Are you really better off?

GalensGhost

WarTiger...

Saban winning percentage - 68%

Tuberville winning percentage - 66%

"Tubervile was at Ole Miss" is not a valid argument, considering that Michigan State was also on probation when Saban arrived in '95 and hadn't had a winning season since '90.

As for his time in the NFL, it can hardly be considered a failure when you see what the Dolphins have done since he left. His record in the pros, like Spurrier, wasn't sparkling, but 15-17 is a helluva lot better than their current 0-9.

Why Alabama and Auburn fans bicker over the abilities of the other school's coaches, I'll never know. I know we hate each other's guts, but can we not show some objectivity every now and then?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WarTiger...

"Tubervile was at Ole Miss" is not a valid argument, considering that Michigan State was also on probation when Saban arrived in '95 and hadn't had a winning season since '90.

As for his time in the NFL, it can hardly be considered a failure when you see what the Dolphins have done since he left. His record in the pros, like Spurrier, wasn't sparkling, but 15-17 is a helluva lot better than their current 0-9.

Why Alabama and Auburn fans bicker over the abilities of the other school's coaches, I'll never know. I know we hate each other's guts, but can we not show some objectivity every now and then?

Never once did I bring up Tuberville at all in my post. NOT ONCE. This thread is not about saban vs. tuberville or uat vs. auburn. Nice BG impersonation there with the well, Tuberville is ________. I'll not fall for your attempt to derail the thread.

What if Saban fails to repeat the success he had at LSU? According to many, many Bama fans, before the season started they all claimed that Bama had more talent then LSU had in 2000 when Saban took over. So there is no excuse why Saban shouldn't win the SEC in his second season, like he did at LSU, right?

There is no use trying to make sensible comments like this, Chimlim. They think they are automatically better than any other program "because they are Alabama."

This is the same Saban that was too bashful and shy to throw his challenge flag from the Dolphins sideline last year and got totally overlooked/ignored by the referees, and he then meekly drew their attention to it, before he was ignored again. He's past his prime, and his failure in the NFL has hurt him mentally more than anyone cares to admit, yet because he is a rockstar, these idiots pay him $4 million dollars and mob him at the airport like morons, because Lord knows they would rather get drunk at the airport waiting on a plane than to go to work.

Alabama will not win 10 games under Saban. Saban will be there 1-3 years AT MOST and gone.

He knows how to work the system at Alabama and keep the idiots content. He just keeps feeding their false hopes with his cheap rhetoric and tactical moves in the media....keeping the media talking about his personality and rants at press conferences, rather than how disappointing the team is under him. When tough questions are asked, tantrums ensue, and the idiots eat it up at home saying "we got us a real coach."

He knows how Alabama fans are and they always think the next QB is going to be "the one" and how they thought their 29-year old rookie OC was going to be so freakin awesome this year. He plays them up on that stuff an lets them work themselves into a frenzy. They are ready to lynch JPW when a few short months ago he was going to lead them to the next nashnul champunshup, and they are now convinced "that new quarterback" is gonna play Saturday and he's 10 times better than JPW. :roflol:

The truth is the ONLY thing Saban has done is make them feel better about being a mid-tier SEC, #2 team in state.

As long as their goal continues to be making the future as good as the past, they will fail because you can't live in the future or the past. You can only live in the now. And RIGHT NOW, Alabama sucks.

Wow. Just a few weeks ago.....

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42201

And finally, you CANNOT separate the AU program from the conference in which we play. It is not going to get any easier to get to Atlanta in the future with Saban at Alabama now. There will be a 3-way race in the west pretty much every year. Still think beating Alabama is not important?

Which is it? Is Saban the idiot you say he is or is he the coach that is going to make it a 3-way race in the west pretty much every year?

If Saban isn't EVER going to win 10 games at Bama, does that mean LSU and Auburn won't win 10 games either? I don't see how it could be a three way race otherwise.

If Saban isn't going to be at Alabama for more than two years, how did you come to the conclusion that it will be a 3-way race in the west every year?

WarTiger...

Never once did I bring up Tuberville at all in my post. NOT ONCE. This thread is not about saban vs. tuberville or uat vs. auburn. Nice BG impersonation there with the well, Tuberville is ________. I'll not fall for your attempt to derail the thread.

It's perfectly valid. You can't praise Tuberville and then bash Saban when both of them have similar resumes. Somehow, you find room to do both.

FWIW, I made an initial post that dealt with the very topic of this thread and it was conveniently ignored.

Wow. Just a few weeks ago.....

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42201

And finally, you CANNOT separate the AU program from the conference in which we play. It is not going to get any easier to get to Atlanta in the future with Saban at Alabama now. There will be a 3-way race in the west pretty much every year. Still think beating Alabama is not important?

Which is it? Is Saban the idiot you say he is or is he the coach that is going to make it a 3-way race in the west pretty much every year?

If Saban isn't EVER going to win 10 games at Bama, does that mean LSU and Auburn won't win 10 games either? I don't see how it could be a three way race otherwise.

If Saban isn't going to be at Alabama for more than two years, how did you come to the conclusion that it will be a 3-way race in the west every year?

Congratulations on discovering the search feature. I guess that makes you so clever? Especially when you link my posts on rival boards back to AUnation. Really classy, Argo.

Why don't you cleverly do a search and go back to when I have repeatedly said that if Saban does not beat Auburn in his first two years he will be GONE by year #3.

Why is it that you guys cannot stick to the topic at hand which is:

ARE YOU REALLY ANY BETTER OFF WITH SABAN THAN YOU WERE WITH SHULA?

I have answered that question by saying no. What is your answer? I for one find it quite interesting the way you all are coping with this Mississippi State loss by totally ignoring it.

Congratulations on discovering the search feature. I guess that makes you so clever? Especially when you link my posts on rival boards back to AUnation. Really classy, Argo.

It doesn't make me clever. It makes you look like a schizophrenic. Nice side-step though.

Why don't you cleverly do a search and go back to when I have repeatedly said that if Saban does not beat Auburn in his first two years he will be GONE by year #3.

If you feel that way, you shouldn't have made a post saying the west will be a three-way race pretty much every year. It doesn't work both ways.

Why is it that you guys cannot stick to the topic at hand which is:

I have answered that question by saying no. What is your answer? I for one find it quite interesting the way you all are coping with this Mississippi State loss by totally ignoring it.

I for one find it quite interesting that you accuse me of not staying on topic when I've already answered the question on the first page.

Now that we have that out of the way, do you mind answering my questions?

why do you keep asking that question you gave us the answer in you post

but yet I thought you said we were not better off. so which is it?

WarTiger...

It's perfectly valid. You can't praise Tuberville and then bash Saban when both of them have similar resumes. Somehow, you find room to do both.

FWIW, I made an initial post that dealt with the very topic of this thread and it was conveniently ignored.

No its not valid. Show me where I praised tuberville and bashed saban in this thread. Show me... This thread is not comparing Tuberville to Suitcase, sorry, won't work.

The topic of the thread is: Are you really better off? Just for you, I'll expound a little. That means are you better off with Saban than you were with Shula? Not really sure why you uaters insist on making everything a uat vs. auburn argument. Try for once to just answer the question instead of trying to derail the thread into something its not about.

WarTiger...

No its not valid. Show me where I praised tuberville and bashed saban in this thread. Show me... This thread is not comparing Tuberville to Suitcase, sorry, won't work.

The topic of the thread is: Are you really better off? Just for you, I'll expound a little. That means are you better off with Saban than you were with Shula? Not really sure why you uaters insist on making everything a uat vs. auburn argument. Try for once to just answer the question instead of trying to derail the thread into something its not about.

I never said that you did so in this thread. Does that not make it a constant topic with you? I'm not necessarily saying that it's a bad thing, but you can't ignore that you're constantly praising Tuberville while bashing Saban.

An Alabama vs. Auburn discussion doesn't matter, until you and your ilk attempt to discredit Saban's accomplishments, wins-losses in particular, when he actually has a better winning percentage than Tuberville. If you weren't high on your own coach, then I can see where you would have an argument. In essence, you're the one who makes the debate relevant, and you don't even know it.

Go back to the first page of the thread to see my thoughts on the initial topic. You obviously haven't done so.

What if Saban fails to repeat the success he had at LSU? According to many, many Bama fans, before the season started they all claimed that Bama had more talent then LSU had in 2000 when Saban took over. So there is no excuse why Saban shouldn't win the SEC in his second season, like he did at LSU, right?

There is no use trying to make sensible comments like this, Chimlim. They think they are automatically better than any other program "because they are Alabama."

This is the same Saban that was too bashful and shy to throw his challenge flag from the Dolphins sideline last year and got totally overlooked/ignored by the referees, and he then meekly drew their attention to it, before he was ignored again. He's past his prime, and his failure in the NFL has hurt him mentally more than anyone cares to admit, yet because he is a rockstar, these idiots pay him $4 million dollars and mob him at the airport like morons, because Lord knows they would rather get drunk at the airport waiting on a plane than to go to work.

Alabama will not win 10 games under Saban. Saban will be there 1-3 years AT MOST and gone.

He knows how to work the system at Alabama and keep the idiots content. He just keeps feeding their false hopes with his cheap rhetoric and tactical moves in the media....keeping the media talking about his personality and rants at press conferences, rather than how disappointing the team is under him. When tough questions are asked, tantrums ensue, and the idiots eat it up at home saying "we got us a real coach."

He knows how Alabama fans are and they always think the next QB is going to be "the one" and how they thought their 29-year old rookie OC was going to be so freakin awesome this year. He plays them up on that stuff an lets them work themselves into a frenzy. They are ready to lynch JPW when a few short months ago he was going to lead them to the next nashnul champunshup, and they are now convinced "that new quarterback" is gonna play Saturday and he's 10 times better than JPW. :roflol:

The truth is the ONLY thing Saban has done is make them feel better about being a mid-tier SEC, #2 team in state.

As long as their goal continues to be making the future as good as the past, they will fail because you can't live in the future or the past. You can only live in the now. And RIGHT NOW, Alabama sucks.

I agree that the "new quarterback" will play Saturday. I'm not so sure that he will be wonderful, but maybe. That said, I have to disagree with you on one thing. Alabama is not the #2 team in state. Maybe #3, more likely #4.

WarTiger...

I never said that you did so in this thread. Does that not make it a constant topic with you? I'm not necessarily saying that it's a bad thing, but you can't ignore that you're constantly praising Tuberville while bashing Saban.

An Alabama vs. Auburn discussion doesn't matter, until you and your ilk attempt to discredit Saban's accomplishments, wins-losses in particular, when he actually has a better winning percentage than Tuberville. If you weren't high on your own coach, then I can see where you would have an argument. In essence, you're the one who makes the debate relevant, and you don't even know it.

Go back to the first page of the thread to see my thoughts on the initial topic. You obviously haven't done so.

Oh, didn't realize I needed your permission to bash Saban. Tell, you what, hold your breath and wait for me to ask you for it. Here's a little tip (free of charge), if you don't like us discrediting or bashing the 8th attempt at a saviour for your program, you are totally welcome to go back to your SPuat board of choice with YOUR ILK, where you belong. There you can put on the knee pads to your newest saviour and honk the bobo all you want. You really need to take a reading comprehension course, its obviously a downfall with you. I see you are intent on making it a SPuat vs. Auburn discussion no matter what. Well, I refuse to go down that road, except only to say this. I, for one, am very high on tuberville. However, unlike you uaters out there, I care about more than just wins and losses. 67% vs. 66% is irrelevant to me. I care about how Tuberville addresses the media, how he respects his co-workers in the athletic dept., how he treats his players, how he graduates players, and how he keeps them out of trouble or disciplines them when on the rare occasion they do something stupid. Contrary to what you uaters believe a head coach is about a lot more than just wins and losses, at least to other schools it is. That is why Tuberville will ALWAYS be the better coach of the two. That is all. I'm out of this thread, cause I've already played enough of your little SPuat vs. auburn game you like to start so often. Enjoy, and I'll be rooting for ULM come saturday...

WarTiger...

Oh, didn't realize I needed your permission to bash Saban. Tell, you what, hold your breath and wait for me to ask you for it. Here's a little tip (free of charge), if you don't like us discrediting or bashing the 8th attempt at a saviour for your program, you are totally welcome to go back to your SPuat board of choice with YOUR ILK, where you belong. There you can put on the knee pads to your newest saviour and honk the bobo all you want. You really need to take a reading comprehension course, its obviously a downfall with you. I see you are intent on making it a SPuat vs. Auburn discussion no matter what. Well, I refuse to go down that road, except only to say this. I, for one, am very high on tuberville. However, unlike you uaters out there, I care about more than just wins and losses. 67% vs. 66% is irrelevant to me. I care about how Tuberville addresses the media, how he respects his co-workers in the athletic dept., how he treats his players, how he graduates players, and how he keeps them out of trouble or disciplines them when on the rare occasion they do something stupid. Contrary to what you uaters believe a head coach is about a lot more than just wins and losses, at least to other schools it is. That is why Tuberville will ALWAYS be the better coach of the two. That is all. I'm out of this thread, cause I've already played enough of your little SPuat vs. auburn game you like to start so often. Enjoy, and I'll be rooting for ULM come saturday...

You don't need my permission to discuss anything, and I'm not planning on giving it to you.

I couldn't care less if you bash Saban, but when you make him out to be a sub-par coach (apparently only because he can be an ass to the media), I'm going to do my part to at least make your argument coherent. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it, eh?

P.S. Saban doesn't respect his co-workers? Spoken like a person who has never set foot in that building.

The only thing I have to say about the last 4 pages of this thread...

If we beat you guys in 8 days, please don't delete this bad boy.

My thoughts exactly. To answer the question, ill tell you guys after 11/24.

The only thing I have to say about the last 4 pages of this thread...

If we beat you guys in 8 days, please don't delete this bad boy.

My thoughts exactly. To answer the question, ill tell you guys after 11/24.

Shouldn't be able to...

An Alabama loss certainly wouldn't prove we were better off than Shula. A win? Well...

CNS did lose to UAB, but it doesn't seem that it was indicative of his abilities.

more indicative of his abilities than the anomaly of the 13-1 season from a coach with an average record of

8-4 in his coaching career. Take out his nfl numbers and he losses on average 3.8 games a season. With the NFL numbers included, he loses on average 4.5 games a season.

I think the better question is, "What would Saban had done with the '05 team?" My opinion is we would have been undefeated. People forget how good that defense was. We won the UT game 6-3, the Ole Miss game 13-10, and the Cotton Bowl 13-10. That season was teetering on a disaster, well, par for the course with Shula. Can you imagine what Saban, who many consider to be a defensive genius, could have done with that defense? They would have been undefeated, number 2 or 3 in the country. That is a much better way to compare their coaching abilities, imo..... :thumbsup: This year, we have no depth on defense. Not to mention the fact that we do not have 3 NFL caliber players playing on defense. In addition to that, Freddie Roach was a great college player. Sometimes guys are great college players and do not make it in the league. That doesn't mean that they were not great in college. The rest of the D were above average to great "college players". That is a huge difference between the '05 and '07 defense.

Major :bs: flag here.... you have no way of knowing that and your grasping at anything you can to spin saban into a better coach than he is. We are talking about the same defense that gave up 21 to us in the opening 10 minutes, right? The same defense that faced only one offense ranked in the top 30 all season, and got embarrassed in that one. The same team that had the worst offensive line in college football? Saban and his alleged defensive mind would have been no help for the horrific offensive line you had in 2005. You are absolutely dreaming if you really believe this.

No more than you are by saying we are as good as we were with Shula.

We are talking about the same defense that gave up 21 to us in the opening 10 minutes, right?

You seem to forget that defense was put on short fields for those points. Not many defenses can hold on 3 short fields in succession.

P.S. Saban doesn't respect his co-workers? Spoken like a person who has never set foot in that building.

Take this for what it's worth -

Mrs. Muschamp told me and a few other people one day that Nick Saban would only refer to her as "Mrs. Will Muschamp" and got upset when asked to be called "Carol" or "Mrs. Muschamp". Some people think he's just that old fashiond; I believe he's a total asshat.

Just one question, If I may.....

Does a REALLY good SEC Coach lose, at home, to UAB?

How can you say that when the man went on to win the MNC? You are just grasping..........I would lose to UAB every other year if I was guaranteed a MNC in the other years......... :thumbsup:

Take this for what it's worth -

Mrs. Muschamp told me and a few other people one day that Nick Saban would only refer to her as "Mrs. Will Muschamp" and got upset when asked to be called "Carol" or "Mrs. Muschamp". Some people think he's just that old fashiond; I believe he's a total asshat.

I'm just saying that I've never seen him be disrespectful to any person in that building, including myself. I don't know what happens when he gets behind a lectern, but that person is totally different than the one who sits in his office.

He's got a unique personality. I've heard him sound like the toughest cuss ever on the phone, and then turn around and be the nicest person you've ever met.

does a REALLY good SEC coach lose, at home, to USF? when they turn the ball over 5 times? at least UAB has been playing football for more than 10 years. ;)

btw WarTim, don't delete this thread if we win in a few weeks. we all know you get a little delete-happy when you might have to eat some crow.

does a REALLY good SEC coach lose, at home, to USF? when they turn the ball over 5 times? at least UAB has been playing football for more than 10 years. ;)

btw WarTim, don't delete this thread if we win in a few weeks. we all know you get a little delete-happy when you might have to eat some crow.

ULM 21 UAT 14

Archived