Caddy Injured...

Tiger Refuge

I was wondering what happened. I was following the game cast on Yahoo where it updates the play by play and he was running really well. Then I didn't see any further updates of him getting the ball.

CBS just showed it on their highlights. It looked pretty nasty. All they said was that he was out for the rest of the game for right now.

The Panther player standing on the sideline starting motioning for the medical people as Cadillac went down, I wonder if he heard something pop. As they were tending to him the entire Bucs team came across the field to gather around him, and also McClover from the Panthers...

that hurts my heart. caddy is my favorite back that's ever put on an auburn jersey. i know that's sacrilege, but the carried me through my college career. i really hope that he's alright. he's a true auburn man. here's to minimal damage and a speedy recovery.

Guest BoStillKnows

Not good...

September 30, 2007

Williams, Petitgout lost for the season

The Bucs have lost running back Cadillac Williams and left tackle Luke Petitgout for the season.

Williams is believed to have suffered a torn patellar tendon in his right knee when he was hit by Panthers safety Chris Harris following an 18-yard run in the first quarter.

He returned to Tampa with the team Sunday night and will fly to Birmingham early this week to undergo surgery from renowned orthopaedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews.

Petitgout is believed to have suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee one series later. He will undergo further examination today in Tampa.

"I just put my arms around him,'' running back Michael Pittman said of Williams. "I couldn't tell him it would be all right. Obviously he's disappointed his season is over.''

St Pete Times

Bad year to be an Auburn back.

Caddy finished for the year.

Kenny out before the season started.

Jacobs been injured for most of the season so far.

Knock on wood Ronnie and Rudi.

Damn...torn patellar tendons are nasty injuries, even compared to torn ACL/MCL/PCL. I hope he is able to recover and play again.

Damn...torn patellar tendons are nasty injuries, even compared to torn ACL/MCL/PCL. I hope he is able to recover and play again.

Cadillac is in very good hands. Dr. Andrews in Birmingham is probably THE best sports medicine surgeon in the entire world. He works on NFL players and other world class athletes all the time. He's also a big AUBURN FAN. Yeaaa. He has been for probably 30 years or so. He'll pull out all the stops and get the very best care you can get anywhere in the world for Cadillac. If anyone can get the Cadillac repaired 100%, it's Dr. Andrews.

Everyone pray everything goes well for Caddy. Every little bit helps. I'm sure Ronnie's college buddy Ronnie Brown will be calling him and helping him out. Caddy is a really good guy. The Bucs players, coaches and fans all love him. The WHOLE Bucs team was out on the field consoling him after he got hurt yesterday.

Good luck Cadillac. Auburn Nation is behind you 100%.

Cadillac is in very good hands. Dr. Andrews in Birmingham is probably THE best sports medicine surgeon in the entire world. He works on NFL players and other world class athletes all the time. He's also a big AUBURN FAN. Yeaaa. He has been for probably 30 years or so. He'll pull out all the stops and get the very best care you can get anywhere in the world for Cadillac. If anyone can get the Cadillac repaired 100%, it's Dr. Andrews.

Everyone pray everything goes well for Caddy. Every little bit helps. I'm sure Ronnie's college buddy Ronnie Brown will be calling him and helping him out. Caddy is a really good guy. The Bucs players, coaches and fans all love him. The WHOLE Bucs team was out on the field consoling him after he got hurt yesterday.

Good luck Cadillac. Auburn Nation is behind you 100%.

+1 on Andrews being THE man. He repaired my totally separated ACL and I was back in full contact martial arts tournaments within 9 months. I didn't realize a torn patella tendon was even worse. :(

Good luck Caddy and God bless. Attack the rehab.

This is the same injury that a very good defensive lineman for AU suffered several years ago--maybe 5-10 years ago and I don't think he ever came back from the injury. Does anybody remember his name?

I cut mine completly in two 15 years ago.I'm not an NFL player but I snow ski,golf,run,play church league softball,etc...I've never have a bit of problem.After my surgery my docter told me I would be able to do everything I had done before.I will say the rehab was pretty long and it was probably 2 years before I felt really comfortable on it.Maybe mine was easier to heal because it was cut in two rather than torn.

Marcus Welby, M.D.

I'm a former Physical Therapist Assistant.... This is a tough one, but he'll have the best resources available.

I hate it for him. I tore the ACL, MCL, plus had a "bucket" tear in my meniscus playing football. That was 1995, and while in the AF....and I'm fine today (knock on wood), so if I can make it, he'll make it!

The Patellar Tendon is a bastard when it ruptures, but the surgery will make it stronger than ever.

I wish him the best!

Archived