Pat Summitt files for divorce

WAR-MATT

Start the coming out of the closet jokes....................now.

Link

Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of marriage

Associated Press

Updated: August 16, 2007, 12:58 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

MARYVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee's Pat Summitt, the winningest basketball coach in NCAA history, filed for divorce after nearly 27 years of marriage.

Pat Summitt cited irreconcilable differences as reason for seeking divorce from her husband, R.B.

Irreconcilable differences were cited in the petition filed Wednesday in the Knoxville suburb of Maryville. She and husband R.B Summit will have been married 27 years on Aug. 23.

The couple has one child, Tyler, who will be 17 next month. The petition said there are no custody issues and the teenager is living with his mother. R.B. Summitt is a banker in Sevierville.

Summitt has 947 NCAA victories since she began coaching the Lady Vols in 1974. The Hall of Fame coach has led the Lady Vols to seven NCAA championships, including in April when they defeated Rutgers.

Summitt "considers it a private matter and doesn't want to make a statement about it," Tennessee athletics spokeswoman Tiffany Carpenter said.

The couple separated several months ago.

"I think she is doing all right," said her lawyer, Bernie Bernstein. "She has been getting ready for the new season. Her son continues to live with her. He is in school. Things really haven't changed that much for her."

Summitt won her 880th game as coach of the Lady Vols during the NCAA tournament in 2005, surpassing Dean Smith, the former North Carolina coach and previous record holder.

In 2006, Tennessee made Summitt the first millionaire coach in women's basketball with a contract paying $1.125 million. Summitt will be paid $1.5 million in the final year of the six-year contract in 2011-2012.

Summitt has been honored by Congress and inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame and the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

She loves Pokey Chapman this much?

beat me to it.

i'm sure with her feminine charm I can expect to see a "Brad Pitt leaves Angelina for Pat Summit" magazine at the grocery store checkout line shortly.

She loves Pokey Chapman this much?

beat me to it.

i'm sure with her feminine charm I can expect to see a "Brad Pitt Angelina leaves AngelinaBrad for Pat Summit" magazine at the grocery store checkout line shortly.

Fixed it for you. B)

Guest BoStillKnows
Pat Summitt cited irreconcilable differences as reason for seeking divorce from her husband, R.B.

If they both have a penis, is it really an irreconcilable difference? It sounds like an irreconcilable similarity to me. B)

If they both have a penis, is it really an irreconcilable difference? It sounds like an irreconcilable similarity to me. B)

LMAO, im sorry that's funny stuff rit thur

Archived