Tailgating Question

aulax1

Since I have never done this before, I figured I would present this with the rest of you. Some members of our tailgating group have been discussing getting a TV and Satellite hookup for some entertainment before and sometimes after the game. We have access to power, but need to know what else would be needed and how difficult or easy it is to get going.

Thanks!

TV

Sat dish

receiver

If you have Direct TV at home you can just bring your box and get a portable dish with a tripod.

In order to have a sat hook up...you need to have a satellite, a TV, a cable to connect the satellite to the TV, a power supply, a compass(so you can determine which way to point the satellite), the reciever (and a cable to connect the reciever to the TV). Don't forget your remote to program the receiver. Also, it is best to have an extra table to put the TV on so it doesn't get in the way of your food. Also, it is good to have some sort of cover because certain TV's have a ton of glare and can not be seen real good if there is no shade.

I use Dish Network, so I am familiar with them. The biggest advice I would give is set up your reciever and TV at home so you know what you are doing when you get to your tailgate spot. You don't want to waste your whole day messing with the TV. It is a great thing to ahve though! I love getting out there early and watching gameday and all the early games, and then staying later that night to let traffic die down. If you have any other question, you can PM me!

We just take a TV and rabbit ears. You can pick-up the LS game and the ABC game and the CBS game good with just that.

With the Dish network setup, I'm taking a 19" LCD TV, with generator, satellite reciever with smart card, cables etc., and the portable Dish on a tripod. The dish costs around $100 - 150 if you can find one on ebay or somewhere new.

We've gone through a few dry runs at home already, we did the last one on Sunday with the generator. When I'm at my spot on Friday afternoon, I'm gonna pull everything out and align it and make sure we're 100 percent for Saturday, so the next morning, it should be easy.

Ryan

or you can just head over to the Haur Construction tent. free beer, food, 7 50" lcd flat screen tvs. good times. just make sure you snag a few beers before they realize you don't work for them or you are not a client or know somebody there. ;0P (the vp of haur is a family friend, i didn't actually get kicked out)

If youre too far from home, wont you not get your local stations over satellite since they are from a more regional signal? Were from North AL and Im pretty sure we get them here, but I think I remember being down in FL and not being able to get the Local stations. Something to think about if you live far away.

Archived