Enrique Davis

RunInRed

Per Rivals, Hargrave five-star RB Enrique Davis has been added to Auburn's 2008 commitment list. Davis is rated the No. 1 prep-school RB in the country.

We're up to #18 right now and that's with only one of the 5-star guys counting. We'll likely jump another few spots once Davis is factored in.

Not that it matters in an objective sense, but it helps perception-wise.

We're up to #18 right now and that's with only one of the 5-star guys counting. We'll likely jump another few spots once Davis is factored in.

Yeah - a little bit of funny math though in the way Rivals computes it - granted all teams who re-sign juco/preps benefit from this - but this will effectively be counting him twice (last year as a 4 star and this year as a 5 star). I think the same thing happened to Mike Ford with Bama a few years ago.

Yeah - a little bit of funny math though in the way Rivals computes it - granted all teams who re-sign juco/preps benefit from this - but this will effectively be counting him twice (last year as a 4 star and this year as a 5 star). I think the same thing happened to Mike Ford with Bama a few years ago.

I don't know guys, according to the bammers, they've already got us beat. :lol::rolleyes:

War Eagle!

I don't know guys, according to the bammers, they've already got us beat. :lol::rolleyes:

War Eagle!

maybe, maybe not. but theres a pretty good chance that come Oct. 4th our recruiting ranking might get a little bump. ;)

War Eagle!

maybe, maybe not. but theres a pretty good chance that come Oct. 4th our recruiting ranking might get a little bump. ;)

Who's scheduled to announce?

War Eagle!

nobody is necessarily SCHEDULED to announce on this date. if it does in fact happen, it will be out of the blue.

War Eagle!

nobody is necessarily SCHEDULED to announce on this date. if it does in fact happen, it will be out of the blue.

so what the hell are you talking about?

War Eagle!

there is a decent chance that someone who wasn't really "scheduled" to commit right now is going to commit. i'm pretty stoked about it, actually.

War Eagle!

there is a decent chance that someone who wasn't really "scheduled" to commit right now is going to commit. i'm pretty stoked about it, actually.

Still letting BSOL string you along egh?

Let me guess, his initials are JJ

Wouldn't that be great. With some of the players we already have coming in our offense could be very lethal with the addition of him.

FYI, there is a 200% chance JJ will not commit to AU. that's not me being a jerk, thats just pretty common information.

Wouldn't that be great. With some of the players we already have coming in our offense could be very lethal with the addition of him.

FYI, there is a 200% chance JJ will not commit to AU. that's not me being a jerk, thats just pretty common information.

Yes I know, I'm not expecting him to come here, but one can always hope.

i hope for his sake he doesn't come here. All we'll do is turn him into an average reciever.

i hope for his sake he doesn't come here. All we'll do is turn him into an average reciever.

Name the last big time wide-reciever to come out of bama? I know of 3 recent ones from AU that are currently in the NFL.

I don't know about the last big time one, but the only one currently on an NFL roster is Jason McAddley with the Redskins. And he was drafted in the 5th round five years ago and is now on his fourth team.

I don't know about the last big time one, but the only one currently on an NFL roster is Jason McAddley with the Redskins. And he was drafted in the 5th round five years ago and is now on his fourth team.

Exactly. Now with that said, I still think Knox's job could be in jeopardy come year's end. Rumblings are of a move to Recruiting Coordinator - not sure who CTT has in mind as a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

Our recievers coach hasn't been all that effective for many years :(

Good kids, good talent, bad hands and bad route running. Seems coaching related.

I see spirit, but spirit doesn't catch balls for you.

Courtney Taylor only caught more passes than any receiver in Auburn history. He's one of four receivers in AU history to have more than 2000 yards.

Devin Aromashodu is 11th all time in total receiving yards and fifth in yards per reception.

Ben Obomanu is 13th in total receiving yards, 8th in total receptions and 2nd in touchdown catches.

They accomplished all of this while sharing the stage for three of their four seasons and laboring under three offensive coordinators.

Yeah, those guys had bad hands and ran bad routes. <_<

Archived