Georgia revisited - In case anyone wants to relive the moment

tigertales

Found this on YouTube this morning -- it's one of the top items when you do a search for "Auburn"

I STILL don't understand how any of this is deemed acceptable or even allowable in the middle of an SEC football game --- TOTAL lack of discipline, TOTAL lack of class....and TOTALLY out of control. It was a theater of the absurd!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxVVdU3C00

Check out the comments too. There is a particularly memorable description of Auburn from someone named "burn27g"

eh, I bet recruits love it. I'd take that over "basket case" any day.

I wish they'd play Soulja Boy at BDS.

I guess I should be thankful we finally tossed "Dixieland Delight", though, eh?

the band still plays it

I missed the 2nd half. I was pissed about that and still am, so when I read people talking on here about Georgia dancing on the sidelines, I wasn't sure what that meant. I can't believe it. I can't believe that the refs didn't warn the sidelines to stop that crap. Richt needs to nip that kid of stuff in the bud. I don't feel that way because Georgia won. Boorish behavior like that does not belong at a football game. If Auburn had done that I would be bitching, moaning, and groaning to anyone that would listen to me. That embarrasses the school. It is sad to see such a great institution has come to that.

I admit that was the loudest I have laughed in a long time when they started playing that last year at the IB. All of those crimpum n white shakers going in unison made it even more special...

Hey, with Saliva's 'Ladies and Gentlemen' and Ozzy Osbourne's 'Crazy Train' ---

at least Auburn ROCKS! :au:

Our rock comes with a price tag though.....(UF last year)

I missed the 2nd half. I was pissed about that and still am, so when I read people talking on here about Georgia dancing on the sidelines, I wasn't sure what that meant. I can't believe it. I can't believe that the refs didn't warn the sidelines to stop that crap. Richt needs to nip that kid of stuff in the bud. I don't feel that way because Georgia won. Boorish behavior like that does not belong at a football game. If Auburn had done that I would be bitching, moaning, and groaning to anyone that would listen to me. That embarrasses the school. It is sad to see such a great institution has come to that.

I agree, it reflects badly on the university.

Richt has only succeeded in releasing a destructive genie out of the bottle...

and trouble is, since the "gimmicks" (...ah what do the ThUGAs call it? oh yeah "fun" :blink: ) have worked, their fans want even more... (the stomping on Vandy's logo, end zone celebration versus Florida, and the three-ring circus versus Auburn) ---- what's next?

Richt has moved to the dark side

I hate that song as about as bad as that other crappy moaning sound song that the play at all the games now! Whatever the song that they played at BDS at halftime last year..............total crap!

poman1976 (19 hours ago)

35-14

I think Rocky Top is going to sound great in the GA Dome in 3 weeks.

That was the best quote in the comments section. Just goes to show that Georgia may do well showing their ass, but they ain't got s***.

Found this on YouTube this morning -- it's one of the top items when you do a search for "Auburn"

I STILL don't understand how any of this is deemed acceptable or even allowable in the middle of an SEC football game --- TOTAL lack of discipline, TOTAL lack of class....and TOTALLY out of control. It was a theater of the absurd!!

Check out the comments too. There is a particularly memorable description of Auburn from someone named "burn27g"

i bet you guys wouldn't be complaining had you won. UGA has danced on their sidelines at a few games this season, i even saw some YouTube videos of that too. i don't see a huge outcry for other teams that do it too. you guys act as if they were waving big signs saying "BOOM! KNOCK THESE MOTHERF***ERS OUT!" here you are whining about them dancing, yet it is OK for your DC to call some kids "motherf***ers" in the middle of a game on national tv. but Richt is the classless one. alot of the YouTube videos i have seen have been from people in the crowd. it gets the fans absolutely FIRED UP. if dancing on the sidelines gets their fans that fired up, then so be it. some of you might have a bad taste in your mouth because of how you might have been treated by a fan, and that is understandable. but don't mix up the fans and the players.

poman1976 (19 hours ago)

35-14

That was the best quote in the comments section. Just goes to show that Georgia may do well showing their ass, but they ain't got s***.

if we could beat them 45-17, i have every reason to believe UGA can duplicate those results.

and trouble is, since the "gimmicks" (...ah what do the ThUGAs call it? oh yeah "fun" :blink: ) have worked, their fans want even more... (the stomping on Vandy's logo, end zone celebration versus Florida, and the three-ring circus versus Auburn) ---- what's next?

That thought went through my mind also. Since Richt doesn't call plays anymore, he seems to be spending his time thinking up little "gimmicks" to get the players and the fan base fired up. Of course he learned at the feet of the master, Bobby Bowden. These things are like crack. The crowd and fans get addicted to them and you always have to top yourself to keep them interested. Where does it end? It worked against Florida and against Auburn, but at what price? Fourteen personal foul calls in those two games alone.

Don't get me wrong, I love winning, but I don't believe in "win at all costs". I can't believe that the road UGA seems to be taking won't come with a high price in the long term. Mark Richt= the new Barry Switzer

That thought went through my mind also. Since Richt doesn't call plays anymore, he seems to be spending his time thinking up little "gimmicks" to get the players and the fan base fired up. Of course he learned at the feet of the master, Bobby Bowden. These things are like crack. The players and fans get addicted to them and you always have to top yourself to keep them interested. Where does it end? It worked against Florida and against Auburn, but at what price? Fourteen personal foul calls in those two games alone.

Don't get me wrong, I love winning, but I don't believe in "win at all costs". I can't believe that the road UGA seems to be taking won't come with a high price in the long term. Mark Richt= the new Barry Switzer

poman1976 (19 hours ago)

35-14

if we could beat them 45-17, i have every reason to believe UGA can duplicate those results.

Well, they didn't. They got murdered 35-14.

Now, I do agree with you, but it's just an "if" situation. "If" UGA could play Tenn again.... They can't. Just like LSU can't play Kentucky and we can't play South Florida again.

i bet you guys wouldn't be complaining had you won. UGA has danced on their sidelines at a few games this season, i even saw some YouTube videos of that too. i don't see a huge outcry for other teams that do it too. you guys act as if they were waving big signs saying "BOOM! KNOCK THESE MOTHERF***ERS OUT!" here you are whining about them dancing, yet it is OK for your DC to call some kids "motherf***ers" in the middle of a game on national tv. but Richt is the classless one. alot of the YouTube videos i have seen have been from people in the crowd. it gets the fans absolutely FIRED UP. if dancing on the sidelines gets their fans that fired up, then so be it. some of you might have a bad taste in your mouth because of how you might have been treated by a fan, and that is understandable. but don't mix up the fans and the players.

runswithscissors --

With all due respect, for me it is not about the loss. We lost to LSU this year but at the end of that game I had nothing but pride for a game well fought---by both sides. Sure, it hurt, but it was in the end a classic SEC college football game. Both teams played hard and in the end LSU gets a final second catch to win it.

I was in Sanford Stadium and I know what I saw and I know what others saw and experienced -- and it wasn't just the dancing.

I agree with you to an extent. I still think it is somewhat classless, and reeks of the "entertainment" component that has begun to bleed heavily into sports (see most basketball venues). That being said. . . so what? We take care of business, it is a non issue. Somehow I don't think the bump and grind has the same effect when you are losing. Do I think it was classless? Yeah. Am I glad Auburn doesn't do it? Yeah.

This in no way condones the inappropriate behavior of fans that may put physical safety at risk. Such behavior is wrong at UGA, UAT, or AU and goes without saying.

I hate that song as about as bad as that other crappy moaning sound song that the play at all the games now! Whatever the song that they played at BDS at halftime last year..............total crap!

To hijack a bit, if I may, I had Soulja Boy on my iPod over a year ago. As a joke. Because he was so terrible. Check out his earlier gems "Doo Doo Head" and "Girl U Stank". Or my favorite, his remix of "Throw Some D's On That B*tch", in which he is talking about how he wants to take his straight F's report card to his teacher and tell him to do just that.

I had him in the "favorite artists" section on facebook (again as a joke) and was the only one in my networks (Auburn & Birmingham) who had him listed.

It was like a surreal dream the first time I saw a room full of sorority girls not only playing Soulja Boy at a party, but doing a synchronized dance to it, which has now stormed the nation like the friggin Macarena.

And the funniest part about it is, it is of the exact same terrible quality on the major label "studio" album as those songs I had as a joke. It sounds like he recorded it into the microphone on his computer.

Popular music these days never ceases to amaze me.

I cant wait to hear Muschamp scream that when sarah jessica parker gets blown up.

BOOM!

B)

I cant wait to hear Muschamp scream that when sarah jessica parker gets blown up.

BOOM!

B)

the first AU or UA fan i have seen since Saturday that is cocky about the Iron Bowl. congratulations.

Archived