did turn in other schools and did, in particular, turn in Auburn. One of the instances where he turned in Auburn he joked about them coming back and "offering more than we did." Your demigod is also on record as acknowledging the cheating that went on when he was there, blithely admitting his part in it and just shrugging it off.

You have an idealized image of this guy that is rooted in legend more than reality. You've made him into this magnanimous grandfatherly figure who adored his players and was of the highest moral character and fiber. Your view of him is no more realistic than the nation's view of Abraham Lincoln. In truth, Lincoln was a kook. A crafty politician and a good story teller, but his personal life was filled with nuttiness. He's more fable than fact. So is Bryant to you guys.

Link

We need to copy that article and put it in the classics forum.

You have an idealized image of this guy that is rooted in legend more than reality.

You mean The Bear wasn't 8 ft tall with huge paws to cuddle and nurture the cubs with yet equipped with large claws to fight off intruders that came with evil intentions?

Please don't tell me that he didn't fish with only his bare paws, snout, and teeth.

geez you guys really know how to crush a kid.

Hey, we knock the bear around here. He's not our hero. I do have respect for him though. Just not enough that I won't take potshots at him. Potshots that I feel he richly deserves. He was dirty with a capital d. I know too many people that know how dirty bama was first hand. I was a bammer as a teenager and loved the bear. Went to school at AU and was graciously converted to the core and am not so fond of what he did to AU in the past now, lol.

The whole state of Alabama should be proud that me made the top2. It speaks volumes for our education system.

Link

Great.....JUST FREAKIN' GREAT. Now bama's going to claim this as another National Championship. How many is that now 14, counting the one that sabahr got?

In the CBS article the idiot talks about how rich the SEC "boosters" are. I thought we all wore straw hats, smoked corncob pipes, sat on our porches in overalls, while we watched mawmaw churn buttermilk.

Hey, we knock the bear around here. He's not our hero. I do have respect for him though. Just not enough that I won't take potshots at him. Potshots that I feel he richly deserves. He was dirty with a capital d. I know too many people that know how dirty bama was first hand. I was a bammer as a teenager and loved the bear. Went to school at AU and was graciously converted to the core and am not so fond of what he did to AU in the past now, lol.

Sounds like you and me took the same path to the Plains. Isn't it great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!!!!

Link

We need to copy that article and put it in the classics forum.

No doubt.

Sounds like you and me took the same path to the Plains. Isn't it great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!!!!

Yes, indeed. AU is a very special place with awesome folks. When I saw the campus at tuscaloser (not so much the campus but where it is located) I was so happy with my choice to go to AU.

War Eagle! :au:

That article was some Big 12 apologist SEC hating BS.

A big heap of BG method "Everyone else does it" deflection.

And we're listed as number two and the only explanation is "The SEC cheats really really bad" with no examples to justify our high ranking. Yet us and uat at the top of the list are the only SEC representatives.

:rolleyes:

Archived