Bammer's have some class

crashman009

Well, after own display against USF we really have no right to be calling anyone out for throwing cups.

we threw things at usf?

Ya

Please explain. All I saw on a quick ESPN clip was some shakers when the players came and taunted our student section - which is then well deserved

unfortunately, when a team wins in the last seconds and the end zone celebration is in the student section, stuff gets thrown. Just the way it is. Only thing that will change it is if schools look at video and track down the culprits, and revoke tickets. Problem is the student tickets aren't assigned in the same manner as the rest of the tickets, so you can't go back and find names.

Well, after own display against USF we really have no right to be calling anyone out for throwing cups.

we threw things at usf?

Ya

Please explain. All I saw on a quick ESPN clip was some shakers when the players came and taunted our student section - which is then well deserved

Careful. The thread that was started that that talked about this issue got nuked. I don't think I made anyone happy when I said it was deserved too....

I wil say this, I didn't see the blatant taunting by UGA payers like the USF players did. I don't think it was the same actions at all...but that is all I will say about it.

we threw things at usf?

The entire USF team sprinted to our student section and went nuts with their celebration. The students gave them a shower that by stadium prices, was probably worth $1000.

unfortunately, when a team wins in the last seconds and the end zone celebration is in the student section, stuff gets thrown. Just the way it is. Only thing that will change it is if schools look at video and track down the culprits, and revoke tickets. Problem is the student tickets aren't assigned in the same manner as the rest of the tickets, so you can't go back and find names.

Maybe the SEC can start hitting the school with a $25,000 fine. I think that would be a step in the right direction. I mean, if running onto the field is worth that much, surely a safety issue such as getting walloped in the head with a whiskey bottle is at least equally dangerous.

surely a safety issue such as getting walloped in the head with a whiskey bottle is at least equally dangerous.

They were the little plastic bottles, not glass.

Regardless, it was a lack of class for UA fans to stoop to that level. UGA fans have done it for years against pretty much any SEC rival team that plays on their terf. No need for us to stoop to their level. I also heard some UGA people ripped down some NC material from BDS but have yet to see that confirmed.

It could of been worse. We could of boo'd our team I suppose.

surely a safety issue such as getting walloped in the head with a whiskey bottle is at least equally dangerous.

They were the little plastic bottles, not glass.

Regardless, it was a lack of class for UA fans to stoop to that level. UGA fans have done it for years against pretty much any SEC rival team that plays on their terf. No need for us to stoop to their level. I also heard some UGA people ripped down some NC material from BDS but have yet to see that confirmed.

or you could've nailed one of their players in the eye with a full water bottle.

or you could've nailed one of their players in the eye with a full water bottle.

See above posts relating to you guys doing the same thing. Don't throw stones in a glass house :)

Fact is, no fans (of any team) should be displaying such sore loser mentality. It's pathetic and needs to stop.

See above posts relating to you guys doing the same thing. Don't throw stones in a glass house :)

Fact is, no fans (of any team) should be displaying such sore loser mentality. It's pathetic and needs to stop.

bammers must have had far more practice, then. i don't think any of our students are such crack shots with their beverages. another national championship?

If the UAT fans at the game were as bad as the ones at the bar I was at last night then the UGA players should still be taunting them. Every time a Bulldog player was injured the Bama fans would erupt like they had scored a touchdown. The longer the player was on the ground the mastier the insults got that were shouted at the screen. It was sickening. I had stopped by a few bars before choosing this one because it had the least obnoxious Bama fans.

But then again, the word class has never in the history of college football been associated with Alabama fans.

Give it time...

Have you been living under a rock? We've been in the slumps for years.

And the boos have been raining on occasion too. Give it time, Saban is new; they'll come back.

we threw things at usf?

Ya

Shakers and cups, in large amounts. Ya the USF players taunted them.. showed their asses. We showed ours more.

Well deserved? Mean then we need to check and make sure someone in that section didn't taunt one of the USF players first, cause if thats the case then the USF player had the right to take his helmet off and throw it at the AU student.

Fans taunt players... players need to be above that and ignore it yes. Fans need to not be sheep and everyone act an ass cause one drunk or two in the crowd couldn't handle a few words.

Shakers and cups, in large amounts. Ya the USF players taunted them.. showed their asses. We showed ours more.

Was it really that bad? I was in section 60, and only saw 2 cups come down.

I bet they were thrown by former uat fans. :poke:

Was it really that bad? I was in section 60, and only saw 2 cups come down.

I bet they were thrown by former uat fans. :poke:

It was a large amount, I was above the section. Most were fired from close range and not the upper part of the student section. As pointed out eh USF players were right up there almost in the face tautning them.

I don't agree with what the USF players did either. They need to just ignore the crowd. Especially considering all that went on with the NBA player that went up in the crowd.

Unfortunatly this is a trend that is happening at alot of places and seems there is more incidents every year. Gonna suck when one day people have to watch games through 30ft chain link fences.

I was in section 32, so I was a little removed. I couldn't see the stuff happening right next to the players.

Agreed, the USF players should have won with a little more class, but there's no excuse for the fans. Sure, any loss hurts the pride of the fans, but some people can't keep their reactions in check and need some perspective in life.

I'm on the fence whether or not the SEC should fine the schools. I say that because I think it might get overused. If a large majority of fans are throwing something, or if something dangerous is thrown, I'd be all for it. However, right now I think its the schools' job to keep their fans in line. Put some cameras on the student section and catch it on tape. Revoke the tickets, and even threaten fines or misdemeanor assault charges.

On the flip side, I wouldn't mind the SEC flexing some muscle if SEC players taunt the fans. I don't think such actions are really that bad in the SEC, but it might send the message to other teams and conferences that the game should be played with a certain level of respect, dignity, and class.

I was in section 32, so I was a little removed. I couldn't see the stuff happening right next to the players.

Agreed, the USF players should have won with a little more class, but there's no excuse for the fans. Sure, any loss hurts the pride of the fans, but some people can't keep their reactions in check and need some perspective in life.

I'm on the fence whether or not the SEC should fine the schools. I say that because I think it might get overused. If a large majority of fans are throwing something, or if something dangerous is thrown, I'd be all for it. However, right now I think its the schools' job to keep their fans in line. Put some cameras on the student section and catch it on tape. Revoke the tickets, and even threaten fines or misdemeanor assault charges.

On the flip side, I wouldn't mind the SEC flexing some muscle if SEC players taunt the fans. I don't think such actions are really that bad in the SEC, but it might send the message to other teams and conferences that the game should be played with a certain level of respect, dignity, and class.

Ya know if you watch the refs in some games, some the refs try and control it. You can see them tap them on the shoulder and tell them to move away or settle down some. But you can't really expect them to stick their neck in the middle of fans and players at the risk of injury.

You can't take all the emotion of the game either, like they almost did a few years ago when anything got a flag.

To be completly honest, in all my time at Auburn that is the first time I have seen that much stuff thrown and first time I have seen a team as a whole almost get up and taunt the crowd that close. Seen the occasional one on the bench making comments, but in fairness to them they get jawed by some of the students in the crowd the whole game.

Archived