Auburn dreams of Bama probation crash to the ground

BAMMERPERRY

From Mike Dubberly's blog:

As I reported last Monday night at 6:00 on Fox6, a couple of sources shed some light on what happened in the UA textbook situation that led to 5-Alabama football players being suspended.

Basically, this all started with women's track. A few female athletes have boyfriends who are non-athletes. Their boyfriends had difficulty paying for textbooks. So, they worked out a scheme to help out their boyfriends. It involved a couple of student employees at the Ferguson Center who on the female track athlete's book allowances to get textbooks that their boyfriends needed. The female track athletes asked for the cooperation of 5 football players, Antoine Caldwell, Marlon Davis, Glenn Coffee, Chris Rogers and Marquis Johnson to utilize their book allowances as well to help the girl's boyfriends. Unfortuntately they did cooperate and are now suspended. From what I am told, the football players got no personal gain in any of this but what they did was, of course, wrong. On Wednesday, a contingent from the University of Alabama met with the NCAA to report their own findings.

Right now, it looks like a two to four game suspension. If the NCAA approves the report, they (the NCAA) can shorten the suspensions. It's my understanding that If the amount per player was $100 or less, they are immediately reinstated as soon as they pay the money to the university. If it's more, we have to work with the NCAA to determine appropriate penalties. Unlike Ball State, which had a similar situation but was much more widespread, there is nothing to sugges a Bama coverup or lack of institutional control.

Gosh!! It was reported on Fox 6, must be true. :poke:

As I reported last Monday night at 6:00 on Fox6, a couple of sources shed some light on what happened in the UA textbook situation that led to 5-Alabama football players being suspended.

Basically, this all started with women's track. A few female athletes have boyfriends who are non-athletes. Their boyfriends had difficulty paying for textbooks. So, they worked out a scheme to help out their boyfriends. It involved a couple of student employees at the Ferguson Center who on the female track athlete's book allowances to get textbooks that their boyfriends needed. The female track athletes asked for the cooperation of 5 football players, Antoine Caldwell, Marlon Davis, Glenn Coffee, Chris Rogers and Marquis Johnson to utilize their book allowances as well to help the girl's boyfriends. Unfortuntately they did cooperate and are now suspended. From what I am told, the football players got no personal gain in any of this but what they did was, of course, wrong. On Wednesday, a contingent from the University of Alabama met with the NCAA to report their own findings.

Right now, it looks like a two to four game suspension. If the NCAA approves the report, they (the NCAA) can shorten the suspensions. It's my understanding that If the amount per player was $100 or less, they are immediately reinstated as soon as they pay the money to the university. If it's more, we have to work with the NCAA to determine appropriate penalties. Unlike Ball State, which had a similar situation but was much more widespread, there is nothing to sugges a Bama coverup or lack of institutional control.

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that the football players "got no personal gain" from this? I can believe that the players (in one instance) used the allowances to help someone. It's just hard to believe that they received a multiple game suspension for it. After all, we know Shula's Saban's disciplinary standards.

BP, if I were you, I'd want to believe Dubberly, too. But, I'm not sure that this is the best information out there.

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that the football players "got no personal gain" from this? I can believe that the players (in one instance) used the allowances to help someone. It's just hard to believe that they received a multiple game suspension for it. After all, we know Shula's Saban's disciplinary standards.

BP, if I were you, I'd want to believe Dubberly, too. But, I'm not sure that this is the best information out there.

Sorry dude, those Black Helicopters were made up on ITAT.

Not really, the choppers are parked on the heliopad at little bahr's house. :roflol:

Has anyone ever heard of Dubberly? I have really never heard of him. He might be Breitling on TI I am told.

FWIW, there was a story in the Mobile Press-Register yesterday that quoted CNS as saying the problem began with a "few other sports". he also said that the 5 suspended players seem to be the only football players involved as far as he knows. but we'll see what the NCAA says.

Sorry dude, those Black Helicopters were made up on ITAT.

You're right, BP. UAT has never attempted to cover anything up, skirt an offense, misguide the public, lie specifically about allegations, or use the media to spill company drivel. My bad.

Oh yeah, and trusting the words of Nick Saban shows wisdom and discretion.

This makes perfectly sense. I'm sure those football players were falling all over themselves to help the track girls' boyfriends; most young men I know are like that, doing anything possible, even threatening their own football careers, to help out someone else's boyfriend. In fact, these Alabama football players are so brave to help them out unselfishly like that, they should all be given free ice cream!

So we're supposed to believe that Moore and King flew to Indy to report on something as insignificant as what supersource "Dubberly" has laid out?

Uh, no.

InDNo

Illegal plane ride?

Coon-ass comments?

Deadrick headbutting a police car?

Simeon Castille getting arrested?

Roy Upchurch doesn't give a F*** about Nick Saban?

A Booster giving a recruit a book about Alabama football history?

Kevin Steele making a weird call to Hoover High School and then a grade change?

Five players getting suspended for a textbook scandal?

How many "little" violations have to occur before the school is punished?

Bama must have a good deal with Charmin toilet paper to keep wiping this much s*** off their ass.

I heard on the radio (WNSP) that Moore left Indy very unhappy with what the NCAA had to tell him. The fact that he did not have a press conference yet is a sure indicator that things are not all rosy on this latest scandal. The corruption at Bama is so widespread it would take a decade to clean it all up, that is if anyone ever tried to clean it up.

So we're supposed to believe that Moore and King flew to Indy to report on something as insignificant as what supersource "Dubberly" has laid out?

Uh, no.

InDNo

Exactly...

Poor rednecks. Get their hat handed to 'em...and...The FEAR of the NCAA openin' up that Branch office, again, in west vance. I almost feel sorry for 'em.

Almost....NOT...hehehehehe

Archived