Will Auburn beat us like a rented mule?

Legionfield

Well, according to BG, you guys "aren't" behind at all.

Judging how we fared against UGA compared to how you guys did...I think it's at least safe to say we are darn near even. We played them MUCH better than you did. But we took 2 steps back to day at the QB position.

We've both lost 4 games. At this point, I'd say Auburn would be probably a 2-3 point favorite thanks to the home field advantage. That, at least to me, doesn't indicate some great chasm between the two programs.

Beat us on the field team to team, then we'll see how you compare.

Right now, you've lost 5 straight. Close THAT gap.

Think about it, if you lose to us AGAIN this year, what does a "closer" win vs. Georgia mean?

Not Sh*t.

Period.

I agree with that. We got to beat Auburn before we have closed the gap at all. After the way this year has gone (upsets, ups and downs), you cant compare how one team did against another. It just doesnt work.

Absolutely.......this has been a year of "What the heck??" game was that for not only us, but UGA (Tennessee and South Carolina), LSU (UK), Bama (Miss. State/FSU), Kentucky (well, several now), Florida (AU, UGA), ect. ect. ect. College football is crazy as hell this year.

Well, according to BG, you guys "aren't" behind at all.

Judging how we fared against UGA compared to how you guys did...I think it's at least safe to say we are darn near even. We played them MUCH better than you did. But we took 2 steps back to day at the QB position.

We've both lost 4 games. At this point, I'd say Auburn would be probably a 2-3 point favorite thanks to the home field advantage. That, at least to me, doesn't indicate some great chasm between the two programs.

Beat us on the field team to team, then we'll see how you compare.

Right now, you've lost 5 straight. Close THAT gap.

Think about it, if you lose to us AGAIN this year, what does a "closer" win vs. Georgia mean?

Not Sh*t.

Period.

I agree with that. We got to beat Auburn before we have closed the gap at all. After the way this year has gone (upsets, ups and downs), you cant compare how one team did against another. It just doesnt work.

Absolutely.......this has been a year of "What the heck??" game was that for not only us, but UGA (Tennessee and South Carolina), LSU (UK), Bama (Miss. State/FSU), Kentucky (well, several now), Florida (AU, UGA), ect. ect. ect. College football is crazy as hell this year.

IMO, college football is coming into the parity that has been a part of college basketball for 15 to 20 years now. College football is even more a mental game than anything, and more contagious within a team. Momentum plays such a huge role in college football, at least in college basketball you have a hand full of timeouts that can be used to stop the carnage.

I think the winner will be the D that can pressure the QB the most. Both have showed flashes of brilliance coupled with horrible play. Could be a very good game if both of the Os are on their game, which means bama hits some big plays, AU follows with 6 to 8 minute drive. I think this one does come down to D as mentioned. I think the AU DL has the upper hand. AU has to get the running game going. bama will take many, many shots downfield. I hope the AU D can pressure JPW. It sure will be interesting to watch what will unfold.

Archived