Enrique Davis

RunInRed

Courtney Taylor only caught more passes than any receiver in Auburn history. He's one of four receivers in AU history to have more than 2000 yards.

Devin Aromashodu is 11th all time in total receiving yards and fifth in yards per reception.

Ben Obomanu is 13th in total receiving yards, 8th in total receptions and 2nd in touchdown catches.

They accomplished all of this while sharing the stage for three of their four seasons and laboring under three offensive coordinators.

Yeah, those guys had bad hands and ran bad routes. <_<

C'mon GG. You've got to admit, that even THOSE guys weren't deep threats. Those guys didn't change an opposing D-coordinator's gameplan. Blame it on the QB not delivering the deep ball. Blame it on a play-action oriented passing attack. BUT, the truth is, the majority of long touchdowns in the Tuberville era are due to the RBs and not the WRs.

We've had plenty of talent come through the Tuberville pipeline. However, few receivers have reached All-SEC potential. I blame coach Knox. (And for the record, he's been the biggest thorn in my paw since 2001.) He's a great guy, and I'd hate to see his feelings hurt, but he's underperformed as a coach since Ronney Daniels left.

I agree, but you have to remember that Brandon either cannot deliver the deep ball OR Borges is not calling for deep passes. In any event, we need to showcase some WR's IF we expect to be able to recruit top quality wide receivers..... It's no secret that CTT loves to run the football and that's ok, IF you don't get behind. Dye had the same problem although they both have been able to win big with a solid running game and a solid defense and kicking game. Maybe more diversity is in order? As for J.J, it really doesn't matter because he won't stay longer than his soph or Jr. year before bolting for the pros and big $$$$$.

How about this, maybe the recievers can't get deep.I don't see any Ace Wright burners out there.

I for one could care less where JJ goes. The guy has an attitude problem. If anyone watched the game the other night you would have saw that. With that being said he should fit in just fine at SPUAT.

Courtney Taylor only caught more passes than any receiver in Auburn history. He's one of four receivers in AU history to have more than 2000 yards.

Devin Aromashodu is 11th all time in total receiving yards and fifth in yards per reception.

Ben Obomanu is 13th in total receiving yards, 8th in total receptions and 2nd in touchdown catches.

They accomplished all of this while sharing the stage for three of their four seasons and laboring under three offensive coordinators.

Yeah, those guys had bad hands and ran bad routes. <_<

C'mon GG. You've got to admit, that even THOSE guys weren't deep threats. Those guys didn't change an opposing D-coordinator's gameplan. Blame it on the QB not delivering the deep ball. Blame it on a play-action oriented passing attack. BUT, the truth is, the majority of long touchdowns in the Tuberville era are due to the RBs and not the WRs.

We've had plenty of talent come through the Tuberville pipeline. However, few receivers have reached All-SEC potential. I blame coach Knox. (And for the record, he's been the biggest thorn in my paw since 2001.) He's a great guy, and I'd hate to see his feelings hurt, but he's underperformed as a coach since Ronney Daniels left.

Yeah, you're right. They sucked so damn bad they just collectively rewrote the record book.

Who are you, Al Davis? "The deep ball" philosophy died in 1981.

Our recievers coach hasn't been all that effective for many years :(

Good kids, good talent, bad hands and bad route running. Seems coaching related.

I see spirit, but spirit doesn't catch balls for you.

Courtney Taylor came in as a QB and is now playing in the NFL as a WR. He had some of the best hands Ive seen on a receiver - very sure handed. What about Tim Carter? basically came in as a track guy and is now a steady receiver in the NFL. We really flopped on them.

Did you miss the entire Campbell era? He had tons of deep balls caught between Taylor, Obomanu, and Aromashodu.

Not to mention currently Rod Smith. This guy came in as a walk on with like only 1 other offer. All the guy has done is improved and developed into a real go to man.

My point is, that recievers come to Auburn and do alright and go to the NFL and do better. One player doing well out of a ful corp of recievers isn't a claim for a coaches success.

Dropped balls, blown routes, and no deep rpresence has been a staple of Auburn football for a while now. I am glad to see some play makers finally stand up and make plays on their own this year. It just seems that they all block well on running plays. There is just something missing. It could be our run first, run second, run third concept if the other team lets us.

I usually pin multiple players in a position underperforming on the coach of that position.

Our recievers coach hasn't been all that effective for many years :(

Good kids, good talent, bad hands and bad route running. Seems coaching related.

I see spirit, but spirit doesn't catch balls for you.

Courtney Taylor came in as a QB and is now playing in the NFL as a WR. He had some of the best hands Ive seen on a receiver - very sure handed. What about Tim Carter? basically came in as a track guy and is now a steady receiver in the NFL. We really flopped on them.

Did you miss the entire Campbell era? He had tons of deep balls caught between Taylor, Obomanu, and Aromashodu.

Not to mention currently Rod Smith. This guy came in as a walk on with like only 1 other offer. All the guy has done is improved and developed into a real go to man.

what tim carter has done in the nfl is due to coaching, he was no better than average in college. Courtney Taylor was our only above average reciever during the campbell era. Mix, Obomanu, and Aromashodu never lived up to the hype. I don't think it is as much of developement as it is we have always been a running team and passing for 200 yards a game is not going to develop any w/o into all americans.

My point is, that recievers come to Auburn and do alright and go to the NFL and do better. One player doing well out of a ful corp of recievers isn't a claim for a coaches success.

Dropped balls, blown routes, and no deep rpresence has been a staple of Auburn football for a while now. I am glad to see some play makers finally stand up and make plays on their own this year. It just seems that they all block well on running plays. There is just something missing. It could be our run first, run second, run third concept if the other team lets us.

I usually pin multiple players in a position underperforming on the coach of that position.

Your point has been completely refuted.

One player doing well? I've seen four listed already. Tuberville's first real recruiting class of WR and all four end up in the NFL. Yeah, he really screwed up with those guys.

They go to the NFL and "do better?" Do you WATCH the NFL? Ben was on scout team last season. Courtney barely made the team. Devin has had trouble catching on anywhere. Anthony Mix is on the squad because of his special teams contributions. Yeah, these guys who basically rewrote Auburn's record books are "doing better" in the NFL. Of all the ridiculous statements you made above, saying they're "doing better" in the NFL is a cake-taker.

Dropped balls, blown routes and no deep presence? Balderdash. Utterly ridiculous. You have no idea what you're talking about. There have been a few dropped passed in TWO GAMES this season, but it's hardly a trend. Look back over the past five years or so. Other than Obomanu's sophomore drop against Ole Miss, the receivers have been pretty consistent.

You have no point.

I remember Tim Carter talking about how amazed he was to receive basic coaching at whichever college all star game he went to. He acted as if it was the first time anyone ever taught him how to run a route correctly. THat made me wonder if Knox was the right guy.

Obomanu is turning into a pretty consistent target for the Seahawks, so you can't say he isn't doing much better.

Obomanu and Aromashadu were both top ten WRs coming out of high school, so I do wonder what happened. Why did they get drafted so low? Of course, there is a lot of hit and miss at the WR position both for the NFL and college, and you can't say these guys didn't contribute while they were here. Maybe there is no need for any blame. Maybe the blame lies elsewhere. Our offense hasn't been the kind (at least lately) to stretch the field very much (and this is still very important to all offenses in 2007). I think that must be due to Cox's very weak arm. Borges didn't mind throwing down the field at all when he had JC's canon at his disposal.

I remember Tim Carter talking about how amazed he was to receive basic coaching at whichever college all star game he went to. He acted as if it was the first time anyone ever taught him how to run a route correctly. THat made me wonder if Knox was the right guy.

Obomanu is turning into a pretty consistent target for the Seahawks, so you can't say he isn't doing much better.

Obomanu and Aromashadu were both top ten WRs coming out of high school, so I do wonder what happened. Why did they get drafted so low? Of course, there is a lot of hit and miss at the WR position both for the NFL and college, and you can't say these guys didn't contribute while they were here. Maybe there is no need for any blame. Maybe the blame lies elsewhere. Our offense hasn't been the kind (at least lately) to stretch the field very much (and this is still very important to all offenses in 2007). I think that must be due to Cox's very weak arm. Borges didn't mind throwing down the field at all when he had JC's canon at his disposal.

Obomanu barely made the Seahawk's team. He is only getting a shot because two players in front of him are down with injury.

Obomanu barely made the Seahawk's team. He is only getting a shot because two players in front of him are down with injury.

That doesn't change the fact that he's looked MUCH better in the NFL than he ever has when he was at Auburn. He's made enemormous strides and even if he's only playing because of injujry my guess is that he'll crack the rotation next season easily.

Part of that is because he was drafted by a team that was fairly good already. Rookie and 2nd year WRs that make the team easily and immediately crack the starting lineups are generally phenoms like Randy Moss or they were drafted by a bad team, or at least a team with a bad WR corp. It's one of the hardest positions for players to get acclimated to in the NFL from college which is why so few WRs are top five picks compared to runningbacks, QBs and DEs.

That doesn't change the fact that he's looked MUCH better in the NFL than he ever has when he was at Auburn. He's made enemormous strides and even if he's only playing because of injujry my guess is that he'll crack the rotation next season easily.

How in the heck do you figure that? And how do any of you know if he barely made it or not? He either made it or didnt.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw that he will be on town for the Iron Bowl...I also noticed that his 40 on Rivals is listed at 4.35 but Scout has him at 4.52... I wonder what it really is.

Archived