UAT self-reports 3 secondary violations

SupperClub

I want you guys to go on record saying what our punishment should be. So when Auburn gets caught for the same paltry crap, you all can have your letters to the AU and NCAA presidents ready...demanding the same punishment.

Okay, do we have to go over this again? Alabama was on PROBATION at the time. IF any of the violations are considered major (and, yes, providing travel for the family of a recruit seems to fit the bill), that could be a real problem.

Doesn't matter. Secondary violations while you are on probation don't get you hammered. Otherwise, every team ever on probation in history would get the death penalty. Because I'll bet you can't find a team that was ever on probation who DIDNT have secondary violations during their probationary period.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want you guys to go on record saying what our punishment should be. So when Auburn gets caught for the same paltry crap, you all can have your letters to the AU and NCAA presidents ready...demanding the same punishment.

Okay, do we have to go over this again? Alabama was on PROBATION at the time. IF any of the violations are considered major (and, yes, providing travel for the family of a recruit seems to fit the bill), that could be a real problem.

Doesn't matter. Secondary violations while you are on probation don't get you hammered. Otherwise, every team ever on probation in history would get the death penalty. Because I'll bet you can't find a team that was ever on probation who DIDNT have secondary violations during their probationary period.

while i will say that gibson was absolutely never an auburn lean (though he did like us plenty), providing round trip travel (of any distance) for a recruit doesn't sound minor to me in the least. the kid needs to come and go of his own volition or he's literally being pushed in the direction of turdtown.

Actually, the school can provide transportation for the recruit on an official visit.

The quote said providing it for his mother.

Honestly, the reporting of secondary violations is common and is not even really a story.

Here...

Clemson self reports...

South Carolina self reports

How about Ole Miss?

Oklahoma?

Most of these violations are much worse than what is reported for Bama. These include giving players supplements, paying for a brother's trip, positive test results for marijuana and anabolic steroids, etc...

This is not the Logan Young saga some of you are hoping for.

BP... ALL of those teams were not under the famous Probation Cloud. The NCAA CAN Hammer bama because of the "Secondary" Violations that happened during their PROBATIONARY PERIOD. Will they? No. If they decide that the Round Trip for B. Gibson, parents, And friends to a bama basketball game was a little more than just secondary, they might hit yall again with some sort of limitations. If, and only IF, they see ALL of the OTHER Violations committed by the football program, swim team, baseball team, rowing team, womens basketball, womens gymnastics, womens volleyball, and the Famous Bass Fishing teams; they might see that as a Lack of Institutional Control. But yeah, bammers don't worry, nothing is going to happen. If a Diehard fan of the Rival team says that... then you have something to worry about... So, bammers don't worry, nothing is going to happen.

BP... ALL of those teams were not under the famous Probation Cloud. The NCAA CAN Hammer bama because of the "Secondary" Violations that happened during their PROBATIONARY PERIOD. Will they? No. If they decide that the Round Trip for B. Gibson, parents, And friends to a bama basketball game was a little more than just secondary, they might hit yall again with some sort of limitations. If, and only IF, they see ALL of the OTHER Violations committed by the football program, swim team, baseball team, rowing team, womens basketball, womens gymnastics, womens volleyball, and the Famous Bass Fishing teams; they might see that as a Lack of Constitutional Control. But yeah, bammers don't worry, nothing is going to happen. If a Diehard fan of the Rival team says that... then you have something to worry about... So, bammers don't worry, nothing is going to happen.

In case you missed my earlier post:

Are you guys really shocked? They got mo' money than good sense and won't rest until they get a new coach, bring the tide to nat'l prominence and get something on Dye, oops I mena Tubs. Same script diff time. Always be vigilant Tigers they will only settle for the above again and again. This poster reminds everyone that their are courageous Tigers out there like John Thrower, and ain't gonna take it anymore! I can go back to 1957, and evil is still there!

So just keep winning and just smile. but be vigilant!

You hit me, I hit you harder! Sonny Corleone!

BP... ALL of those teams were not under the famous Probation Cloud. The NCAA CAN Hammer bama because of the "Secondary" Violations that happened during their PROBATIONARY PERIOD. Will they? No. If they decide that the Round Trip for B. Gibson, parents, And friends to a bama basketball game was a little more than just secondary, they might hit yall again with some sort of limitations. If, and only IF, they see ALL of the OTHER Violations committed by the football program, swim team, baseball team, rowing team, womens basketball, womens gymnastics, womens volleyball, and the Famous Bass Fishing teams; they might see that as a Lack of Constitutional Control. But yeah, bammers don't worry, nothing is going to happen. If a Diehard fan of the Rival team says that... then you have something to worry about... So, bammers don't worry, nothing is going to happen.

Is that a law? I mean, doesn't the possibility exist?

Because I'll bet you can't find a team that was ever on probation who DIDNT have secondary violations during their probationary period.

SMU.

Will you eat your hat now? :poke:

Because I'll bet you can't find a team that was ever on probation who DIDNT have secondary violations during their probationary period.

SMU.

Will you eat your hat now? :poke:

Excellent hustle

+1

BG, who defines what is "seconday" and what is "major?" In this case, Alabama reported it as secondary. I'm pretty sure that the NCAA has the latitude to define it differently.

Just because the compliance officer at Alabama wants to call it "secondary" does not make it so.

I'm sure that this is a difficult concept to grasp. The Turds are used to making up the rules as they go along.

Like I said, take a look at the other links I provided.

Most of the violations those teams recently self-reported were more numerous and worse. This is probably 99.9999% a non-issue. If it were not Alabama, it would just be another self-reporting story to Auburn fans who want it so badly to be something.

BG, who defines what is "seconday" and what is "major?" In this case, Alabama reported it as secondary. I'm pretty sure that the NCAA has the latitude to define it differently.

Just because the compliance officer at Alabama wants to call it "secondary" does not make it so.

I'm sure that this is a difficult concept to grasp. The Turds are used to making up the rules as they go along.

Since I can read, and I've been a college football fan for a while...it's fairly easy to surmise that these violations are secondary.

Again, the day we get put on probation for all these things...I'll be more than happy to eat me some crow (for you guys who don't know...that is a figure of speech...it means I'll come back here and offer up a mea culpa). But it's not going to happen. You guys WANT these violations to be big, because they happened at Alabama. They aren't a big deal...and less of a deal than what USC self reported, but as I pointed out earlier, you all didn't wet yourselves over those. Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

As far as the SMU post...if you want to compare what SMU was doing to Saban bumping into a recruit during the non contact period...fine, but that's a joke of a correlation.

Since I can read, and I've been a college football fan for a while...it's fairly easy to surmise that these violations are secondary.

Again, the day we get put on probation for all these things...I'll be more than happy to eat me some crow (for you guys who don't know...that is a figure of speech...it means I'll come back here and offer up a mea culpa). But it's not going to happen. You guys WANT these violations to be big, because they happened at Alabama. They aren't a big deal...and less of a deal than what USC self reported, but as I pointed out earlier, you all didn't wet yourselves over those. Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

As far as the SMU post...if you want to compare what SMU was doing to Saban bumping into a recruit during the non contact period...fine, but that's a joke of a correlation.

When Bammie gets the death penalty who will be your new team?

I'll just start pulling for whatever hockey team plays in hell.

that would be a hot ticket! Maybe you could set up a ice water stand

I'm not comparing anything. You said that we couldn't find a school that while sanctioned, didn't have any recruiting violations. I think SMU fits that bill.

Feel free to check out what I said in detail

Remarkable clarity from a couple of crimsontuskers:

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about21490-0-asc-15.html

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:20 pm Post subject:

I'm sure my opinion won't be popular here, but these violations are inexcusable. Unless/until I know more of the story to change my mind the booster activity is stupid; the GA activity is absolutely mind boggling; and the activity by Coach Saban is icing on the cake.

I hope this is the only criticism I have for a while for Coach Saban, but $32 million should ensure this type stuff doesn't take place. Maybe this type stuff is done all the time, but I have a hard time believing Mal Moore and company didn't make it perfectly clear what was expected in regard to NCAA compliance. It's real simple...don't cross the line, don't toe the line, don't even come near the freakin' line.

The booster stuff...who knows what all that involves. Dang, leave the recruits to the coaching staff. I'm really hoping this is all very innocent type activity, and I won't go any further down this road.

That leads me to my biggest concern in all this....the GA providing transportation. Come on! Why break the rules for one recruit?! Haven't we learned our lesson in that dept.?! Let me guess, this recruit probably didn't even sign with us and if he did he'll probably be a bust. Just the way things usually go with UA in this type scenario.

If I were Saban I would want to talk to this GA pronto...then again, what would he say? He has a violation of his own. And all this right before we got off probation. Perfect timing.

I hope I'm blowing this all out of context. I wouldn't doubt if action is taken by the NCAA, and I can't say I'd blame them. How much more arrogant can we be?

followed by:

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 pm Post subject:

You make the point of my only concern about CNS. Lets say that we do win one or 2 NC w/ a great coach like CNS but contract the death penalty in the process...not worth it all.

CNS is the guy that the media would love to incriminate regarding the NCAA violations & so would other schools for that matter. It would be mud in our faces especially since we paid him more than anyone else...ever.

Now, I truly hope that I'm jumping to conclusions about this whole issue. However, CNS is a great recruiter & one must wonder to what extents he goes to recruit. TWO things are certain:

1st. CNS hasn't worked for an school w/ the type of scrutiny we are receiving...neither has any other coach for any other school in history either. This will be a challenge for him & staff especially if they expect to get the same results that they are accustomed to. [Wait, did I read this right? Is he/she basically saying "Since Saban won't be able to cheat like he used to, he will have trouble producing the same results"?]

2nd. CNS is so totally screwed when it comes to doing any little thing wrong...especially when it comes to violations of the NCAA. He's screwed from the national media standpoint & w/ the BAMA Nation if in fact the NCAA starts crazy inquiries.

One thing that is certain though, we should take a clue w/ what USC is doing to block any investigation work that NCAA is trying to do . Pete Carroll should start doing seminars w/ CNS sitting on the front row.

For the record, I'm not to concerned about the direct outcome of these violations but I AM concerned about the indirect results that are telling of CNS staff & what MAY come from it...

How's that for doom & gloom ?

Sounds like a couple of them get it!

At least admit, it was a pretty solid comeback ;)

so, using everyone's logic, i would assume that if AU self reports anything close to what we self reported, the death penalty would be looming for AU also? i mean, AU has the most major infractions out of anyone in the SEC, so why wouldn't it be true? oh, i forgot.....AU never has secondary violations. nevermind.

At least admit, it was a pretty solid comeback ;)

That was a great comeback I will give you that! :big:

so, using everyone's logic, i would assume that if AU self reports anything close to what we self reported, the death penalty would be looming for AU also? i mean, AU has the most major infractions out of anyone in the SEC, so why wouldn't it be true? oh, i forgot.....AU never has secondary violations. nevermind.

Scissor... We got put on Probation for LESS than what your $avior has been apart of since he's been down at the Cesspool. Now that the Shoe is on the foot, I'm just gonna sit back and watch... Jumbo and I might even eat some BBQ or pop popcorn and drink a few beers, because it is going to get worse before it Ever gets better. This is only the Tip of the Iceberg.

Hey BG, if bama gets put on Any form of Probation (read... Not The Death Penalty) will you eat Crow, Hat, or whatever? If they do get the DP, that Won't Happen, but hypothetically if they get the DP you could chisel off some Ice from that iceberg to sell while you pull for your New Team.

Guest Tigrinum Major

We haven't been on probation in over ten years. When did Alabama's expire? Hint: The year ends in a 7. You're missing the point. You were on probation when these instances occurred. Personally, do I think you'll get hammered? No, but it would disturb me if I were you that this happened at all, especially so soon in a staff's tenure.

We haven't been on probation in over ten years. When did Alabama's expire? Hint: The year ends in a 7. You're missing the point. You were on probation when these instances occurred. Personally, do I think you'll get hammered? No, but it would disturb me if I were you that this happened at all, especially so soon in a staff's tenure.

Uh, actually, weren't we just on probation for basketball (maybe still are)? But it has been a long time since football probabtion.

Archived