My Thoughts on a few games tonight

mowegl

First LSU- MSU:

The defense was as expected for LSU. Looked like there were some questionable hits from the LSU DLmen on Henig though. At least a couple late hits that should have been flagged and other questionable hit locations. Makes me wonder about the Cox injury.

As bad as this performance was for MSU, they will pull off their usual upset of an SEC team. The defense is sound, they just dont have the team speed to play with the big boys (There receivers cant get open!) and Henig is throwing prayers all over the place.

LSU's lack of a consistent strong running game will cost them at some point this season- possibly against us. Hester is a descent back but he doesnt have the speed for the big gainers and he should really be playing FB. Everyone knows Holliday isnt going to run it in the middle, and the only decent all around back they have (Williams) hardly gets any carries.

UL - Murray St.

What kind of enemies is Kragthorpe trying to make? There was no reason for them to be tossing the ball around on that team. The MSU defense didnt have a chance at stopping that. Actually, I'm not even sure if they took the field. 63-10 with 10 min in the 3rd? Seems like Kragthorpe should know better coming from Tulsa.

Seems to me like a case of stat padding. Its all about the heisman for Brohm and Louisville.

Brian Brohm 16/21 375yd 17.9 yd average 4td 0 int

Rutgers - Buffalo

The same goes for this guy.

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

Ray Rice 25 184 7.4 3 41

Theres no reason for Rice to have 25 carries against Buffalo. Keep that up and Rice will be tired/worn out/ hurt and so will Rutgers season.

Archived